US Condemns Houthi Attack in Saudi Arabia

White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan gives an update about the ongoing talks with Russia at a press briefing at the White House in Washington, Thursday, Jan. 13, 2022. (AP)
White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan gives an update about the ongoing talks with Russia at a press briefing at the White House in Washington, Thursday, Jan. 13, 2022. (AP)
TT

US Condemns Houthi Attack in Saudi Arabia

White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan gives an update about the ongoing talks with Russia at a press briefing at the White House in Washington, Thursday, Jan. 13, 2022. (AP)
White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan gives an update about the ongoing talks with Russia at a press briefing at the White House in Washington, Thursday, Jan. 13, 2022. (AP)

US National security adviser Jake Sullivan said on Sunday that the United States condemns the attacks by the Iran-backed Houthi militias in Yemen on civilian infrastructure in Saudi Arabia.

"The Houthis launch these terrorist attacks with enabling by Iran, which supplies them with missile and UAV components, training, and expertise. This is done in violation of UN Security Council resolutions prohibiting the import of weapons into Yemen," he said in a statement.

"Saudi Arabia and the Yemeni Government have endorsed multiple UN calls for ceasefires and de-escalation over the last year. The Houthis have rejected these calls, responding instead with new offensives in Yemen and terrorist acts, such as those launched against Saudi Arabia last night," he continued.

"It is time to bring this war to a close, but that can only happen if the Houthis agree to cooperate with the United Nations and its envoy working on a step-by-step a process to de-escalate the conflict," he remarked.

"The United States stands fully behind those efforts, and we will continue to fully support our partners in the defense of their territory from Houthi attacks. We call on the international community to do the same," he declared.

The Houthis fired missiles and drones at Saudi energy and water desalination facilities, causing a temporary drop in output at a refinery but no casualties, the Saudi Energy Ministry and state media said on Sunday.

Later on Sunday, another Aramco distribution plant was attacked in the Red Sea city of Jeddah, leading to a fire in one of the tanks, according to the Saudi-led Arab coalition. The fire was controlled and did not result in any casualties, it said.



MWL Condemns Israel’s Rejection of Gaza Peace Plan and Palestinian Statehood

The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
TT

MWL Condemns Israel’s Rejection of Gaza Peace Plan and Palestinian Statehood

The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
The Muslim World League (MWL) logo

The Muslim World League (MWL) strongly condemned Israel’s rejection of the Road Map for implementing US President Donald Trump’s Gaza peace plan, endorsed by UN Security Council Resolution 2803, as well as its rejection of Palestinian statehood, the Saudi Press Agency reported on Sunday.

In a statement issued by MWL Secretary-General and Chairman of the Organization of Muslim Scholars Sheikh Dr. Mohammed Al-Issa, he denounced the rejection, describing it as a continuation of Israel's persistent policies of violating international laws and UN resolutions and undermining all peace efforts.

Al-Issa stressed the urgent need to compel Israel to fully comply with the commitments stipulated in US President Donald Trump's Comprehensive Plan and its accompanying Road Map, and to move forward with implementing the plan's second phase while preventing any party from obstructing its implementation.

He also expressed strong support for the statement issued in this regard by the foreign ministers of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Türkiye, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.

He commended their steadfast solidarity with the Palestinian people and firm support for their legitimate rights, foremost among them the right to establish an independent and sovereign Palestinian state in accordance with the two-state solution and relevant international resolutions, as the only path to achieving a just and lasting peace in the region.


Trump Welcomes Makkah Agreement, Calls it ‘Big, Bold’ Step

07 August 2026, Saudi Arabia, Makkah: Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif, and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan sign the Makkah Joint Defense Agreement. Photo: -/PPI via ZUMA Press Wire/dpa
07 August 2026, Saudi Arabia, Makkah: Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif, and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan sign the Makkah Joint Defense Agreement. Photo: -/PPI via ZUMA Press Wire/dpa
TT

Trump Welcomes Makkah Agreement, Calls it ‘Big, Bold’ Step

07 August 2026, Saudi Arabia, Makkah: Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif, and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan sign the Makkah Joint Defense Agreement. Photo: -/PPI via ZUMA Press Wire/dpa
07 August 2026, Saudi Arabia, Makkah: Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif, and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan sign the Makkah Joint Defense Agreement. Photo: -/PPI via ZUMA Press Wire/dpa

US President Donald Trump said Sunday he was pleased by the recent signing of a defense pact between Saudi Arabia, Türkiye and Pakistan.

"Very happy to see that Saudi Arabia, Türkiye, and Pakistan have recently, and finally, signed the Makkah Joint Defense Agreement," he wrote on his Truth Social platform.

"It shows how the Middle East is coming together, and how Countries will finally be able to defend themselves in a more meaningful way," he wrote, calling it a "BIG, BOLD, IMPORTANT FIRST STEP."

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan signed the agreement on August 7.

Pakistan's foreign ministry said the pact meant an attack on any member would be regarded as an attack on all, adding it was "intended to strengthen collective deterrence."

The agreement declared a "shared commitment to further strengthening their collective security and to promoting peace, security and stability in the region and beyond."


Saudi Leadership Offers Condolences to Indonesian President over Earthquakes Victims

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister.
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister.
TT

Saudi Leadership Offers Condolences to Indonesian President over Earthquakes Victims

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister.
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister.

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud sent on Sunday a cable of condolences and sympathy to Indonesia’s President Prabowo Subianto over the victims of the earthquakes that struck his country.

King Salman expressed his deepest condolences to the president, the families of the victims, and the Indonesian people, wishing the injured a speedy recovery.

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, sent the Indonesian leader a similar cable.

A magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck six regencies on Flores on Saturday, killing at least 53 people and displacing thousands.