Fighting for the key Yemeni region of Marib has intensified, with 31 Iran-backed Houthi militants dead in the past 24 hours, loyalist military officials said Saturday.
The Houthis have been trying to seize oil-rich northern province of Marib since February.
"The Houthis have managed to seize a bit of territory" in the latest fighting northwest of the city, a pro-government military source said, adding that they did not threaten the city of Marib itself.
The same source said 22 government soldiers including five officers had been killed, along with 31 militants.
The Houthis rarely announce casualties on their own side.
Loyalist military officials said Saturday that coalition aircraft had carried out strikes against the Houthis.
The Houthis have so far ignored international calls for a ceasefire, as well as a new Saudi initiative aimed at reaching a political solution to the crisis.
At least a million civilians displaced from fighting elsewhere have sought refuge in Marib camps.