OIC Holds Israel Responsible for Haniyeh’s Assassination in Iran

The OIC holds its meeting in Jeddah on Wednesday. (SPA)
The OIC holds its meeting in Jeddah on Wednesday. (SPA)
TT

OIC Holds Israel Responsible for Haniyeh’s Assassination in Iran

The OIC holds its meeting in Jeddah on Wednesday. (SPA)
The OIC holds its meeting in Jeddah on Wednesday. (SPA)

The Organization of Islamic Cooperation held on Wednesday Israel responsible for the assassination of Hamas chief Ismail Haniyeh in Iran last week.

The OIC convened a meeting of the Executive Committee at the level of foreign ministers in Jeddah to discuss the latest escalation in the region.

The gatherers condemned the ongoing “war crimes and genocide committed by Israel, the illegal occupation, in Gaza and the West Bank, including Jerusalem.” It noted that since October, Israel’s assault on Gaza has killed and wounded over 140,000 Palestinians.

Palestinian envoy to the United Nations Riad Mansour told Asharq Al-Awsat: “Israel’s aggression, oppression and policy of starvation will not stop unless UN Security Council resolutions are implemented, the most recent of which was the US proposed resolution that enjoyed 14 votes in favor.”

By assassinating Haniyeh, Israel wants to drag the region and US to a broad war, he warned.

The Arab and Islamic worlds do not want war, he stressed. They want to live in peace, stop the conflicts and save innocent lives.

In a statement, the OIC said Haniyeh’s assassination was a flagrant violation of international law and the UN Charter. It is a dangerous violation of Iran’s sovereignty, regional safety and national security.

It warned that the “ongoing Israeli crimes and illegal occupation undermine security and stability in the region and demand immediate and effective intervention from the Security Council given its responsibilities in maintaining international peace and security.”

It also warned of the accelerated pace of Israeli settlement expansion and the daily crimes and assaults committed by the Israeli army and settler militias against Palestinians in the West Bank.

It urged the Security Council to assume its responsibilities in imposing an immediate end to the Israeli hostilities against the Palestinian people and ensure the delivery of sufficient humanitarian aid throughout Gaza.

It stressed the need for respecting the legal and historic standing of the Islamic and Christian sanctities in Jerusalem.

Furthermore, it called on all countries to meet their responsibilities in line with international law to refrain from offering any form of aid or support to Israel that would help prolong the illegal occupation of Palestinian territories, encourage impunity and allow it to continue its blatant crimes and violations of international law and UN resolutions.



Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
TT

Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz inspected the readiness of the Grand Mosque and its facilities, conducting a field tour to review operational and service preparations for receiving worshippers and Umrah performers during the holy month of Ramadan, reported the Saudi Press Agency on Tuesday.

Prince Saud was briefed on the operational plans implemented by the relevant authorities, including crowd management mechanisms, service enhancements, and facility preparations aimed at ensuring smooth movement and enhancing comfort and safety levels for visitors to the Grand Mosque, particularly during peak times.

He reviewed developmental initiatives and smart services supporting the operational system, notably electric mobility carts for transporting the elderly, persons with disabilities, and those in need of assistance within the Grand Mosque.

The tour also included an overview of the efforts of guidance teams deployed across the corridors and courtyards of the Grand Mosque, providing multilingual assistance and direction.

Prince Saud reviewed the interactive map and digital mobility platform, which allows visitors to plan their routes in advance and identify service locations, entrances and exits, and less crowded pathways.

He was briefed on crowd management systems, including the visitor density sensor platform that measures human density in real time, and the Tawaf and Sa’i crowd status display service, which allows worshippers to select appropriate times to perform rituals with ease. Models of the modern multilingual guidance system were also reviewed.

Prince Saud also visited the Smart Engineering Command and Control Center, which serves as an advanced central platform linking operational systems and monitoring performance in real time, boosting operational efficiency and raising readiness levels during Ramadan.


Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, have provided two generous donations amounting to SAR150 million through the Jood Eskan platform.

The move aligns with the leadership's commitment to supporting all national efforts and initiatives to provide suitable housing for deserving families.

Minister of Municipalities and Housing and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Developmental Housing Foundation (Sakan) Majed Al-Hogail expressed his deep gratitude to the leadership for its unwavering support to all national efforts and initiatives aimed at providing suitable housing for eligible families across the Kingdom.

He noted the effective impact of previous generous donations in achieving the goals of housing development, and motivating individuals and institutions to donate through the Jood Eskan platform that is based on community giving that helps provide decent housing and boosts stability and quality of life for deserving families.


Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.