Israel's military said it was striking targets belonging to Hezbollah's Radwan force in eastern Lebanon’s Bekaa Valley on Tuesday, the latest attack despite a ceasefire between Israel and the group.
"Moments ago, Israeli Air Force fighter jets... began numerous strikes on Hezbollah terror targets in the area of Bekaa, Lebanon," it said in a statement. "The military compounds that were struck were used by the Hezbollah terrorist organization for training and exercising terrorists to plan and carry out terrorist attacks against (Israeli) troops and the State of Israel."
Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz said that ongoing Israeli military strikes in Lebanon were a clear message to Hezbollah, which he said was plotting to rebuild raid capabilities against Israel through its Radwan Force.
Since the US-brokered ceasefire went into effect in November, Hezbollah has almost ended all its military presence along the border with Israel, which is insisting that the group disarms all over Lebanon.
The Hezbollah-Israel war left over 4,000 people dead in Lebanon and caused destruction estimated at $11 billion. In Israel, 127 people, including 80 soldiers, were killed during the war.
Since the ceasefire, Israel has carried out hundreds of airstrikes on different parts of Lebanon, killing about 250 people and injuring over 600. Israel is also still holding five strategic posts inside Lebanon that it refused to withdraw from earlier this year.