US Condemns Attempted Attacks on Jazan

US Special Envoy Tim Lenderking during his visit to Germany last week. Photo: Press Office for the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, US Department of State
US Special Envoy Tim Lenderking during his visit to Germany last week. Photo: Press Office for the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, US Department of State
TT

US Condemns Attempted Attacks on Jazan

US Special Envoy Tim Lenderking during his visit to Germany last week. Photo: Press Office for the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, US Department of State
US Special Envoy Tim Lenderking during his visit to Germany last week. Photo: Press Office for the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, US Department of State

Washington has condemned the attempted attacks of Yemen’s Houthi militias on the southern Saudi city of Jazan.

“The United States strongly condemns the Houthi complex attacks against Saudi Arabia this week, including the most recent attack in Jazan, which threatened civilian infrastructure,” said State Department spokesman Ned Price.

“These actions by the Houthis perpetuate the conflict in Yemen, now going into its seventh year. As US Special Envoy Tim Lenderking and UN Special Envoy Martin Griffiths work side-by-side to promote UN-led peace efforts, the Houthis’ actions are prolonging the suffering of the Yemeni people and jeopardizing these efforts at a moment when there is a commitment from the international community to end the conflict now.”

He reiterated his call on all parties to agree to a comprehensive, nationwide ceasefire, and to engage in negotiations towards an inclusive UN-mediated political agreement.

The State Department said in a statement on Friday that Lenderking returned from travel to Germany and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

“In Berlin, he met with representatives from the UN Security Council permanent member states, as well as Germany, Kuwait, Sweden, and the EU to discuss the importance of reaching a lasting solution to the conflict and taking action to mitigate the humanitarian and economic crisis,” it said.

“These next steps include ending the Houthi assault on Marib, facilitating UN inspection and repair of the SAFER oil tanker, and supporting the Republic of Yemen Government’s efforts to stabilize the Yemeni economy and ease the humanitarian crisis.”

The statement said that German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas and German Ministry of Foreign Affairs Director General for Near and Middle East Dr. Philipp Ackermann expressed Germany’s full support of the UN-led peace efforts in a joint meeting with Lenderking. The meeting was attended by US Chargé d’Affaires Robin Quinville and Griffiths.

In the UAE, Lenderking met with Foreign Ministry officials to discuss the importance of full implementation of the Riyadh Agreement and a united Yemeni government.

“Lenderking and Griffiths continue to work side-by-side to encourage the swift delivery of fuel into Yemen and re-initiate political talks with the support of the Government of Oman. We need all parties to commit seriously and negotiate in good faith. People are suffering,” added the statement.



Princes and Officials Take Oath Before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
TT

Princes and Officials Take Oath Before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)

Princes and officials appointed by royal orders to their new positions took the oath of office before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud in Riyadh on Tuesday.

They included Deputy Governor of Al-Baha Region Prince Fahd bin Saad bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz bin Turki; Member of the Shura Council Prince Dr. Saad bin Saud bin Mohammed bin Abdulaziz; Deputy Governor of Madinah Region Prince Saud bin Nahar bin Saud; Deputy Governor of Northern Borders Region Prince Mohammed bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz; and Minister of Investment Fahd Al-Saif.

They swore to be faithful to their religion, then their King and country, not to reveal any of the state’s secrets, to preserve its interests and regulations, and to perform their duties with honesty, trustworthiness, and sincerity.


Saudi Arabia Reiterates Its Categorical Rejection of Israel’s ‘State Land’ Decision in West Bank

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Arabia Reiterates Its Categorical Rejection of Israel’s ‘State Land’ Decision in West Bank

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)

The Saudi government condemned on Tuesday Israel’s decision to West Bank lands as "state lands."

Reiterating its absolute rejection of these illegal measures, the Cabinet warned that they undermine peace efforts and violate the Palestinian people's inherent right to establish an independent, sovereign state within the 1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital.

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chaired the Cabinet session that was held in Riyadh.

The Cabinet congratulated citizens and Muslims on the advent of the holy month of Ramadan, expressing gratitude for the Kingdom's honor in caring for the two holy mosques and their visitors.

The Cabinet highlighted the success of the Hajj and Umrah seasons, noting that the Kingdom welcomed 19.5 million international pilgrims and Umrah performers in 2025, setting new records that reflect rapid progress toward the goals of Vision 2030 and the Pilgrim Experience Program.

The Cabinet described the Kingdom's Founding Day celebration on February 22 as an expression of pride in the Saudi state's nearly three-century history, underscoring the foundations of justice, unity, and development established by leaders and citizens throughout history to ensure the nation remains a global leader in all fields.

The Cabinet was briefed on recent talks between Saudi Arabia and various nations, which focused on strengthening bilateral and multilateral cooperation and boosting coordination to foster regional and international security, stability, and prosperity.

The session further reviewed the Kingdom's economic, cultural, and social activities, stressing the state's commitment to social solidarity and giving. This includes continued support for the sixth National Campaign for Charitable Work, set to begin on Friday.

The Cabinet commended the success of the third World Defense Show held in Riyadh under the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques' patronage, during which strategic partnerships, agreements, and memoranda of understanding were signed to localize military technologies and strengthen local supply chains in alignment with Vision 2030 objectives.


Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Arrives in Jeddah

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. (SPA file)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. (SPA file)
TT

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Arrives in Jeddah

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. (SPA file)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. (SPA file)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud arrived in Jeddah on Tuesday coming from Riyadh.

At King Abdulaziz International Airport, he was received by Deputy Governor of Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz.

King Salman was accompanied by several princes and senior officials.

At King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh, King Salman was seen off by Governor of Riyadh Region Prince Faisal bin Bandar bin Abdulaziz and Deputy Governor of Riyadh Region Prince Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Abdulaziz.