Saudi Arabia Urges Designation of Houthis as Terrorist

Saudi Ambassador to the United Nations, Dr. Abdulaziz al-Wasil, addresses the Security Council on Thursday. (UN)
Saudi Ambassador to the United Nations, Dr. Abdulaziz al-Wasil, addresses the Security Council on Thursday. (UN)
TT

Saudi Arabia Urges Designation of Houthis as Terrorist

Saudi Ambassador to the United Nations, Dr. Abdulaziz al-Wasil, addresses the Security Council on Thursday. (UN)
Saudi Ambassador to the United Nations, Dr. Abdulaziz al-Wasil, addresses the Security Council on Thursday. (UN)

Saudi Arabia called on Thursday for the designation of the Iran-backed Houthi militias in Yemen as terrorist.

The Kingdom’s Ambassador to the United Nations, Dr. Abdulaziz al-Wasil said the time has come for the designation and for the boycott of the militias and drying up of their sources of funding.

He stressed that Saudi Arabia continues to support international efforts to restore peace in Yemen, adding that it has the right to defend itself “should the Houthis again return to attacking it.”

“It will not spare an effort to deter such hostile acts against it,” he added during a briefing at the UN Security Council.

He remarked that the Houthis’ rejection of the proposal to extend the nationwide truce on October 2 “came as no surprise to those who were aware of the group that had put their extreme ideological interests at the forefront, taken the Yemeni people hostage, and exposed generations to the risks of armed conflict and war.”

Recalling that the Council last week, for the first time, attributed to the militias the clear responsibility for hindering an agreement to extend the truce, he called on them to cease operations and return to dialogue.

“Their rejection of the truce is one chapter to the many somber chapters that have taken place since 2014, when they attempted a coup against the legitimate government,” al-Wasil said, questioning why they rejected a ceasefire proposal and a resumption of flights.

He outlined other disruptive activities by the Houthis, including hampering the Safer oil tanker operations, which risks an unprecedented disaster in the Red Sea, the laying of mines, illegal weapons trafficking, and the takeover of humanitarian deliveries, as well as the targeting of the infrastructure of neighboring countries through drones.

“They are not peaceful and they do not care about the suffering of the Yemeni people,” al-Wasil stressed.

He welcomed United Nations Special Envoy Hans Grundberg’s efforts towards reaching a comprehensive political solution, but said the Houthis have already violated the truce and refused to put the oil revenue into a special account for civil servants’ salaries.

Furthermore, they had organized military parades in the Hodeidah province in flagrant violation of the Stockholm Agreement, besieged Taiz, and insisted on defying calls for peace and stability.

The international community and the Council should designate the Houthis as a terrorist group to dry up their funding sources. Saudi Arabia reiterates its right to defend itself from attacks on its Kingdom, the envoy said in closing.



Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.


Princes and Officials Take Oath Before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
TT

Princes and Officials Take Oath Before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)

Princes and officials appointed by royal orders to their new positions took the oath of office before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud in Riyadh on Tuesday.

They included Deputy Governor of Al-Baha Region Prince Fahd bin Saad bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz bin Turki; Member of the Shura Council Prince Dr. Saad bin Saud bin Mohammed bin Abdulaziz; Deputy Governor of Madinah Region Prince Saud bin Nahar bin Saud; Deputy Governor of Northern Borders Region Prince Mohammed bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz; and Minister of Investment Fahd Al-Saif.

They swore to be faithful to their religion, then their King and country, not to reveal any of the state’s secrets, to preserve its interests and regulations, and to perform their duties with honesty, trustworthiness, and sincerity.


Saudi Arabia Reiterates Its Categorical Rejection of Israel’s ‘State Land’ Decision in West Bank

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Arabia Reiterates Its Categorical Rejection of Israel’s ‘State Land’ Decision in West Bank

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)

The Saudi government condemned on Tuesday Israel’s decision to West Bank lands as "state lands."

Reiterating its absolute rejection of these illegal measures, the Cabinet warned that they undermine peace efforts and violate the Palestinian people's inherent right to establish an independent, sovereign state within the 1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital.

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chaired the Cabinet session that was held in Riyadh.

The Cabinet congratulated citizens and Muslims on the advent of the holy month of Ramadan, expressing gratitude for the Kingdom's honor in caring for the two holy mosques and their visitors.

The Cabinet highlighted the success of the Hajj and Umrah seasons, noting that the Kingdom welcomed 19.5 million international pilgrims and Umrah performers in 2025, setting new records that reflect rapid progress toward the goals of Vision 2030 and the Pilgrim Experience Program.

The Cabinet described the Kingdom's Founding Day celebration on February 22 as an expression of pride in the Saudi state's nearly three-century history, underscoring the foundations of justice, unity, and development established by leaders and citizens throughout history to ensure the nation remains a global leader in all fields.

The Cabinet was briefed on recent talks between Saudi Arabia and various nations, which focused on strengthening bilateral and multilateral cooperation and boosting coordination to foster regional and international security, stability, and prosperity.

The session further reviewed the Kingdom's economic, cultural, and social activities, stressing the state's commitment to social solidarity and giving. This includes continued support for the sixth National Campaign for Charitable Work, set to begin on Friday.

The Cabinet commended the success of the third World Defense Show held in Riyadh under the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques' patronage, during which strategic partnerships, agreements, and memoranda of understanding were signed to localize military technologies and strengthen local supply chains in alignment with Vision 2030 objectives.