Kuwait Offers to Host Yemeni Peace Talks

Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah
Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah
TT

Kuwait Offers to Host Yemeni Peace Talks

Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah
Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah

Kuwait has reiterated its willingness to host the Yemeni parties for another round of peace talks to find a political solution to the crisis that has been dragging for the past five years.

Delivering Kuwait’s speech at the 74th UN General Assembly in New York, Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah said that the Yemeni talks should be held under the auspices of the UN in order to reach a final political solution based on the GCC initiative and its executive mechanism, the outcomes of the national dialogue and UN Security Council Resolution 2216.

He said this crisis is another reminder of how to deal with Security Council resolutions and the failure of the parties to the conflict to implement the outcomes of the peace talks, including the Stockholm deal reached late last year.

“Once again, Kuwait reaffirms that there is no military solution to this conflict and continues to back UN-led efforts to resume the political process in order to restore peace, security and stability in Yemen and preserve its territorial integrity,” Sheikh Jaber said in his speech.

Kuwait had hosted the Yemeni peace talks in April 2016 for three months. The talks broke down in August after negotiations failed to yield a deal between the warring parties.

Sheikh Jaber reiterated his country’s call on Iran to take serious confidence-building measures to initiate a dialogue that is based on respect for sovereignty of states and non-interference in their internal affairs, ease tension in the Gulf region, and maintain safety of navigation.

Meanwhile, Arab League chief Ahmed Aboul Gheit met on Thursday with the UN Secretary General’s envoy to Yemen, Martin Griffiths, for a briefing on his “ongoing efforts to reduce violence, revive the political process and support opportunities for peace in Yemen.”

The meeting was held on the sidelines of the General Assembly sessions.

A source at the League’s General Secretariat said the talks focused on the latest developments in Yemen and the efforts to revive the Stockholm Agreement.



Saudi Foreign Minister Receives Phone Call from Iraqi Counterpart

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah in Moscow on July 4, 2025. (Reuters)
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah in Moscow on July 4, 2025. (Reuters)
TT

Saudi Foreign Minister Receives Phone Call from Iraqi Counterpart

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah in Moscow on July 4, 2025. (Reuters)
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah in Moscow on July 4, 2025. (Reuters)

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received a phone call from Iraqi Minister of Foreign Affairs Dr. Fuad Hussein.

During the call, they discussed ways to strengthen bilateral relations and enhance consultation on regional issues, as well as topics of mutual interest.


Emir of Kuwait Holds Meeting with GCC Secretary-General

Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Secretary-General Jasem Albudaiwi
Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Secretary-General Jasem Albudaiwi
TT

Emir of Kuwait Holds Meeting with GCC Secretary-General

Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Secretary-General Jasem Albudaiwi
Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Secretary-General Jasem Albudaiwi

Emir of the State of Kuwait Sheikh Meshal Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah met with Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi on Tuesday at the Bayan Palace in Kuwait.

During the meeting, the Emir underscored the importance of continuing to support the GCC's journey and bolstering integration efforts among its member states to fulfill the aspirations of their peoples for greater security, stability, prosperity, and development.


Saudi Arabia Strongly Condemns Attacks on Iraq’s Kurdistan Region

Saudi Arabia affirmed its rejection of undermining Iraq's sovereignty and the security of its institutions (SPA)
Saudi Arabia affirmed its rejection of undermining Iraq's sovereignty and the security of its institutions (SPA)
TT

Saudi Arabia Strongly Condemns Attacks on Iraq’s Kurdistan Region

Saudi Arabia affirmed its rejection of undermining Iraq's sovereignty and the security of its institutions (SPA)
Saudi Arabia affirmed its rejection of undermining Iraq's sovereignty and the security of its institutions (SPA)

Saudi Arabia strongly condemned on Tuesday the attacks that targeted Kurdistan region in Iraq, including an attack on the office of its Prime Minister Masrour Barzani describing them as a violation of Iraq’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.

The Saudi Foreign Ministry stressed in a statement that the kingdom categorically rejects hostile operations targeting political figures and anything that could undermine the security of Iraqi state institutions or threaten the country's security and stability.

The ministry reiterated the kingdom’s firm opposition to all forms of interference in the internal affairs of states, violations of their sovereignty and breaches of the principles of good neighborliness and international law.

Barzani announced on Monday that two Iranian drones loaded with explosives targeted his private office on Erbil and the residence of the head of the Parastin Agency. Officials described the attack as a serious escalation violating Iraq’s sovereignty.