London, Jeddah- Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud received on Friday Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu at the Safa Palace in Mecca.
They reviewed bilateral relations between the kingdom and Turkey and discussed developments in the region, the Saudi news agency SPA reported.
Meanwhile, in London, Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir uncovered that the four Arab states that broke ties with Doha – including his country, Egypt, the UAE and Bahrain – were drawing up a “list of grievances” against Qatar and would present them soon.
Jubeir stressed the need for Doha to steer clear of policies supporting extremist or terrorist organizations, and said the country should not incite or intervene in the affairs of sisterly countries.
“The matter is not difficult, but on the contrary, very easy,” Jubeir told journalists during a press conference held at the Saudi Embassy in London.
The foreign minister added: “The demands to halt supporting and funding extremism and terrorism are not the requests of just Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain and Egypt, but are demands made by the whole world.”
He said the measures taken against Qatar were a direct message to Doha that supporting terrorism and interfering in the affairs of other states were both rejected.
British sources said on Friday that the foreign minsters of Saudi Arabia, UAE and Bahrain asserted to their British counterpart Boris Johnson that the measures taken following the crisis with Qatar were not directed against the Qatari people, and did not aspire for a regime change, but only aimed to guarantee the national security of the three countries by facing terrorism and the spread of extremism.
The three countries affirmed that any solution to the crisis hinges on Qatar’s unequivocal undertakings, accompanied by guarantees and an implementation mechanism for those requests, particularly that Doha did not abide by pledges made earlier in this same regard in 2014, the sources added.