A team of archeologists from the University of Salford in Manchester found the remains of a Victorian bathhouse beneath a car park in Manchester, northern UK, the German News Agency (dpa) reported.
The bathhouse, which opened in 1857, was a vital public amenity that served workers of the city's textiles factories and people who needed a place to wash their clothes and bath.
Inside, the bathhouse featured pools for men and women, and laundry rooms for families. But, the building was destroyed when the German air forces bombed the city during World War II.
During their mission, Salford's archeologists discovered two large pools as well as parts of boilers, flues, and pumps used to heat and circulate water around the pools and laundry rooms.