Commander in Chief of the Egyptian Armed Forces and Minister of Defense and Military Production General Sidqi Subhi said that the Egyptian armed forces continue to cooperate with the police to eradicate terrorism and achieve victory.
“The Egyptian military was and still bears the meanings of struggle for the sake of the nation's rise and stability,” Subhi added, noting that “the Egyptian soldier who participated in the Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018 is an extension of October’s great generation, which achieved victory."
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, for his part, visited one of the air bases in Sinai last week and met with members of the armed forces and police, who are taking part in the comprehensive Sinai 2018 crackdown against terrorists in the area.
Sisi hailed the efforts in combating terror, saying they hold the key to achieving progress and prosperity for their country.
“We will return here soon to celebrate the victory” against the terrorists, he vowed.
A large-scale military operation was launched on February 9 in Sinai, with the participation of a variety of army and police forces against "terrorist elements."
At the end of November, Sisi ordered the army and police to "use all the force" to root out terrorism.
Subhi attended Saturday the ceremony to honor the participating forces in the Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018, whose term of service expires on April 1.
He praised the heroic role of these men and their commitment to serve in the armed forces despite the end of their recruitment period on March 1, presenting the finest examples of sacrifice and redemption.
He said that these heroes are role models for future generations.
Subhi also conveyed the greetings and appreciation of President Sisi to the soldiers and their families for their efforts in bringing up this generation of citizens, who know exactly what values and good principles are.