After more than three weeks in coma, the last member of a family who was left unconscious after suffering food poisoning woke up.
Shibu Kochummen, his wife Subi Babu, and his 62-year-old mother Alekutty Daniel, were left in a coma at their Waikato home in Putaruru on November 10 after eating meat of a wild ill boar, the German news agency reported.
Kochummen killed the pig during a hunting trip with his friends on the same day, the local news website Stuff reported.
Kochummen and Daniel recovered earlier this week, but the wife, Babu, 32, woke up on Saturday, according to the New Zealand Herald.
A family friend told The Herald that although Babu's voice was still exhausted, she was able to communicate.