Mohammed Bin Zayed Receives Call from Israeli PM

UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahyan and Israeli Foreign Minister Yair Lapid in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (AP)
UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahyan and Israeli Foreign Minister Yair Lapid in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (AP)
TT

Mohammed Bin Zayed Receives Call from Israeli PM

UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahyan and Israeli Foreign Minister Yair Lapid in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (AP)
UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahyan and Israeli Foreign Minister Yair Lapid in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (AP)

Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan received a phone call from Israel's Prime Minister Naftali Bennett. They discussed ways of strengthening cooperation between the two countries.

Sheikh Mohamed and Bennett reviewed the latest developments, especially efforts to achieve peace and prosperity for the region's people and the world at large.

In a brief statement, Bennett stressed the importance of the strategic relations between the two countries, which are reflected in several areas.

"The prime minister thanked the crown prince for opening an embassy in Israel and hosting the official visit of Foreign Minister Yair Lapid," the statement said.

Last month, Lapid traveled to the UAE to open Israel's embassy there, the first official visit by an Israeli minister to the Gulf state.

The statement did not say if Bennett had invited Bin Zayed to visit Israel or if the latter had invited the PM to visit the UAE.

Israel and the UAE signed a peace agreement and normalization of relations between them in September 2020 through an accord sealed by former US President Donald Trump.

Last week, the UAE inaugurated its embassy in Tel Aviv in the presence of Israeli President Isaac Herzog and Emirati Ambassador Mohammad Mahmoud Al Khaja.

Political sources in Tel Aviv revealed Friday that several experts, along with Energy Minister Karine Elharrar and Minister of Environmental Protection, Tamar Zandberg, criticized the deal to export UAE oil through Eilat and Ashkelon ports.

Bennett and Foreign Minister Yair Lapid are reevaluating the UAE oil export project to Europe and the West.

According to Haaretz, Elharrar told a meeting held at her office earlier this week that she saw no energy benefit to Israel from the deal but was not aware of its full details.

"Our position in the energy ministry is that we do not see any energy benefits for the Israeli economy in this agreement," Haaretz quoted her as telling environmental activists. "If it is canceled, we do not see any damage in the sphere."

A source close to Bennett confirmed that his government has not yet formed a position on the agreement.

The accord provides transferring crude oil and oil-related products from its Red Sea terminal in Eilat to its terminal in Ashkelon on the southern Mediterranean coast via a land-based pipeline that connects the two.

Israel distributes it to its towns as well as to the countries of the region and Europe. Emirate's carriers have started activating it for testing.

Environmental and anti-corruption organizations oppose this project.

Three green organizations submitted a petition to the Supreme Court in May, demanding the deal should be cancelled given that it was neither discussed nor approved by the government nor opened for consultation with experts and the public.

The court rejected the request to issue the precautionary order, but it agreed to deliberate on the case and set a date next September for the first session.



Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
TT

Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz inspected the readiness of the Grand Mosque and its facilities, conducting a field tour to review operational and service preparations for receiving worshippers and Umrah performers during the holy month of Ramadan, reported the Saudi Press Agency on Tuesday.

Prince Saud was briefed on the operational plans implemented by the relevant authorities, including crowd management mechanisms, service enhancements, and facility preparations aimed at ensuring smooth movement and enhancing comfort and safety levels for visitors to the Grand Mosque, particularly during peak times.

He reviewed developmental initiatives and smart services supporting the operational system, notably electric mobility carts for transporting the elderly, persons with disabilities, and those in need of assistance within the Grand Mosque.

The tour also included an overview of the efforts of guidance teams deployed across the corridors and courtyards of the Grand Mosque, providing multilingual assistance and direction.

Prince Saud reviewed the interactive map and digital mobility platform, which allows visitors to plan their routes in advance and identify service locations, entrances and exits, and less crowded pathways.

He was briefed on crowd management systems, including the visitor density sensor platform that measures human density in real time, and the Tawaf and Sa’i crowd status display service, which allows worshippers to select appropriate times to perform rituals with ease. Models of the modern multilingual guidance system were also reviewed.

Prince Saud also visited the Smart Engineering Command and Control Center, which serves as an advanced central platform linking operational systems and monitoring performance in real time, boosting operational efficiency and raising readiness levels during Ramadan.


Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, have provided two generous donations amounting to SAR150 million through the Jood Eskan platform.

The move aligns with the leadership's commitment to supporting all national efforts and initiatives to provide suitable housing for deserving families.

Minister of Municipalities and Housing and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Developmental Housing Foundation (Sakan) Majed Al-Hogail expressed his deep gratitude to the leadership for its unwavering support to all national efforts and initiatives aimed at providing suitable housing for eligible families across the Kingdom.

He noted the effective impact of previous generous donations in achieving the goals of housing development, and motivating individuals and institutions to donate through the Jood Eskan platform that is based on community giving that helps provide decent housing and boosts stability and quality of life for deserving families.


Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.