Arab, Islamic Leaders Call for Holding Israel Accountable for its Crimes

A handout photo made available by the Turkish Presidential Press Office shows leaders attending the opening of the emergency Arab-Islamic summit to discuss the Israeli attack on Qatar in Doha, Qatar, 15 September 2025. (EPA/ Turkish Presidential Press Office Handout)
A handout photo made available by the Turkish Presidential Press Office shows leaders attending the opening of the emergency Arab-Islamic summit to discuss the Israeli attack on Qatar in Doha, Qatar, 15 September 2025. (EPA/ Turkish Presidential Press Office Handout)
TT

Arab, Islamic Leaders Call for Holding Israel Accountable for its Crimes

A handout photo made available by the Turkish Presidential Press Office shows leaders attending the opening of the emergency Arab-Islamic summit to discuss the Israeli attack on Qatar in Doha, Qatar, 15 September 2025. (EPA/ Turkish Presidential Press Office Handout)
A handout photo made available by the Turkish Presidential Press Office shows leaders attending the opening of the emergency Arab-Islamic summit to discuss the Israeli attack on Qatar in Doha, Qatar, 15 September 2025. (EPA/ Turkish Presidential Press Office Handout)

The emergency Arab-Islamic summit kicked off in Doha on Monday in wake of Israel’s attack on the Qatar capital last week where it targeted Hamas leaders.

Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani opened the summit, slamming Israeli government and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and accusing them of rejecting peace with the region and wanting to impose its will on it.

Jordan’s King Abdullah II stressed the need for the summit to come up with urgent practical resolutions that would end this danger and the war on Gaza and prevent the displacement of the Palestinian people.

He expressed Jordan’s “absolute” support for Qatar, saying its security was indivisible to the kingdom’s.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi said: “Israel’s ever-growing arrogance demands work that reflects our common vision. Now is the time to seriously deal with and resolve the Palestinian cause.”

He reiterated Egypt’s rejection of any proposals that would lead to the displacement of Palestinians from their land.

He strongly condemned the Israeli attack on Doha, saying Israel’s brazenness will only inflame the conflict and destabilize the region.

“It is time for Israel to realize that its security and sovereignty will not be achieved by force, but through respecting laws and the sovereignty of others,” he declared.

Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian said Israel is carrying out its attacks under the pretext of self-defense.

“The double standards of international law have allowed it to continue its aggression,” he noted, accusing Israel of ethnic cleansing.

“Arab and Islamic countries must stand united against Israel,” he demanded.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan urged intensified diplomatic efforts to hold Israel to account and put its officials on trial.

He warned that Israel’s growing aggression is a threat to the entire region and that even the Israeli government’s closest allies have spoken out against its extremism.

Moreover, he said Israel’s expansionist policy and aggression can only be stopped through “strong deterrence,” calling on Arab and Islamic countries to bolster their military defense industries.

Iraqi Prime Minister Mohammed Shia al-Sudani said the attack on Qatar sends a negative message that deliberately kills opportunities to achieve peaceful solutions.

“The security and stability of any Arab or Islamic country is indivisible from our collective security,” he declared.

He proposed the drafting of a comprehensive roadmap for a ceasefire in Gaza and the formation of a joint Arab-Islamic committee that can deliver their message to the Security Council and other international bodies.

Secretary-General of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Hissein Brahim Taha demanded that the United Nations Security Council hold Israel accountable for its crimes.

The summit is an opportunity to take a “united and firm stance against the heinous Israeli attack,” he added.

Arab League Secretary-General Ahmed Aboul Gheit said that “silence over criminality is the real crime.”

“Silence over the violation of the law undermines the entire global system,” he warned, saying this silence had led to the “crimes and barbarism in Gaza over the past two years.”

Israeli leaders now believed that they can do whatever they want with impunity, he lamented.

“It is a duty of every Arab and Muslim to rise up against this cowardly and lowly act,” he added, referring to the attack on Doha.

“We are sending a message to the international community: Enough silence over the practices of his state that has inflamed the region,” he said.

Moreover, he stated that the Israeli attack on Qatar has crossed all red lines and all humanitarian principles. “There is nothing noble or honorable about attacking a negotiator state.”



Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
TT

Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz inspected the readiness of the Grand Mosque and its facilities, conducting a field tour to review operational and service preparations for receiving worshippers and Umrah performers during the holy month of Ramadan, reported the Saudi Press Agency on Tuesday.

Prince Saud was briefed on the operational plans implemented by the relevant authorities, including crowd management mechanisms, service enhancements, and facility preparations aimed at ensuring smooth movement and enhancing comfort and safety levels for visitors to the Grand Mosque, particularly during peak times.

He reviewed developmental initiatives and smart services supporting the operational system, notably electric mobility carts for transporting the elderly, persons with disabilities, and those in need of assistance within the Grand Mosque.

The tour also included an overview of the efforts of guidance teams deployed across the corridors and courtyards of the Grand Mosque, providing multilingual assistance and direction.

Prince Saud reviewed the interactive map and digital mobility platform, which allows visitors to plan their routes in advance and identify service locations, entrances and exits, and less crowded pathways.

He was briefed on crowd management systems, including the visitor density sensor platform that measures human density in real time, and the Tawaf and Sa’i crowd status display service, which allows worshippers to select appropriate times to perform rituals with ease. Models of the modern multilingual guidance system were also reviewed.

Prince Saud also visited the Smart Engineering Command and Control Center, which serves as an advanced central platform linking operational systems and monitoring performance in real time, boosting operational efficiency and raising readiness levels during Ramadan.


Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, have provided two generous donations amounting to SAR150 million through the Jood Eskan platform.

The move aligns with the leadership's commitment to supporting all national efforts and initiatives to provide suitable housing for deserving families.

Minister of Municipalities and Housing and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Developmental Housing Foundation (Sakan) Majed Al-Hogail expressed his deep gratitude to the leadership for its unwavering support to all national efforts and initiatives aimed at providing suitable housing for eligible families across the Kingdom.

He noted the effective impact of previous generous donations in achieving the goals of housing development, and motivating individuals and institutions to donate through the Jood Eskan platform that is based on community giving that helps provide decent housing and boosts stability and quality of life for deserving families.


Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.