Emir of Kuwait: We Are Living Through Critical Circumstances

Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah (KUNA)
Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah (KUNA)
TT

Emir of Kuwait: We Are Living Through Critical Circumstances

Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah (KUNA)
Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah (KUNA)

The region has entered a "very critical and dangerous" stage, said Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah during his visit to the headquarters of the Foreign Ministry.

The parliament has announced its support to the Emir for adopting a balanced diplomatic role during the current Gulf crisis, amid an unprecedented escalation between the US and Iran.

“We are living through a very critical and dangerous stage,” Sheikh Sabah said, hoping that “calm will be restored and wisdom will prevail.”

“The current circumstances have doubled your responsibilities and diplomatic endeavors to achieve the higher interest of your country,” the Emir said, addressing diplomats.

He also spoke of Kuwait’s diplomatic history, saying it has been almost 18 months for Kuwait's non-permanent membership in the UN Security Council, through which it succeeded in playing a balanced role in a host of issues.

“Kuwait's diplomacy succeeded in representing the Arab and Islamic group, and defending Arab and Islamic causes,” he was quoted as saying by Kuwait News Agency (KUNA).

The Emir was accompanied by the Crown Prince, Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah, in his visit to the Foreign Ministry headquarters where they were received by the Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister, Sheikh Sabah al-Khalid al-Hamad al-Sabah, Deputy Foreign Minister Khalid Sulaiman al-Jarallah and senior officials. The meeting was attended by Speaker of the National Assembly Marzouq Ali al-Ghanim, Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber al-Mubarak al-Sabah, Sheikhs and senior officials.

Meanwhile, members of the National Assembly supported Tuesday all measures ordered by the Emir and the government to safeguard national security, following the US escalation against Iran. 

Last week, Ghanim warned of an expected war in the Gulf region following a secret meeting called by the Kuwaiti parliament to discuss with the government the current regional challenges.

“Based on the presentations made by the government, regrettably the chances of a regional war breaking out are very high,” Ghanim told reporters.

In their statement, Assembly members asserted the need for the government to move forward in completing the roles of ministries and government agencies concerned with civil defense and emergency.

They stressed the significance of official mass media in covering all security and political developments in a clear-cut and transparent manner in light of the surrounding political and security developments.

They also discussed preparedness of state agencies for state of emergency and crises and the importance of involving citizens, residents and civil society institutions in successful emergency plans.

Citizens and residents, together with civil society organizations, should have some role in ensuring a successful emergency plan, according to the statement.

The MPs called on citizens to adhere to the Emir’s directives who repeatedly warned of the gravity of the developments.



Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, have provided two generous donations amounting to SAR150 million through the Jood Eskan platform.

The move aligns with the leadership's commitment to supporting all national efforts and initiatives to provide suitable housing for deserving families.

Minister of Municipalities and Housing and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Developmental Housing Foundation (Sakan) Majed Al-Hogail expressed his deep gratitude to the leadership for its unwavering support to all national efforts and initiatives aimed at providing suitable housing for eligible families across the Kingdom.

He noted the effective impact of previous generous donations in achieving the goals of housing development, and motivating individuals and institutions to donate through the Jood Eskan platform that is based on community giving that helps provide decent housing and boosts stability and quality of life for deserving families.


Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.


Princes and Officials Take Oath Before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
TT

Princes and Officials Take Oath Before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)

Princes and officials appointed by royal orders to their new positions took the oath of office before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud in Riyadh on Tuesday.

They included Deputy Governor of Al-Baha Region Prince Fahd bin Saad bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz bin Turki; Member of the Shura Council Prince Dr. Saad bin Saud bin Mohammed bin Abdulaziz; Deputy Governor of Madinah Region Prince Saud bin Nahar bin Saud; Deputy Governor of Northern Borders Region Prince Mohammed bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz; and Minister of Investment Fahd Al-Saif.

They swore to be faithful to their religion, then their King and country, not to reveal any of the state’s secrets, to preserve its interests and regulations, and to perform their duties with honesty, trustworthiness, and sincerity.