More than 62,000 Recover from Coronavirus in Saudi Arabia

A security woman checks the temperature of a woman at King Khalid International Airport, after Saudi Arabia reopened domestic flights, following the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia May 31, 2020. REUTERS/Ahmed Yosri
A security woman checks the temperature of a woman at King Khalid International Airport, after Saudi Arabia reopened domestic flights, following the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia May 31, 2020. REUTERS/Ahmed Yosri
TT
20

More than 62,000 Recover from Coronavirus in Saudi Arabia

A security woman checks the temperature of a woman at King Khalid International Airport, after Saudi Arabia reopened domestic flights, following the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia May 31, 2020. REUTERS/Ahmed Yosri
A security woman checks the temperature of a woman at King Khalid International Airport, after Saudi Arabia reopened domestic flights, following the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia May 31, 2020. REUTERS/Ahmed Yosri

Saudi Arabia has a total of 85,261 cases of the coronavirus after 1,877 more people tested positive in the past 24 hours, the Health Ministry said Sunday.

So far, 62,442 patients have recovered after 3,559 new recoveries.

The death toll from the outbreak rose by 23 in the Kingdom to reach 503.

Saudi Arabia’s mosques opened their doors to worshippers on Sunday for the first time in more than two months as the Kingdom eased restrictions imposed to combat the outbreak.

Abu Dhabi, the largest member of the United Arab Emirates federation, announced a one-week ban on traffic to and between its main cities, to be implemented from June 2, the local government media office said.

The restrictions, which aim to check the spread of the coronavirus, include a ban on entering and exiting the emirate of Abu Dhabi as a whole, it said on Twitter.

The other cities of Abu Dhabi mentioned by the announcement are Al-Ain and Al-Dhafra. Movement within these cities is allowed as long as a night curfew, already in force, is observed.

The UAE Health Ministry said Sunday two people died from complications caused by the COVID-19 disease, raising the overall death toll in the country to 264.

There were also 661 new cases, which brought the number of infections to 34,557.

In Qatar, there were also two more deaths, bringing the death toll in the country to 38.

Its Health Ministry said 1,648 new infections were detected, raising overall cases to 56,910.

Oman also confirmed two more deaths and 1,014 new infections.

The Sultanate’s Health Ministry said the deaths brought the toll to 47, while the total number of cases rose to 11,437.



UAE: US Companies Sanctioned Over Sudan Do Not Operate in the Emirates

The Emirati Justice Ministry logo
The Emirati Justice Ministry logo
TT
20

UAE: US Companies Sanctioned Over Sudan Do Not Operate in the Emirates

The Emirati Justice Ministry logo
The Emirati Justice Ministry logo

The Emirati Justice Ministry on Friday said that the seven companies based in the United Arab Emirates and sanctioned by the US over Sudan do not own valid business licenses or operate locally.

The US has designated seven entities based in the Emirates under its Sudan sanctions program.

These entities include Capital Tap Holding LLC, Capital Tap Management Consultancies LLC, Capital Tap General Trading LLC, Creative Python LLC, Al Zumoroud and Al Yaqoot Gold & Jewellers LLC, Al Jil Al Qadem General Trading LLC, and Horizon Advanced Solutions General Trading LLC.

“Upon notice of the sanctions designations, the UAE initiated its own investigation into the entities and related individuals, seeking additional information from US authorities to support these investigations,” the Ministry said in a statement

It also confirmed that none of the seven entities hold an active business license in the UAE, nor are they currently operating in the UAE.

Relevant UAE authorities continue to monitor any potential suspicious activity in accordance with applicable UAE laws, the Ministry added.