Coalition Destroys Armed Houthi Drone Targeting Saudi Arabia

Arab Coalition spokesman Col. Turki al-Malki. AFP file photo
Arab Coalition spokesman Col. Turki al-Malki. AFP file photo
TT

Coalition Destroys Armed Houthi Drone Targeting Saudi Arabia

Arab Coalition spokesman Col. Turki al-Malki. AFP file photo
Arab Coalition spokesman Col. Turki al-Malki. AFP file photo

The Coalition to Support Legitimacy in Yemen said on Sunday that it intercepted and destroyed an armed Houthi drone targeting the Kingdom’s southern region.

The drone was destroyed in Yemen’s airspace, Coalition spokesman Col. Turki al-Malki said.

He reiterated that the Houthi militias continue to intentionally target civilians in the southern region.



UAE President, Sultan of Oman Discuss Bilateral Ties and Regional Developments

UAE President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Sultan Haitham bin Tariq of Oman - WAM
UAE President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Sultan Haitham bin Tariq of Oman - WAM
TT

UAE President, Sultan of Oman Discuss Bilateral Ties and Regional Developments

UAE President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Sultan Haitham bin Tariq of Oman - WAM
UAE President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Sultan Haitham bin Tariq of Oman - WAM

UAE President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Sultan Haitham bin Tariq of Oman discussed the longstanding fraternal ties between the two countries and ways to further strengthen cooperation, particularly in the economic and development fields, in support of shared priorities and interests, as well as the prosperity and wellbeing of their peoples.

The two leaders exchanged views on regional and international issues of joint interest, particularly the serious developments in the Middle East and ongoing efforts to strengthen security, stability, and peace for the benefit of all countries and peoples of the region.

The two leaders reaffirmed their commitment to continued consultation on various issues in light of the shared challenges the region is facing and the need to bolster cooperation to safeguard its security and stability, WAM reported.

Sultan Haitham bin Tariq arrived in the UAE earlier on Monday and was welcomed at the Presidential Airport in Abu Dhabi by Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, along with a number of Sheikhs, ministers, and officials.


Saudi Foreign Minister Receives Yemeni Counterpart

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received Yemeni Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Dr. Afrah Abdulaziz Al-Zouba. (SPA)
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received Yemeni Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Dr. Afrah Abdulaziz Al-Zouba. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Foreign Minister Receives Yemeni Counterpart

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received Yemeni Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Dr. Afrah Abdulaziz Al-Zouba. (SPA)
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received Yemeni Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Dr. Afrah Abdulaziz Al-Zouba. (SPA)

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received Yemeni Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Dr. Afrah Abdulaziz Al-Zouba in Riyadh on Sunday, the Saudi Press Agency reported.

Prince Faisal bin Farhan congratulated Al-Zouba on her appointment, expressing his aspiration to continue joint efforts between the two countries in a manner that serves their interests and enhances stability in the region.

The meeting reaffirmed the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's steadfast position in supporting the security and stability of the Republic of Yemen. The two sides also discussed developments in the region and several topics of mutual interest.


MWL Condemns Israel’s Rejection of Gaza Peace Plan and Palestinian Statehood

The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
TT

MWL Condemns Israel’s Rejection of Gaza Peace Plan and Palestinian Statehood

The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
The Muslim World League (MWL) logo

The Muslim World League (MWL) strongly condemned Israel’s rejection of the Road Map for implementing US President Donald Trump’s Gaza peace plan, endorsed by UN Security Council Resolution 2803, as well as its rejection of Palestinian statehood, the Saudi Press Agency reported on Sunday.

In a statement issued by MWL Secretary-General and Chairman of the Organization of Muslim Scholars Sheikh Dr. Mohammed Al-Issa, he denounced the rejection, describing it as a continuation of Israel's persistent policies of violating international laws and UN resolutions and undermining all peace efforts.

Al-Issa stressed the urgent need to compel Israel to fully comply with the commitments stipulated in US President Donald Trump's Comprehensive Plan and its accompanying Road Map, and to move forward with implementing the plan's second phase while preventing any party from obstructing its implementation.

He also expressed strong support for the statement issued in this regard by the foreign ministers of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Türkiye, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.

He commended their steadfast solidarity with the Palestinian people and firm support for their legitimate rights, foremost among them the right to establish an independent and sovereign Palestinian state in accordance with the two-state solution and relevant international resolutions, as the only path to achieving a just and lasting peace in the region.