Egypt Sees Another COVID-19 Spike

Egyptian security forces cordon off roads in Cairo during curfew hours due to the coronavirus outbreak. (AP)
Egyptian security forces cordon off roads in Cairo during curfew hours due to the coronavirus outbreak. (AP)
TT
20

Egypt Sees Another COVID-19 Spike

Egyptian security forces cordon off roads in Cairo during curfew hours due to the coronavirus outbreak. (AP)
Egyptian security forces cordon off roads in Cairo during curfew hours due to the coronavirus outbreak. (AP)

Egypt has seen an increase in the coronavirus cases recording 224 infections on Friday, prompting the authorities to reiterate the importance of adhering to precautionary measures to confront the pandemic.

The Egyptian government urged authorities to take precautions inside public facilities to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and prepare for the second wave of the virus.

Adviser to the President on Health and Prevention Affairs Mohamed Awad Tag Eddin called on citizens to adhere to precautions, adding that President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi urged Egyptians to follow the measures issued by the authorities.

Earlier, Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly affirmed the government's readiness to confront the virus at any time.

The Ministry of Health announced that 100 patients were discharged from isolation hospitals after receiving necessary medical care, bringing the total of recovered cases to 100,106 so far.

The Ministry said it would continue to monitor the epidemiological situation of the virus and take all necessary preventive measures against any infectious diseases.

According to the Ministry, the total number of confirmed cases reached 108,754 since the outbreak in the country, including 6,343 deaths.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Local Development called on the governors to coordinate with the security authorities and impose fines on those not wearing the face mask in public transportation.

It also stressed that any facility that did not follow the precautionary measures would be shut down, highlighting the importance of regularly sterilizing buildings and facilities.

Earlier, the Egyptian government warned citizens it might resort to "difficult decisions" if they do not adhere to precautionary measures such as social distancing and protective masks.



Arab Parliament Condemns Israeli Minister's Storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque

Arab Parliament
Arab Parliament
TT
20

Arab Parliament Condemns Israeli Minister's Storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque

Arab Parliament
Arab Parliament

Arab Parliament Speaker Mohammed Ahmad al-Yamahi strongly condemned the storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque by the Israeli minister of national security, describing the act as an incitement and a provocation to the feelings of millions of Muslims around the world, the Saudi Press Agency said on Thursday.

Al-Yamah added that the Israeli minister’s acts clearly disregard the international community, international law, and the internationally legitimate resolutions.

In a statement, al-Yamahi emphasized that any attempts to alter the historical and legal status quo on Jerusalem’s holy sites are rejected and invalid, and that such actions constitute a flagrant violation of international law and relevant United Nations resolutions and contribute to increasing escalation, tension, and instability in the region.