UEFA Hands Lifetime Ban to Czech Coach who Secretly Filmed Female Players

UEFA Hands Lifetime Ban to Czech Coach who Secretly Filmed Female Players
TT

UEFA Hands Lifetime Ban to Czech Coach who Secretly Filmed Female Players

UEFA Hands Lifetime Ban to Czech Coach who Secretly Filmed Female Players

UEFA has issued a lifetime ban to Petr Vlachovsky, a Czech women's soccer coach who secretly filmed his players, the governing body announced on Tuesday.

Czech media reported that the coach was convicted in May 2025 and initially received a suspended one-year prison sentence and a five-year domestic coaching ban for filming FC Slovacko's players in changing rooms, the youngest of whom was 17.

In a statement, ⁠UEFA's Control, Ethics ⁠and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) said it had decided to ban Vlachovsky "from exercising any football-related activity for life" following the appointment of an Ethics and Disciplinary Inspector to investigate allegations of potential misconduct.

"The CEDB further ⁠decided to request FIFA to extend the abovementioned ban on a worldwide level and to order the Football Association of the Czech Republic to revoke Mr. Petr Vlachovsky’s coaching license," Reuters quoted the statement as saying.

FC Slovacko did not immediately respond to an emailed request for comment.

Football players' union FIFPRO welcomed the ban as well as UEFA's request for ⁠world ⁠soccer governing body FIFA to impose an international ban on Vlachovsky.

"This outcome sends a strong and necessary message that abusive and inappropriate behavior has no place in football and that safeguarding the wellbeing of players must remain a priority at every level of the game," FIFPRO added in a statement.

Vlachovsky had also previously served as coach of the Czech women's Under-19s team.



Al-Nassr Defeats Al-Diriyah to Reach Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Cup Round of 16

Félix celebrates scoring Al-Nassr's fourth goal. (Al-Nassr on X)
Félix celebrates scoring Al-Nassr's fourth goal. (Al-Nassr on X)
TT

Al-Nassr Defeats Al-Diriyah to Reach Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Cup Round of 16

Félix celebrates scoring Al-Nassr's fourth goal. (Al-Nassr on X)
Félix celebrates scoring Al-Nassr's fourth goal. (Al-Nassr on X)

Saudi Arabia’s Al-Nassr secured a place in the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Cup Round of 16 after a convincing 4-1 victory over Al Diriyah in their Round of 32 match at Alawwal Park in Riyadh on Tuesday.

Al-Diriyah took an early lead in the second minute through Óscar Rodríguez. However, Al-Nassr quickly responded with three goals from Mohamed Simakan in the 11th minute, João Félix in the 35th, and Abdullah Al-Hamdan in the 37th, ending the first half with a 3-1 lead.

In the 68th minute of the second half, Félix scored his second goal of the match and Al-Nassr's fourth.

Al-Nassr's coach Ange Postecoglou underscored his team's positive start, despite playing the match just two days after their previous encounter.

Postecoglou said his team conceded an early goal, but the players' reaction and the mentality helped them make a comeback and secure victory.

On Cristiano Ronaldo, Postecoglou said that Al-Nassr's captain is working very hard, noting his recent participation with the Portuguese national team in the World Cup.

He said he was training hard, expecting him to gradually feature prominently with Al-Nassr.


Real Madrid Officially Presents José Mourinho in a Closed-door Ceremony

File: Soccer Football - Pre Season Friendly - Schalke 04 v Real Madrid - Veltins-Arena, Gelsenkirchen, Germany - August 16, 2026 Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach
File: Soccer Football - Pre Season Friendly - Schalke 04 v Real Madrid - Veltins-Arena, Gelsenkirchen, Germany - August 16, 2026 Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach
TT

Real Madrid Officially Presents José Mourinho in a Closed-door Ceremony

File: Soccer Football - Pre Season Friendly - Schalke 04 v Real Madrid - Veltins-Arena, Gelsenkirchen, Germany - August 16, 2026 Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach
File: Soccer Football - Pre Season Friendly - Schalke 04 v Real Madrid - Veltins-Arena, Gelsenkirchen, Germany - August 16, 2026 Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach

In an unusual ceremony closed to the media and fans, Real Madrid officially presented coach José Mourinho on Tuesday.

The event took place at the club's headquarters in Madrid, with president Florentino Pérez welcoming the coach. The only images of the presentation were provided by Real Madrid TV and the club's website and social media accounts.

“I'm one of you,” Mourinho said in a message to fans in a video released by the club. “And not just today, but since I arrived in 2010 and after I left in 2013, always with you. ... To return to Real Madrid is to return home.”

Madrid said the coach was signed for three seasons until June 30, 2029.

After the signing, Madrid said Mourinho received a replica of the stadium, a watch and a jersey with his name.

Madrid has been revamped after a second consecutive season without a major title. In addition to Mourinho, who replaced Álvaro Arbeloa, the club also brought in players such as Marc Cucurella, Ibrahima Konaté, Denzel Dumfries, Bernardo Silva and Yan Diomande.

Kylian Mbappé, Vinícius Júnior and Jude Bellingham will lead the squad again as it tries to keep Barcelona from winning a third straight La Liga title. Mourinho was hired in June and officially took over in July at the start of the preseason.

He is back for a second stint with Madrid some 13 years after he left the club. He was in charge from 2010-13, winning a Spanish league and a Copa del Rey. He was more remembered for his confrontational personality that ended up splitting his own squad and alienating all but the most hardcore fans, as well as a large part of the local media.


Esports Foundation Postpones Inaugural Esports Nations Cup to November 2027

Esports Foundation Postpones Inaugural Esports Nations Cup to November 2027
TT

Esports Foundation Postpones Inaugural Esports Nations Cup to November 2027

Esports Foundation Postpones Inaugural Esports Nations Cup to November 2027

The Esports Foundation has postponed the inaugural Esports Nations Cup (ENC) in Riyadh from November 2026 to November 2027, following an ongoing regional assessment, consultations with key partners, and a commitment to match the high expectations of players, national teams, publishers, partners, and fans across more than 100 participating countries and territories.

The foundation affirmed that Saudi Arabia remains a safe, stable, and welcoming host for international sports and entertainment. It stressed that its commitment to staging the tournament and supporting the national esports ecosystem is unchanged, SPA reported.

All commitments under the ENC Development Fund and its programs remain fully active, with ongoing stakeholder coordination to manage the revised timeline.

Esports Foundation CEO Ralf Reichert noted that while the decision was not taken lightly, the positive global response underscores the event's immense potential. He emphasized the foundation's responsibility to deliver the inaugural edition under optimal conditions, confirming that investments in national partners, publisher collaborations, and national team ecosystems will continue unabated.

The global tournament aims to elevate the esports sector, create player pathways, advance national teams, and foster national identity.

In the coming weeks, the foundation will coordinate with stakeholders to clarify the revised schedule, qualifying rounds, and related operational details.