Kuwait Dismantles Iranian Cell, Bahrain Refers Collaborators to Judiciary

An Iranian rocket is intercepted over Abu Dhabi. (AFP)
An Iranian rocket is intercepted over Abu Dhabi. (AFP)
TT

Kuwait Dismantles Iranian Cell, Bahrain Refers Collaborators to Judiciary

An Iranian rocket is intercepted over Abu Dhabi. (AFP)
An Iranian rocket is intercepted over Abu Dhabi. (AFP)

Kuwait announced on Thursday that it busted a cell associated with Iran, while Bahrain referred collaborators with Tehran to the judiciary, reflecting the readiness of Gulf countries to deal with threats to their stability and security and to protect their higher interests.

Kuwaiti authorities said they thwarted a terrorist plot to carry out assassinations of state figures and leaders.

They detained a cell that includes a number of Kuwaitis working for Hezbollah, they added.

The cell was also tasked with recruiting people to carry out their attacks with the aim of harming higher national interests.

Kuwait had busted a similar cell just days ago.

Kuwait’s defenses also shot down on Thursday hostile rockets and drones that had breached its airspace.

In Bahrain, authorities arrested a cell accused of collaborating with Iran. It referred to the judiciary 14 people for contacting the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corp (IRGC).

The detainees received assistance and funds to support operations against Kuwait, saying the IRGC had tasked them with sending photos and information.

One of the detainees took photos and sent coordinates of vital installations to the Guards, said Manama. The IRGC had used the information received from the cell to carry out attacks against Bahrain.

On March 12, the interior ministry announced that it had arrested four citizens for collaborating with the IRGC. Two days prior, it arrested six people for sharing photos of damage caused by Iranian attacks and voicing sympathy with Tehran and its hostile activities.

On Thursday, Bahrain’s defenses downed a rocket and 19 drones. Authorities said they will continue to confront Iran’s heinous terrorist attacks.

Bahrain has so far destroyed 154 rockets and 350 drones since the hostilities began.

In the UAE, authorities said a person was killed and three wounded from falling shrapnel from a downed ballistic missile in Abu Dhabi. Several vehicles were also damaged in the incident.

Emirati defenses downed 15 ballistic missiles and 11 drones fired from Iran in recent hours.

Since the eruption of the conflict, defenses downed 372 ballistic missiles and 1,826 drones from Iran. Two members of the armed forces were killed while performing their national duties.



Saudi Foreign Minister Receives Yemeni Counterpart

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received Yemeni Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Dr. Afrah Abdulaziz Al-Zouba. (SPA)
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received Yemeni Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Dr. Afrah Abdulaziz Al-Zouba. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Foreign Minister Receives Yemeni Counterpart

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received Yemeni Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Dr. Afrah Abdulaziz Al-Zouba. (SPA)
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received Yemeni Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Dr. Afrah Abdulaziz Al-Zouba. (SPA)

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received Yemeni Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Dr. Afrah Abdulaziz Al-Zouba in Riyadh on Sunday, the Saudi Press Agency reported.

Prince Faisal bin Farhan congratulated Al-Zouba on her appointment, expressing his aspiration to continue joint efforts between the two countries in a manner that serves their interests and enhances stability in the region.

The meeting reaffirmed the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's steadfast position in supporting the security and stability of the Republic of Yemen. The two sides also discussed developments in the region and several topics of mutual interest.


MWL Condemns Israel’s Rejection of Gaza Peace Plan and Palestinian Statehood

The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
TT

MWL Condemns Israel’s Rejection of Gaza Peace Plan and Palestinian Statehood

The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
The Muslim World League (MWL) logo

The Muslim World League (MWL) strongly condemned Israel’s rejection of the Road Map for implementing US President Donald Trump’s Gaza peace plan, endorsed by UN Security Council Resolution 2803, as well as its rejection of Palestinian statehood, the Saudi Press Agency reported on Sunday.

In a statement issued by MWL Secretary-General and Chairman of the Organization of Muslim Scholars Sheikh Dr. Mohammed Al-Issa, he denounced the rejection, describing it as a continuation of Israel's persistent policies of violating international laws and UN resolutions and undermining all peace efforts.

Al-Issa stressed the urgent need to compel Israel to fully comply with the commitments stipulated in US President Donald Trump's Comprehensive Plan and its accompanying Road Map, and to move forward with implementing the plan's second phase while preventing any party from obstructing its implementation.

He also expressed strong support for the statement issued in this regard by the foreign ministers of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Türkiye, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.

He commended their steadfast solidarity with the Palestinian people and firm support for their legitimate rights, foremost among them the right to establish an independent and sovereign Palestinian state in accordance with the two-state solution and relevant international resolutions, as the only path to achieving a just and lasting peace in the region.


Trump Welcomes Makkah Agreement, Calls it ‘Big, Bold’ Step

07 August 2026, Saudi Arabia, Makkah: Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif, and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan sign the Makkah Joint Defense Agreement. Photo: -/PPI via ZUMA Press Wire/dpa
07 August 2026, Saudi Arabia, Makkah: Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif, and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan sign the Makkah Joint Defense Agreement. Photo: -/PPI via ZUMA Press Wire/dpa
TT

Trump Welcomes Makkah Agreement, Calls it ‘Big, Bold’ Step

07 August 2026, Saudi Arabia, Makkah: Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif, and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan sign the Makkah Joint Defense Agreement. Photo: -/PPI via ZUMA Press Wire/dpa
07 August 2026, Saudi Arabia, Makkah: Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif, and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan sign the Makkah Joint Defense Agreement. Photo: -/PPI via ZUMA Press Wire/dpa

US President Donald Trump said Sunday he was pleased by the recent signing of a defense pact between Saudi Arabia, Türkiye and Pakistan.

"Very happy to see that Saudi Arabia, Türkiye, and Pakistan have recently, and finally, signed the Makkah Joint Defense Agreement," he wrote on his Truth Social platform.

"It shows how the Middle East is coming together, and how Countries will finally be able to defend themselves in a more meaningful way," he wrote, calling it a "BIG, BOLD, IMPORTANT FIRST STEP."

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan signed the agreement on August 7.

Pakistan's foreign ministry said the pact meant an attack on any member would be regarded as an attack on all, adding it was "intended to strengthen collective deterrence."

The agreement declared a "shared commitment to further strengthening their collective security and to promoting peace, security and stability in the region and beyond."