The United States embassy in Lebanon said that the State Department on Sunday ordered the departure of family members and non-emergency US government personnel from Lebanon, after Washington launched strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities.
"On June 22, 2025, the US Department of State ordered the departure of family members and non-emergency US government personnel from Lebanon due to the volatile and unpredictable security situation in the region," said a statement on the US embassy website.
Washington has a "do not travel" advisory in place for Lebanon.
The Israel-Iran war, which began on June 13 with Israeli attacks on Iran, has raised further alarms in a region that was already on edge since the start of Israel's war in Gaza in October 2023.
The US had last year ordered the departure of family members and non-essential staff during Israel's war in Lebanon that had dealt severe blows to Hezbollah, but that order was later lifted.