The Saudi cabinet reiterated on Tuesday the Kingdom’s assertion that Iranian weapons were used in the attack against Saudi Aramco’s Abqaiq and Khurais oil facilities on September 14.
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz chaired the cabinet meeting that was held in Jeddah.
The cabinet said the international community has a major responsibility in “limiting Iran’s hostile behavior and policies.”
The attack against the oil facilities is a threat to regional and international peace and security and is an “unjustified attack against global energy supplies.”
The ministers stressed that Saudi Arabia decided to join the international coalition aimed at protecting marine navigation and shipping lanes to support regional and international efforts to deter and confront threats to global trade and secure global energy supplies.
King Salman briefed the ministers on the discussions he held on Monday with Bahrain’s King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa. He also briefed them on the telephone call last week with China’s Xi Jinping and meeting with Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan.
King Salman thanked the officials for condemning the oil facilities attack.
Moreover, the cabinet congratulated King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister, on the major accomplishment of restoring oil supplies from the Kingdom to the levels they were prior to the attack.
It hailed the massive efforts exerted by Aramco to overcome the attack, praising it for its quick response to the emergency and the dedication of its employees.
On the occasion of the Kingdom’s 89th national day, King Salman told the cabinet that the Kingdom is proud with the unity of its territory. He cited the efforts of founder King Abdulaziz bin Abdulrahman al-Saud in uniting the Kingdom, adding that the unity has persisted due to the solidarity of its people.