Algeria Condemns Drone Attack on Saudi Arabia

File photo of the Saudi flag/AAWSAT
File photo of the Saudi flag/AAWSAT
TT

Algeria Condemns Drone Attack on Saudi Arabia

File photo of the Saudi flag/AAWSAT
File photo of the Saudi flag/AAWSAT

Algeria expressed its strong condemnation of the drone attack targeting Saudi Arabia, affirming its full solidarity with the Kingdom in confronting anything that threatens its security and stability, the Saudi Press Agency reported Tuesday.

The Algerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, National Community Abroad, and African Affairs described the attack as a blatant threat to the Kingdom’s security and stability, and a flagrant violation of its sovereignty and international law.

Algeria also reiterated its full solidarity with Saudi Arabia and its support for all measures taken by the Kingdom to safeguard its security and preserve its stability.



Bahrain Suspends Entry of Foreign Travelers Arriving from Three Countries Amid Ebola Fears

A view of Bahrain's capital Manama. (Getty Images file)
A view of Bahrain's capital Manama. (Getty Images file)
TT

Bahrain Suspends Entry of Foreign Travelers Arriving from Three Countries Amid Ebola Fears

A view of Bahrain's capital Manama. (Getty Images file)
A view of Bahrain's capital Manama. (Getty Images file)

Bahrain said on Tuesday it was suspending the entry of foreign travelers arriving from South Sudan, ‌the Democratic ‌Republic of ‌Congo ⁠and Uganda due ⁠to the Ebola virus outbreak.

The suspension will be effective for ⁠30 days ‌starting Tuesday, ‌according to ‌the country's ‌state news agency.

The World Health Organization expressed deep ‌concern on Tuesday at the speed ⁠and ⁠scale of the Ebola outbreak, as the number of cases rises.


UAE Says Drones Targeting Nuclear Plant Came from Iraq

The United Arab Emirates flag flutters against the backdrop of the Abu Dhabi Skyline following a reported Iranian strike, March 1, 2026. (AFP)
The United Arab Emirates flag flutters against the backdrop of the Abu Dhabi Skyline following a reported Iranian strike, March 1, 2026. (AFP)
TT

UAE Says Drones Targeting Nuclear Plant Came from Iraq

The United Arab Emirates flag flutters against the backdrop of the Abu Dhabi Skyline following a reported Iranian strike, March 1, 2026. (AFP)
The United Arab Emirates flag flutters against the backdrop of the Abu Dhabi Skyline following a reported Iranian strike, March 1, 2026. (AFP)

The United Arab Emirates on Tuesday said drones that targeted its nuclear plant last week came from Iraq, from where Iranian-backed groups have launched several attacks since the Middle East war began.

On Sunday, an unclaimed drone struck an electrical generator near the Arab world's only nuclear power plant in Barakah in the emirate of Abu Dhabi, triggering a fire but causing no injuries or radiation leak. Two other drones had been intercepted.

"As part of the ongoing investigation into the blatant attack on the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant on May 17, 2026, technical tracking and monitoring confirmed that the three drones... all originated from Iraqi territory," the Emirati defense ministry said.

Authorities intercepted six drones that also came from Iraq and "attempted to target civilian and vital areas" in the past 48 hours, the ministry added.

Iraqi authorities had already condemned the attack on Barakah before Abu Dhabi announced where the drones came from.

Iran has attacked the UAE and other Gulf nations since the US and Israel launched strikes on the country on February 28, targeting US assets but also energy and civilian infrastructure.

Iran-backed groups in Iraq have not claimed any strikes since the truce came into place, though Gulf countries have reported attacks from Iraq.

On Sunday, Saudi Arabia had reported intercepting drones that came from Iraq, while Baghdad said its defense systems had not detected any drones launched from its territory toward the Kingdom.


Saudi Govt: Kingdom Won’t Hesitate to Take Measures to Protect its Security

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Jeddah. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Jeddah. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Govt: Kingdom Won’t Hesitate to Take Measures to Protect its Security

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Jeddah. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Jeddah. (SPA)

The Saudi government reiterated on Tuesday that the Kingdom will never hesitate in taking all measures to protect its security and stability and safety of its citizens and residents.

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chaired the Cabinet session that was held in Jeddah.

The Cabinet praised the advanced capabilities of the armed forces in defending the homeland and safeguarding its assets and resources.

The Cabinet was briefed on the two telephone calls of Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, with President of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, during which they discussed areas of cooperation and regional and international developments, as well as efforts aimed at strengthening security and stability in the region.

The Cabinet expressed its support for the outcomes of the emergency meeting of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) interior ministers held in Riyadh, which stressed that Gulf security is indivisible, underlining the importance of strengthening coordination to address current challenges and developments in the region.

It reviewed the progress of preparations for this year’s Hajj and the achievements of the Pilgrim Experience Program. This includes ongoing coordination and integration among government entities, as well as efforts to boost services provided to pilgrims through the deployment of human, technological, and organizational resources across Makkah, Madinah, and the holy sites. These efforts have strengthened the greater operational readiness, ensuring the highest levels of comfort and care for pilgrims arriving from within the Kingdom and abroad.

The Cabinet commended the efforts of the Ministry of Interior and other government agencies, along with the follow-up of the Supreme Hajj Committee, in facilitating the arrival of pilgrims to the Grand Mosque from their countries through the continued implementation of the Makkah Route Initiative.

In its eighth consecutive year, the initiative has benefited more than 1.2 million pilgrims to date and has expanded to 10 countries and 17 international entry points, reflecting the Kingdom’s commitment to enhancing the quality of services provided to pilgrims.

Moreover, the Cabinet highlighted the establishment of the Saudi-Spanish Strategic Partnership Council, saying it is an important step toward elevating bilateral relations and expanding cooperation in promising economic and investment sectors.