GCC Leaders Call Defense Meeting in Doha After Israeli Strike

Gulf leaders meet in Doha for an emergency meeting of the GCC Supreme Council. (SPA)
Gulf leaders meet in Doha for an emergency meeting of the GCC Supreme Council. (SPA)
TT

GCC Leaders Call Defense Meeting in Doha After Israeli Strike

Gulf leaders meet in Doha for an emergency meeting of the GCC Supreme Council. (SPA)
Gulf leaders meet in Doha for an emergency meeting of the GCC Supreme Council. (SPA)

Gulf Coordination Council (GCC) Supreme Council said on Monday that the GCC’s joint defense body will meet in Doha following Israel's attack on Hamas leaders in the Qatari capital last week.

In a statement, the GCC leaders called for measures to activate the bloc's “joint defense mechanism.” They held an emergency meeting in Doha to address the Israeli attack.

The statement slammed the attack as a “flagrant assault on the efforts of the international community aimed at achieving a ceasefire and the release of hostages and detainees.”

“This act of aggression represents a dangerous and unacceptable escalation, and a grave breach of the principles of international law and the Charter of the United Nations,” it added, stressing the GCC states’ solidarity with Qatar in all measures it takes to confront the attack.

“The security of the GCC states is indivisible,” it stressed, saying that “any attack on one of them is an attack on all, in accordance with the Basic Statute of the GCC and the Joint Defense Agreement.”

The statement underlined the “readiness of the member states to harness all capabilities to support Qatar and protect its security, stability, and sovereignty against any threats.”

Proceeding from the principle emphasized by the Basic Statute of the GCC, “the leaders have directed the GCC Joint Defense Council to hold an urgent meeting in Doha, to be preceded by a meeting of the Higher Military Committee.”

“The purpose is to assess the defense posture of the member states and the sources of threat in light of the Israeli attack and direct the Unified Military Command to take the necessary executive measures to activate joint defense mechanisms and Gulf deterrence capabilities,” said the statement.

The Israeli attack “is a direct threat to joint Gulf security and to regional peace and stability,” warned the statement.

“The continuation of these aggressive policies undermines efforts to achieve peace and the future of existing understandings and agreements with Israel,” it went on to say.

Moreover, it added that “Israel's persistence in its criminal practices and its flagrant disregard for all international norms, laws and the Charter of the United Nations, will lead to serious repercussions that threaten regional and international peace and security.”

The Supreme Council called on the Security Council, the international community, and influential nations to assume their full responsibilities and take “firm and deterrent measures to stop these violations,” which are a “dangerous precedent that should not be overlooked or allowed to pass without deterrent international sanctions.”

The Supreme Council stressed “the need for the international community to fulfill its moral and legal responsibilities and to act urgently to deter Israel and put an end to its repeated violations of international law and international humanitarian law,” continued the statement.

Furthermore, it said the attack “obstructs the tireless efforts by Qatar and its role in mediating a ceasefire in Gaza.”

It underlined that the repeated Israeli attacks against several countries in the region are “a serious obstacle to international and regional efforts aimed at establishing security, peace and stability.”

“The Supreme Council called on the peace-loving nations of the world to condemn the brutal Israeli aggression against Qatar and its attempts to obstruct international efforts and diplomatic solutions aimed at stopping Israel’s attacks and the crimes of genocide in Gaza,” it said.



Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
TT

Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz inspected the readiness of the Grand Mosque and its facilities, conducting a field tour to review operational and service preparations for receiving worshippers and Umrah performers during the holy month of Ramadan, reported the Saudi Press Agency on Tuesday.

Prince Saud was briefed on the operational plans implemented by the relevant authorities, including crowd management mechanisms, service enhancements, and facility preparations aimed at ensuring smooth movement and enhancing comfort and safety levels for visitors to the Grand Mosque, particularly during peak times.

He reviewed developmental initiatives and smart services supporting the operational system, notably electric mobility carts for transporting the elderly, persons with disabilities, and those in need of assistance within the Grand Mosque.

The tour also included an overview of the efforts of guidance teams deployed across the corridors and courtyards of the Grand Mosque, providing multilingual assistance and direction.

Prince Saud reviewed the interactive map and digital mobility platform, which allows visitors to plan their routes in advance and identify service locations, entrances and exits, and less crowded pathways.

He was briefed on crowd management systems, including the visitor density sensor platform that measures human density in real time, and the Tawaf and Sa’i crowd status display service, which allows worshippers to select appropriate times to perform rituals with ease. Models of the modern multilingual guidance system were also reviewed.

Prince Saud also visited the Smart Engineering Command and Control Center, which serves as an advanced central platform linking operational systems and monitoring performance in real time, boosting operational efficiency and raising readiness levels during Ramadan.


Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, have provided two generous donations amounting to SAR150 million through the Jood Eskan platform.

The move aligns with the leadership's commitment to supporting all national efforts and initiatives to provide suitable housing for deserving families.

Minister of Municipalities and Housing and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Developmental Housing Foundation (Sakan) Majed Al-Hogail expressed his deep gratitude to the leadership for its unwavering support to all national efforts and initiatives aimed at providing suitable housing for eligible families across the Kingdom.

He noted the effective impact of previous generous donations in achieving the goals of housing development, and motivating individuals and institutions to donate through the Jood Eskan platform that is based on community giving that helps provide decent housing and boosts stability and quality of life for deserving families.


Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.