Iranian Missile Strikes Target Bahrain, Kuwait and Jordan

Bahrain's capital, Manama (file photo)
Bahrain's capital, Manama (file photo)
TT

Iranian Missile Strikes Target Bahrain, Kuwait and Jordan

Bahrain's capital, Manama (file photo)
Bahrain's capital, Manama (file photo)

Iran's Revolutionary Guards on Monday claimed strikes against Jordan, Bahrain and Kuwait, saying they targeted US military facilities.

Iran's official IRNA news agency, citing a series of statements by the Revolutionary Guards, said Iran had launched attacks targeting Prince Hassan Air Base in Jordan, a US drone command center in Bahrain and other air bases, including Ali Al Salem Air Base in Kuwait.

Bahrain's Interior Ministry said on X that warning sirens had been activated, urging citizens and residents to remain calm, head to the nearest safe location and follow updates through official channels.

Kuwait's military also said its armed forces had intercepted hostile aerial targets within Kuwaiti airspace.

The military's General Staff said in a post on X, any explosions heard were the result of air defense systems intercepting hostile attacks and urged the public to follow safety instructions issued by the relevant authorities.

The Jordanian army said in a statement that its air defenses successfully intercepted four missiles launched from Iran, with no casualties or property damage reported.

The statement cited a military source as saying that the air defense systems intercepted and destroyed four missiles that entered Jordanian airspace from Iranian territory early on Monday, adding that the incident caused no injuries or material damage.



GCC Secretary-General Meets with Ambassador of Korea to Saudi Arabia

Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Secretary-General Jasem Albudaiwi
Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Secretary-General Jasem Albudaiwi
TT

GCC Secretary-General Meets with Ambassador of Korea to Saudi Arabia

Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Secretary-General Jasem Albudaiwi
Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Secretary-General Jasem Albudaiwi

Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi met in Riyadh on Sunday with Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Kang Shin-chul.

During the meeting, the two sides discussed several topics of common interest, most notably GCC-Korean ties and the latest developments on the signing of the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the GCC and the Republic of Korea, SPA reported.

They also exchanged views on developments in the region and international and regional efforts aimed at enhancing security and stability.


Senior Officials, Business Leaders to Attend French-Saudi Roundtable on Monday

Saudi Crown Prince during a previous meeting with the French president at the Élysée Palace in Paris (SPA).
Saudi Crown Prince during a previous meeting with the French president at the Élysée Palace in Paris (SPA).
TT

Senior Officials, Business Leaders to Attend French-Saudi Roundtable on Monday

Saudi Crown Prince during a previous meeting with the French president at the Élysée Palace in Paris (SPA).
Saudi Crown Prince during a previous meeting with the French president at the Élysée Palace in Paris (SPA).

As part of the official visit of Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, to France, Paris will host the French-Saudi Investment Roundtable Meeting on Monday.

Organized by the Ministry of Investment, the roundtable will bring together senior government officials, business leaders, and CEOs of major companies from both countries.

The roundtable will feature strategic discussions among business leaders on industrial partnerships, transportation and logistics, artificial intelligence, and digital infrastructure. Several agreements and memoranda of understanding covering a range of sectors are also expected to be signed.

The meeting builds on the growing economic and investment ties between Saudi Arabia and France.

It supports joint efforts to expand cooperation, strengthen partnerships between the two countries’ business communities, and translate promising opportunities into high-quality investments and projects that advance their shared interests.


Saudi Arabia Condemns Terrorist Attack on Syria Internal Security Bus

This handout picture released by the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) shows a badly damaged bus at the side of a road following a blast in the countryside near the capital Damascus on August 22, 2026. (Photo by SANA / AFP)
This handout picture released by the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) shows a badly damaged bus at the side of a road following a blast in the countryside near the capital Damascus on August 22, 2026. (Photo by SANA / AFP)
TT

Saudi Arabia Condemns Terrorist Attack on Syria Internal Security Bus

This handout picture released by the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) shows a badly damaged bus at the side of a road following a blast in the countryside near the capital Damascus on August 22, 2026. (Photo by SANA / AFP)
This handout picture released by the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) shows a badly damaged bus at the side of a road following a blast in the countryside near the capital Damascus on August 22, 2026. (Photo by SANA / AFP)

The Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs has condemned the terrorist attack targeting a bus belonging to the Internal Security Command (ISC) in Rif Dimashq Governorate, Syria, which injured a number of ISC personnel.

In a statement issued Saturday, the ministry affirmed Saudi Arabia's solidarity with and full support for all measures taken by the Syrian government to combat all forms of extremism and terrorism.

It also wished Syria and its people lasting security and peace, and a swift recovery for the injured.