Saudi Deputy Minister of Hajj to Asharq Al-Awsat: Number of Umrah Performers Has Noticeably Increased

Umrah performers are seen in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Umrah performers are seen in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Deputy Minister of Hajj to Asharq Al-Awsat: Number of Umrah Performers Has Noticeably Increased

Umrah performers are seen in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Umrah performers are seen in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)

Saudi Deputy Minister of Hajj and Umrah Dr. Abdul Fattah Mashat revealed on Monday that the Kingdom has witnessed a noticeable increase in the number of Umrah performers from abroad.

In remarks to Asharq Al-Awsat, he also underlined the increase in the capacity at the two Holy Mosques – the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah and the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah.

Umrah performers started flocking to the Kingdom a month and a half ago. Their numbers are expected to surpass previous seasons, especially after Saudi authorities worked tirelessly in facilitating travel to Umrah performers from across the globe.

Mashat told Asharq Al-Awsat that the greatest number of performers have arrived from Pakistan, Indonesia, India, Iraq, Yemen and Bangladesh.

He predicted that the figures will only increase, crediting the ease of obtaining visas and communicating with service providers to the Nusuk platform.

Nusuk allows applicants to submit their Umrah application directly through the platform.

Mashat described the platform as the most remarkable digital and technical transformation that services the visitors of the two Holy Mosques.

It now acts as a comprehensive platform through which the visitors can plan their Umrah, starting from their visa application. It offers them several services that ensure that the performers have a smooth journey. It features interactive maps and a guide to historic locations.

The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah is forging ahead in taking advantage of the digital transformation to serve the visitors, stressed Mashat.

Asked about the goal to attract 30 million Umrah performers, he said it can be achieved through a number of initiatives, such as extending the Umrah season, reducing visa processing times and facilitating arrival procedures.

He noted the Saudi Visa Bio app that allows travelers to upload their travel documents on to the platform before their arrival to the Kingdom. The app has so far been tested on visitors from Britain, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Tunisia and Kuwait.

Mashat stressed that the Saudi leadership is very keen on serving the Hajj and Umrah pilgrims. This has been demonstrated through the expansion of the Grand Mosque and holy sites, which were among the world’s grandest projects in terms of cost and area covered.

He highlighted the establishment of the Pilgrim Experience Program that includes all parties concerned with the organization of the Hajj and Umrah with the aim of hosting more visitors, providing high quality services and enriching their religious and cultural experience through visits to historic Islamic sites in Makkah and Madinah.

Moreover, Mashat highlighted the organization of the Umrah and how the new arrangements allowed the arrival of visitors through different visas, such as a family, personal or tourist visa, visa on arrival, and transit visa. Furthermore, the duration of the Umrah visa has been extended to 90 days and the condition for women to travel with a legal guardian (mahram) has been lifted.



Saudi Leadership Donates SAR70 Million to the National Campaign for Charitable Work

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Donates SAR70 Million to the National Campaign for Charitable Work

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, donated SAR70 million to the sixth edition of the National Campaign for Charitable Work, through the National Platform for Charitable Work (Ehsan), which was launched in Riyadh on Friday.

King Salman donated SAR40 million, while the Crown Prince donated SAR30 million. The donations are an extension of the generous and unlimited support provided by the wise leadership for charitable work in the Kingdom.

Ehsan Supervisory Committee Chairman Dr. Majid Al-Kassabi expressed his gratitude to King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed for their generous donations.

The Ehsan platform continues to receive donations throughout the holy month of Ramadan from individuals and organizations through its website, mobile application, dedicated telephone number, and designated bank account.


Saudi FM Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from Russian Counterpart 

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov. (Saudi Foreign Ministry)
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov. (Saudi Foreign Ministry)
TT

Saudi FM Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from Russian Counterpart 

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov. (Saudi Foreign Ministry)
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov. (Saudi Foreign Ministry)

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov congratulated each other on Thursday on the centenary of diplomatic relations between their countries.

Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Waleed Elkhereiji received, on behalf of the foreign minister, a letter from Lavrov during a meeting with Russian Ambassador to the Kingdom Sergey Kozlov in Riyadh.

The diplomats exchanged congratulations on the centenary of diplomatic relations and discussed several issues of common interest.


Saudi Defense Minister Decorates Former CENTCOM Commander with King Abdulaziz Medal 

Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla during the ceremony in Riyadh on Thursday. (SPA)
Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla during the ceremony in Riyadh on Thursday. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Defense Minister Decorates Former CENTCOM Commander with King Abdulaziz Medal 

Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla during the ceremony in Riyadh on Thursday. (SPA)
Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla during the ceremony in Riyadh on Thursday. (SPA)

Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz bestowed on Thursday the King Abdulaziz Medal of Excellent Class upon former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla.

The medal was awarded at the directives of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.

The ceremony took place at the defense minister's office in Riyadh.