Asharq Al-awsat English https://aawsat.com/english Middle-east and International News and Opinion from Asharq Al-awsat Newspaper http://feedly.com/icon.svg

Saudi SAMI Signs Agreement with Airbus on Joint Venture

Saudi SAMI Signs Agreement with Airbus on Joint Venture

Saturday, 4 December, 2021 - 15:00
A logo of Airbus is seen at the entrance of its factory in Blagnac near Toulouse, France. REUTERS/Benoit Tessier

Saudi Arabian Military Industries (SAMI) has signed an agreement with Airbus to form a joint venture specialized in military aviation services and maintenance, repair and overhaul capabilities, SAMI said on Saturday.


The company said in a statement that Saudi Arabia would own 51% of the joint venture with the European planemaker holding the other 49%.


Editor Picks

Multimedia