OIC Says May Send Senior Delegation to Sudan

Officials at the emergency OIC meeting in Jeddah. (Asharq Al-Awsat)
Officials at the emergency OIC meeting in Jeddah. (Asharq Al-Awsat)
TT

OIC Says May Send Senior Delegation to Sudan

Officials at the emergency OIC meeting in Jeddah. (Asharq Al-Awsat)
Officials at the emergency OIC meeting in Jeddah. (Asharq Al-Awsat)

The Organization of Islamic Cooperation held an emergency meeting in Jeddah on Wednesday to discuss the developments in Sudan.

The meeting was held at the invitation of Saudi Arabia, the current president of the OIC executive committee.

OIC Secretary General Hissein Brahim Taha said the organization will work with the recommendations of the member states, including the possibility of sending a senior delegation to Sudan.

He expressed his disappointment with the continued fighting, especially in the capital Khartoum, and with the warring parties’ failure to fully commit to humanitarian truces to evacuate the wounded, civilians and foreign nationals.

He said the situation demands immediate action, praising Saudi Arabia for calling for the OIC meeting.

He also lauded the Kingdom for its continued contacts with the parties in Sudan and influential regional and international players.

The contacts are aimed at reaching a peaceful solution to the dangerous crisis, he remarked, while highlighting Riyadh’s dedicated efforts in the evacuation process.

The evacuations were held at the directives of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz and Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Crown Prince and Prime Minister.

Taha also hailed the valued initiatives that were proposed by the OIC members and their role in evacuating those stuck in Sudan.

He called for more efforts to reach an immediate and permanent ceasefire, urging the warring parties to hold dialogue to avoid greater chaos in Sudan.

Saudi Arabia’s permanent representative to the OIC Saleh al-Suhaibani stressed that the Kingdom’s leadership is seeking to resolve the crisis.

It welcomed the latest truce and extension of the ceasefire, he added.

The Kingdom hopes that the truce would lead to a permanent ceasefire and launch of dialogue so that peace and security could prevail in Sudan, he continued.

At the directives of King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed, Saudi Arabia is exerting strenuous efforts to resolve the crisis and end the conflict, he stated.

Furthermore, he underscored Saudi Arabia’s efforts to evacuate civilians from several friendly and fraternal countries, as well as staff at diplomatic missions and international agencies.

Over 5,000 people from over 100 countries have so far been evacuated by the Kingdom.

Moreover, al-Suhaibani said the Kingdom hails the efforts of the Sudanese government and other countries in facilitating the evacuations. It urges the international community and humanitarian organizations to aid the Sudanese people.



Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
TT

Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz inspected the readiness of the Grand Mosque and its facilities, conducting a field tour to review operational and service preparations for receiving worshippers and Umrah performers during the holy month of Ramadan, reported the Saudi Press Agency on Tuesday.

Prince Saud was briefed on the operational plans implemented by the relevant authorities, including crowd management mechanisms, service enhancements, and facility preparations aimed at ensuring smooth movement and enhancing comfort and safety levels for visitors to the Grand Mosque, particularly during peak times.

He reviewed developmental initiatives and smart services supporting the operational system, notably electric mobility carts for transporting the elderly, persons with disabilities, and those in need of assistance within the Grand Mosque.

The tour also included an overview of the efforts of guidance teams deployed across the corridors and courtyards of the Grand Mosque, providing multilingual assistance and direction.

Prince Saud reviewed the interactive map and digital mobility platform, which allows visitors to plan their routes in advance and identify service locations, entrances and exits, and less crowded pathways.

He was briefed on crowd management systems, including the visitor density sensor platform that measures human density in real time, and the Tawaf and Sa’i crowd status display service, which allows worshippers to select appropriate times to perform rituals with ease. Models of the modern multilingual guidance system were also reviewed.

Prince Saud also visited the Smart Engineering Command and Control Center, which serves as an advanced central platform linking operational systems and monitoring performance in real time, boosting operational efficiency and raising readiness levels during Ramadan.


Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, have provided two generous donations amounting to SAR150 million through the Jood Eskan platform.

The move aligns with the leadership's commitment to supporting all national efforts and initiatives to provide suitable housing for deserving families.

Minister of Municipalities and Housing and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Developmental Housing Foundation (Sakan) Majed Al-Hogail expressed his deep gratitude to the leadership for its unwavering support to all national efforts and initiatives aimed at providing suitable housing for eligible families across the Kingdom.

He noted the effective impact of previous generous donations in achieving the goals of housing development, and motivating individuals and institutions to donate through the Jood Eskan platform that is based on community giving that helps provide decent housing and boosts stability and quality of life for deserving families.


Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.