Saudi Arabia Supports UN Envoy's Efforts to Reach Comprehensive Political Solution in Yemen

King Salman chairs the weekly cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
King Salman chairs the weekly cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Arabia Supports UN Envoy's Efforts to Reach Comprehensive Political Solution in Yemen

King Salman chairs the weekly cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
King Salman chairs the weekly cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)

The Saudi government stressed on Tuesday its support to the efforts of United Nations envoy to Yemen, Hans Grundberg, in reaching a comprehensive political solution to the crisis in the country.

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz chaired the cabinet meeting that was held in person in Riyadh.

The ministers highlighted the statement of the Quint meeting on Yemen, which includes Saudi Arabia, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, UK and United States, that condemned the repeated attacks by the Iran-backed Houthi militias in Yemen against civilians in Yemen and their terrorist acts against Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

The government welcomed the visit to Riyadh last week by Thailand's Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who held talks with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense.

It hailed the restoring of full diplomatic ties between Riyadh and Bangkok and the ensuing steps that should boost cooperation between them in various fields.

The cabinet then reviewed the outcomes of the consultative meeting of Arab foreign ministers that was held in Kuwait on Sunday. The meeting was aimed at bolstering joint work between member states in order to achieve common interests and boost cooperation and coordination between them.



UAE Says Situation Safe After Detecting Missile Threat

Tuesday's warning was the first such alert since a false alarm in June and an alert in July for an attack that ultimately did not enter UAE territory. (Reuters)
Tuesday's warning was the first such alert since a false alarm in June and an alert in July for an attack that ultimately did not enter UAE territory. (Reuters)
TT

UAE Says Situation Safe After Detecting Missile Threat

Tuesday's warning was the first such alert since a false alarm in June and an alert in July for an attack that ultimately did not enter UAE territory. (Reuters)
Tuesday's warning was the first such alert since a false alarm in June and an alert in July for an attack that ultimately did not enter UAE territory. (Reuters)

The United Arab Emirates' ‌interior ⁠ministry sent a phone ⁠alert on Tuesday that ⁠the ‌situation was ‌currently safe ‌and to ‌resume normal activities after ‌an earlier alert warning ⁠of ⁠a missile threat. 

The UAE had issued a brief phone alert for "potential missile threats" on Tuesday with the ministry of defense confirming it had detected missiles "directed towards the country" for the first time in months.

"Due to the current situation, potential missile threats, immediately seek a safe place in the closest secure building," the interior ministry said in the phone alert, which was lifted shortly after.

It was the first such alert since a false alarm in June and an alert in July for an attack that ultimately did not enter UAE territory. Before that, the last missile warning came in early May.

The Emirati defense ministry said it had "detected a missile threat directed towards the country".

Tankers belonging to state-owned oil company ADNOC have been repeatedly targeted in the past few weeks.

When the Middle East war began on February 28, the UAE bore the brunt of Iran's attacks, with nearly 3,000 missiles and drones directed at the country -- more than anywhere else in the region.

After a memorandum of understanding came into effect in June between the two parties, which has since collapsed, the UAE reported no attacks.


Saudi Cabinet Welcomes Launch of Multinational Maritime Defense Alliance

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud  - SPA
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud - SPA
TT

Saudi Cabinet Welcomes Launch of Multinational Maritime Defense Alliance

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud  - SPA
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud - SPA

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chaired the Cabinet session on Tuesday, which reviewed Saudi Arabia’s recent discussions and consultations with brotherly and friendly nations to enhance bilateral and multilateral cooperation across various fields, achieve mutual interests, and support regional and international security and stability.

The Cabinet welcomed the institutional and operational activation of the Saudi-led Multinational Maritime Defense Alliance following the completion of its organizational and planning frameworks. This marks a new phase of joint action to achieve full operational readiness and fulfill its mission to enhance collective maritime security, protect freedom of navigation across maritime straits and waterways, and support the continuity of international trade and global supply chains.

The Cabinet reiterated its categorical rejection of repeated Iranian attacks on commercial vessels and tankers, viewing them as a dangerous escalation and a direct threat to the safety and security of maritime navigation.

It also affirmed that these attacks constitute a grave violation of international laws and norms and a blatant defiance of the Security Council resolution obligating respect for commercial vessels' freedom of navigation through the Strait of Hormuz and condemning any threats or actions obstructing it.

On bilateral relations, the Cabinet deemed establishing the Saudi-Sudanese Coordination Council an extension of both nations' commitment to institutionalized joint coordination, advancing cooperation and integration through tangible outputs, initiatives, projects, and objectives to achieve desired aspirations.

The Cabinet commended the Kingdom's successful presidency of the 16th session of the UNCCD Conference of the Parties (COP16), which launched international partnerships and initiatives to combat land degradation, desertification, and drought, enhance water and food security, support climate adaptation, and advance innovative solutions for environmental protection and sustainable development.

On World Humanitarian Day, observed on August 19, the Cabinet expressed pride in Saudi Arabia's pioneering humanitarian role and its prominent standing among the world's leading donor nations. This reflects the Kingdom's long history of generosity, proactive initiative, and providing aid, assistance, and disaster relief to countries and communities in need globally.

Domestically, as the new academic year approaches, the Cabinet reviewed the education sector's achievements, notably in improving organizational and operational efficiency, advancing educational institutions, expanding students' scientific expertise, upgrading teachers' capabilities, and providing exemplary learning environments with leading curricula and specialized programs that foster innovation and creativity—all contributing to human capital development and Saudi Vision 2030 goals.

The Cabinet also commended the Public Investment Fund's (PIF) financial performance and continued progress toward its targets, evidenced by revenue and net profit growth in 2025. This reflects PIF's ongoing drive to spur economic diversification in the Kingdom, expand domestic and international investments, and bolster key strategic sectors, including artificial intelligence, technology, energy, infrastructure, and advanced manufacturing.

The Cabinet praised government agencies' tangible progress in the 2026 Digital Experience Maturity Index, reflecting ongoing commitment to developing operations, innovating flexible and effective technological solutions, and delivering top-tier procedures and services to citizens, residents, and visitors, in line with the Kingdom's leadership and competitiveness in international rankings and indicators.


Saudi Foreign Minister Receives Phone Call from Iraqi Counterpart

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah in Moscow on July 4, 2025. (Reuters)
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah in Moscow on July 4, 2025. (Reuters)
TT

Saudi Foreign Minister Receives Phone Call from Iraqi Counterpart

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah in Moscow on July 4, 2025. (Reuters)
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah in Moscow on July 4, 2025. (Reuters)

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received a phone call from Iraqi Minister of Foreign Affairs Dr. Fuad Hussein.

During the call, they discussed ways to strengthen bilateral relations and enhance consultation on regional issues, as well as topics of mutual interest.