Riyadh Summit Ministerial Committee Begins Intl Tour from China to Mobilize Ceasefire Efforts in Gaza

The leaders of Arab and Islamic countries during the Riyadh summit last week. (Egyptian Presidency)
The leaders of Arab and Islamic countries during the Riyadh summit last week. (Egyptian Presidency)
TT

Riyadh Summit Ministerial Committee Begins Intl Tour from China to Mobilize Ceasefire Efforts in Gaza

The leaders of Arab and Islamic countries during the Riyadh summit last week. (Egyptian Presidency)
The leaders of Arab and Islamic countries during the Riyadh summit last week. (Egyptian Presidency)

The Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Monday that Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan, and a number of his counterparts from Arab and Islamic countries, began an official tour of the permanent members of the Security Council to rally international positions in support for a ceasefire in Gaza.
The ministry added that the move comes on behalf of all member states of the Arab League and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) towards an immediate ceasefire in the Gaza Strip, and with the aim of launching a serious and real political process to achieve a lasting and comprehensive peace in accordance with international references.
Prince Faisal bin Farhan had announced on Saturday the start of the work of the ministerial committee assigned by the Joint Arab-Islamic Summit, which was recently held in Riyadh. The committee includes the foreign ministers of Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, Qatar, Türkiye, Indonesia, Nigeria, and Palestine, in addition to the Secretary-General of the League of Arab States and the Secretary-General of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.
During a joint media briefing with Josep Borrell, High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, Prince Faisal stressed the need for implementing “an immediate ceasefire, ending the suffering of the people of Gaza, and stopping the killing of civilians.”
According to observers, who spoke to Asharq Al-Awsat, the Saudi minister’s speech indicates that the tasks of the ministerial committee would focus primarily on pushing for a ceasefire.
Wide representation
Writer and political analyst Munif Al-Harbi said that the committee speaks on behalf of 57 Arab and Islamic countries, noting that member states have multiple relations with many regional and international powers, in addition to the presence of five Arab countries, namely Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Qatar and Palestine, which are directly concerned with the Palestinian issue.
In remarks to Asharq Al-Awsat, Al-Harbi underlined the importance of focusing on the committee’s goals, which include, “creating an international movement for a ceasefire and launching a serious peace process.”
Al-Harbi pointed to a change in regional and international public opinion regarding the developments in Gaza.
“On Oct. 7, most international public opinion was supportive of Israel in an unprecedented way, especially Western countries, and after the Israeli operation in Gaza there was a clear change in Western official and popular positions... We saw, for example, a change in France’s position...” he remarked.
The first steps
The ministerial round is the first executive step of the decisions of the Joint Arab-Islamic Summit, which convened in Riyadh last week, where it was decided to assign the Saudi Foreign Minister, his counterparts in a number of countries, and the two organizations’ secretaries-general, to “take immediate action on behalf of all member states of the organization and the League to formulate international action in order to stop the war on Gaza.”
Political writer Ibrahim Rayhan told Asharq Al-Awsat: “This is the first time in decades that we have witnessed Arab and Islamic diplomatic action in this manner, led by Saudi Arabia, since the first day of the outbreak of the war on the Gaza Strip.”
He continued: “It is too early to talk about launching a political process to resolve the Arab-Israeli conflict, as stopping the war takes precedence over the rest of the items at the present time.”
 



Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
TT

Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz inspected the readiness of the Grand Mosque and its facilities, conducting a field tour to review operational and service preparations for receiving worshippers and Umrah performers during the holy month of Ramadan, reported the Saudi Press Agency on Tuesday.

Prince Saud was briefed on the operational plans implemented by the relevant authorities, including crowd management mechanisms, service enhancements, and facility preparations aimed at ensuring smooth movement and enhancing comfort and safety levels for visitors to the Grand Mosque, particularly during peak times.

He reviewed developmental initiatives and smart services supporting the operational system, notably electric mobility carts for transporting the elderly, persons with disabilities, and those in need of assistance within the Grand Mosque.

The tour also included an overview of the efforts of guidance teams deployed across the corridors and courtyards of the Grand Mosque, providing multilingual assistance and direction.

Prince Saud reviewed the interactive map and digital mobility platform, which allows visitors to plan their routes in advance and identify service locations, entrances and exits, and less crowded pathways.

He was briefed on crowd management systems, including the visitor density sensor platform that measures human density in real time, and the Tawaf and Sa’i crowd status display service, which allows worshippers to select appropriate times to perform rituals with ease. Models of the modern multilingual guidance system were also reviewed.

Prince Saud also visited the Smart Engineering Command and Control Center, which serves as an advanced central platform linking operational systems and monitoring performance in real time, boosting operational efficiency and raising readiness levels during Ramadan.


Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, have provided two generous donations amounting to SAR150 million through the Jood Eskan platform.

The move aligns with the leadership's commitment to supporting all national efforts and initiatives to provide suitable housing for deserving families.

Minister of Municipalities and Housing and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Developmental Housing Foundation (Sakan) Majed Al-Hogail expressed his deep gratitude to the leadership for its unwavering support to all national efforts and initiatives aimed at providing suitable housing for eligible families across the Kingdom.

He noted the effective impact of previous generous donations in achieving the goals of housing development, and motivating individuals and institutions to donate through the Jood Eskan platform that is based on community giving that helps provide decent housing and boosts stability and quality of life for deserving families.


Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.