Dubai Cancels Non-Essential Surgery, Live Entertainment

FILE PHOTO: A general view of Business Bay area, after a curfew was imposed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, March 28, 2020. REUTERS/Satish Kumar/File Photo
FILE PHOTO: A general view of Business Bay area, after a curfew was imposed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, March 28, 2020. REUTERS/Satish Kumar/File Photo
TT
20

Dubai Cancels Non-Essential Surgery, Live Entertainment

FILE PHOTO: A general view of Business Bay area, after a curfew was imposed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, March 28, 2020. REUTERS/Satish Kumar/File Photo
FILE PHOTO: A general view of Business Bay area, after a curfew was imposed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, March 28, 2020. REUTERS/Satish Kumar/File Photo

Dubai has suspended non-essential surgery for a month and live entertainment in hotels and restaurants until further notice to fight the coronavirus pandemic.

Dubai's health regulator said in a circular published on its website on Wednesday that the decision, which takes effect on Thursday and could be extended, was aimed at ensuring the preparedness of health facilities to manage COVID-19 cases.

Similarly, Dubai's tourism department issued a circular suspending entertainment in hotels and restaurants.

“There is a stop to all events and entertainment in hotels and restaurants, and we are working to clarify any ambiguity as to what this means," said Khaled Fawaz al-Najjad, press office manager for the tourism department.

The state media office confirmed in a post on Twitter that entertainment permits had been suspended.

The UAE has lifted most coronavirus restrictions but mask-wearing in public and social distancing are still required.



Muslim World League Condemns Israeli Airstrikes on Syrian Territory

The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
TT
20

Muslim World League Condemns Israeli Airstrikes on Syrian Territory

The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
The Muslim World League (MWL) logo

The Muslim World League (MWL) strongly condemned the deadly Israeli airstrikes targeting several areas in Syria, the Saudi Press Agency reported on Friday.

In a statement, MWL Secretary-General and Chairman of the Organization of Muslim Scholars, Mohammed Al-Issa, condemned Israel’s brutal approach in violating international laws and destabilizing security and stability in Syria and the region.

He called on the international community to take immediate and firm action against these serious violations.

He also emphasized unwavering solidarity with Syria and its people against anything that threatens its security, stability, territorial sovereignty, and unity.