Bahrain Revokes Nationality of 69 Individuals for Hailing Iranian Attacks

Bahrain Revokes Nationality of 69 Individuals for Hailing Iranian Attacks
TT

Bahrain Revokes Nationality of 69 Individuals for Hailing Iranian Attacks

Bahrain Revokes Nationality of 69 Individuals for Hailing Iranian Attacks

Bahraini sources said the authorities in Bahrain have revoked the nationality of individuals hailing the hostile acts carried out by Iran against Bahrain.

The sources said on Monday that, in implementation of the Royal directives, the nationality of 69 individuals of non-Bahraini origin has been revoked for sympathizing with and glorifying the criminal Iranian hostile acts.

Iran had launched repeated attacks on Bahrain and other Gulf states during the war it waged against the United States and Israel.

Last week, Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, King of Bahrain, tasked Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, with immediately initiating strict measures against those involved in undermining national security, including reviewing their entitlement to hold Bahraini nationality.

The Bahrain News Agency reported that King Hamad, during a meeting with senior officials in the Kingdom, said the state is proceeding with full resolve to address the repercussions of the war, noting the assignment of the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, in the coming phase, “to implement comprehensive and decisive measures, by establishing appropriate programmes to address any shortcomings identified, whether in defence or in the economy.”

This is in addition to “the immediate commencement of taking the necessary action against anyone who has allowed themselves to betray the nation or undermine its security and stability, and to consider who deserves Bahraini nationality and who does not, so that the necessary measures are applied against them, especially as the situation remains delicate, and we must rely on what is dictated by the national conscience, on the basis that the nation is a great trust in honour and custom, with no leniency in squandering it or failing in its duties.”



Saudi Arabia Condemns Cowardly Terrorist Attack on Military Base in Chad

Saudi Arabia Condemns Cowardly Terrorist Attack on Military Base in Chad
TT

Saudi Arabia Condemns Cowardly Terrorist Attack on Military Base in Chad

Saudi Arabia Condemns Cowardly Terrorist Attack on Military Base in Chad

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs expressed the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s condemnation and denunciation of the cowardly terrorist attack on a military base in the Republic of Chad, which resulted in the deaths and injuries of several security personnel.

In a statement, the ministry reiterated the Kingdom’s firm rejection of terrorist and extremist acts that attempt to undermine the security and stability of Chad and its brotherly people.

The statement said: “The Kingdom affirms its solidarity with and support for the government and people of the Republic of Chad in the wake of this painful tragedy, extending its sincere condolences and sympathy to the families of the victims and to the government and people of Chad, wishing the injured a speedy recovery.


Saudi FM Discusses Regional Developments with Portuguese Counterpart

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah
TT

Saudi FM Discusses Regional Developments with Portuguese Counterpart

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received a phone call from Portugal’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Paulo Rangel.

During the call, they discussed the latest developments in the region and efforts to maintain security and stability.


GCC Secretary-General Meets with UK Foreign Secretary in London

Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi
Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi
TT

GCC Secretary-General Meets with UK Foreign Secretary in London

Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi
Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi

Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi has met with UK’s Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs Yvette Cooper in London.

During Wednesday’s meeting, the two sides reviewed Gulf-British relations. They affirmed that the signing of the joint statement concluding the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) negotiations embodies a new, deeply rooted era for Gulf-British relations.

They also exchanged views on the latest regional developments, stressing the imporance of intensifying international and regional efforts to enhance security and stability.