SBC President Says New Channel to Attract Young Saudi Talent

SBC President Dawood Al-Shoryan, Asharq Al-Awsat
SBC President Dawood Al-Shoryan, Asharq Al-Awsat
TT

SBC President Says New Channel to Attract Young Saudi Talent

SBC President Dawood Al-Shoryan, Asharq Al-Awsat
SBC President Dawood Al-Shoryan, Asharq Al-Awsat

The Saudi Broadcasting Corporation “SBC” channel aired the first episode of a special Ramadan production on Friday, with its founders confirming that the new broadcaster would have an official full-time launch in September.

“Saudi Arabia is full of talented young men and women,” the Saudi minister of culture and information stressed in a promotional video for the launch of the channel.

“We need to work together to reshape and structure the Saudi media.”

“Today there is a political decision…we want to move from this stage to a stage matching the Kingdom's potential to emerge as a media leader in the Middle East,” said Saudi Culture and Information Minister Dr. Awad Al-Awwad.

“There is no doubt that things were very different after the launch of the Kingdom Vision 2030 led by the Crown Prince,” Awwad added.

For his part, SBC President Dawood Al-Shoryan told Asharq Al-Awsat that the channel so far reached 40% of its target broadcasting material. The channel’s objective is to reach out to the largest base of Saudi viewers possible.

It is worth mentioning that SBC launched as a part of the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s national transformation vision, Kingdom Vision 2030.

“Many young Saudis who have experience and talent will be attracted,” explained Shoryan on the future of Saudi media.

“There will be training with Arab and international stations to develop technical skills and create an enjoyable work environment,” he added.

Under Crown Prince Mohamed Bin Salman, Saudi Arabia has achieved great feats on its path towards modernization and openness.

SBC will be open to privatization in Saudi Arabia, Shoryan implied.

Most importantly, the channel has registered remarkable income from ads. Comparing it to other channels which have been broadcasting for years now, Shoryan says SBC’s cut on ad slots is larger than most networks.

“The beginning of a very promising advertising income,” he said.

“Advertisement booking is very large for a channel has just launched, there are channels over the past years which have not able to secure the income that SBC made in its debut.”

Six Saudi and Arab productions from different genres led SBC’s Ramadan launch. Sponsors strongly believe that the channel will constitute a qualitative shift for Saudi TV, which reinforces authentic Saudi television but with a modern twist.

“We have launched SBC’s online website ‘shasht.com’ (Arabic for screen), offering content upon demand,” confirmed Shoryan.

The website will also provide all aired material as well as free online live broadcasting.

“Shows will be uploaded and available for free before the end of any transmission,” said Shoryan.



Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
TT

Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz inspected the readiness of the Grand Mosque and its facilities, conducting a field tour to review operational and service preparations for receiving worshippers and Umrah performers during the holy month of Ramadan, reported the Saudi Press Agency on Tuesday.

Prince Saud was briefed on the operational plans implemented by the relevant authorities, including crowd management mechanisms, service enhancements, and facility preparations aimed at ensuring smooth movement and enhancing comfort and safety levels for visitors to the Grand Mosque, particularly during peak times.

He reviewed developmental initiatives and smart services supporting the operational system, notably electric mobility carts for transporting the elderly, persons with disabilities, and those in need of assistance within the Grand Mosque.

The tour also included an overview of the efforts of guidance teams deployed across the corridors and courtyards of the Grand Mosque, providing multilingual assistance and direction.

Prince Saud reviewed the interactive map and digital mobility platform, which allows visitors to plan their routes in advance and identify service locations, entrances and exits, and less crowded pathways.

He was briefed on crowd management systems, including the visitor density sensor platform that measures human density in real time, and the Tawaf and Sa’i crowd status display service, which allows worshippers to select appropriate times to perform rituals with ease. Models of the modern multilingual guidance system were also reviewed.

Prince Saud also visited the Smart Engineering Command and Control Center, which serves as an advanced central platform linking operational systems and monitoring performance in real time, boosting operational efficiency and raising readiness levels during Ramadan.


Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, have provided two generous donations amounting to SAR150 million through the Jood Eskan platform.

The move aligns with the leadership's commitment to supporting all national efforts and initiatives to provide suitable housing for deserving families.

Minister of Municipalities and Housing and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Developmental Housing Foundation (Sakan) Majed Al-Hogail expressed his deep gratitude to the leadership for its unwavering support to all national efforts and initiatives aimed at providing suitable housing for eligible families across the Kingdom.

He noted the effective impact of previous generous donations in achieving the goals of housing development, and motivating individuals and institutions to donate through the Jood Eskan platform that is based on community giving that helps provide decent housing and boosts stability and quality of life for deserving families.


Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.