Saudi Arabia Says over a Million Hajj Pilgrims Have Arrived in the Kingdom

The Hajj will begin next week. (SPA)
The Hajj will begin next week. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Arabia Says over a Million Hajj Pilgrims Have Arrived in the Kingdom

The Hajj will begin next week. (SPA)
The Hajj will begin next week. (SPA)

Saudi Arabia’s General Directorate of Passports announced on Monday that over a million pilgrims have arrived in the Kingdom to perform this year’s Hajj, which begins next week.

As of Sunday, the figure stood at 1,003,447 pilgrims.

The directorate stressed its full commitment to facilitating the entry process for pilgrims by equipping all international ports with advanced technologies, operated by highly trained, multilingual personnel.

Meanwhile, Media Minister Salman al-Dossari stressed that the Kingdom will not allow any violations to impact the Hajj.

No illegal pilgrim will be allowed to affect the security and peace of mind of other pilgrims, he told Asharq Al-Awsat during a press conference in Riyadh with other ministers about the Kingdom’s preparations to hold the Hajj.

Minister of Hajj and Umrah Dr. Tawfiq Al-Rabiah said that under the leadership of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, the Kingdom is honored to serve the Hajj pilgrims.

He stated that preparations for this year’s pilgrimage started as soon as last year’s ended. The early preparations were carried out by the Hajj Projects Office that was established and is managed by the Guests of the Holy Mosques Program, one of the programs of the Kingdom’s Vision 2030.

The program is in turn overseen by the Supreme Hajj Committee, he added. Over 609 plans, covering 5,208 tasks, have so far been coordinated and managed.

The pilgrims are arriving in the Kingdom amid an integrated system of services. Ninety-four percent of the arrivals have flown in by air, while the rest came by land and sea, Al-Rabiah.

He expressed his gratitude to the Ministry of Interior for its strenuous efforts in combating illegal Hajj campaigns. He also hailed the efforts of several countries in cracking down on such campaigns.

On the digital transformation in Hajj services, he stressed that it has led to a qualitative shift and has helped facilitate several procedures.

He gave the example of the Nusuk card that serves as an identification card for pilgrims. It holds security and health information and has helped greatly in ensuring the safety of pilgrims.

So far, 1.4 million cards have been issued to the pilgrims and workers involved in the Hajj, he revealed.

The Nusuk app has been downloaded by 20 million Muslims around the world and it offers over 30 services, he went on to say.

Moreover, Al-Rabiah stressed that preparations are ongoing to receive the pilgrims at the holy sites. He said his ministry is carrying out field visits to ensure that rituals are being held smoothly.

Over 37,000 inspection tours have been held during the month of Dhul-Qidah.

“We noted 3,400 cases where services can be improved and they have been addressed,” he remarked, underlining the authorities’ commitment to ensuring that the pilgrims only receive the best services.

Speaking at the same press conference, Health Minister Fahad Al-Jalajel confirmed that no illnesses or diseases have been reported among the pilgrims.

The situation is “reassuring,” he said.

Three major hospitals will be dedicated to the pilgrims this year and 900 ambulances will be made available, as well as over 7,500 medics.

Meanwhile, Minister of Transport and Logistic Services Saleh al-Jassar said the process of transporting the pilgrims to the holy sites is taking place smoothly, and trips are arriving on schedule.

He highlighted the Al-Mashaaer Al-Mugaddassah Metro Line that operates only five days a year. Each train can carry 3,000 pilgrims at a time and 72,000 travelers per hour.

Tens of thousands of workers in the transport sector have been dedicated to ensuring the smooth travel of the pilgrims, he said.



Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
TT

Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz inspected the readiness of the Grand Mosque and its facilities, conducting a field tour to review operational and service preparations for receiving worshippers and Umrah performers during the holy month of Ramadan, reported the Saudi Press Agency on Tuesday.

Prince Saud was briefed on the operational plans implemented by the relevant authorities, including crowd management mechanisms, service enhancements, and facility preparations aimed at ensuring smooth movement and enhancing comfort and safety levels for visitors to the Grand Mosque, particularly during peak times.

He reviewed developmental initiatives and smart services supporting the operational system, notably electric mobility carts for transporting the elderly, persons with disabilities, and those in need of assistance within the Grand Mosque.

The tour also included an overview of the efforts of guidance teams deployed across the corridors and courtyards of the Grand Mosque, providing multilingual assistance and direction.

Prince Saud reviewed the interactive map and digital mobility platform, which allows visitors to plan their routes in advance and identify service locations, entrances and exits, and less crowded pathways.

He was briefed on crowd management systems, including the visitor density sensor platform that measures human density in real time, and the Tawaf and Sa’i crowd status display service, which allows worshippers to select appropriate times to perform rituals with ease. Models of the modern multilingual guidance system were also reviewed.

Prince Saud also visited the Smart Engineering Command and Control Center, which serves as an advanced central platform linking operational systems and monitoring performance in real time, boosting operational efficiency and raising readiness levels during Ramadan.


Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, have provided two generous donations amounting to SAR150 million through the Jood Eskan platform.

The move aligns with the leadership's commitment to supporting all national efforts and initiatives to provide suitable housing for deserving families.

Minister of Municipalities and Housing and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Developmental Housing Foundation (Sakan) Majed Al-Hogail expressed his deep gratitude to the leadership for its unwavering support to all national efforts and initiatives aimed at providing suitable housing for eligible families across the Kingdom.

He noted the effective impact of previous generous donations in achieving the goals of housing development, and motivating individuals and institutions to donate through the Jood Eskan platform that is based on community giving that helps provide decent housing and boosts stability and quality of life for deserving families.


Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.