Gulf States Step Up Coordination after Iran Escalation

Gulf consultations and reciprocal visits followed Iranian attacks over the past 72 hours (QNA)
Gulf consultations and reciprocal visits followed Iranian attacks over the past 72 hours (QNA)
TT

Gulf States Step Up Coordination after Iran Escalation

Gulf consultations and reciprocal visits followed Iranian attacks over the past 72 hours (QNA)
Gulf consultations and reciprocal visits followed Iranian attacks over the past 72 hours (QNA)

Gulf states have sharply stepped up coordination after Iranian attacks hit several Gulf countries over the past 48 hours, holding nearly seven rounds of consultations so far, including two official visits, five phone calls and a series of official statements.

The latest attacks came at dawn on Thursday, when missiles targeted Bahrain and Qatar. Jordan also said it had intercepted Iranian missiles that had entered its airspace.

Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan discussed regional developments on Thursday with Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al Thani, Qatar’s prime minister and foreign minister, in a call Prince Faisal received from the Qatari official.

The two reviewed the latest developments in the military escalation between the United States and Iran over the past two days.

Qatar’s foreign minister condemned and rejected attacks on commercial ships in the Strait of Hormuz, despite a climate of calm and efforts to reduce escalation in the region.

He said such acts would undermine trust, threaten the security of international navigation and damage efforts to cement regional security and stability.

The two ministers stressed that all parties must commit to dialogue and diplomacy and implement what had been agreed under the memorandum of understanding, in a way that preserves regional security, protects gains achieved and strengthens regional stability.

Prince Faisal also spoke by phone with Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Sheikh Jarrah Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah. They discussed the latest regional developments, particularly the current escalation, efforts to reduce tensions and ways to advance diplomatic solutions.

The Saudi and Omani foreign ministers had discussed developments related to the Strait of Hormuz in Muscat on Wednesday.

They stressed the need to protect the security of waterways, ensure freedom of navigation, support efforts to strengthen regional security and stability, and settle disputes through dialogue and peaceful means.

On Wednesday, Bahraini Foreign Minister Dr. Abdullatif Al Zayani discussed with Prince Faisal “the latest regional developments, the heinous Iranian attacks on the Kingdom of Bahrain and the State of Kuwait, and the Iranian attacks that targeted the Saudi tanker Wadyan and the Qatari tanker Al-Rakiyat as they crossed the Strait of Hormuz.”

The Bahraini statement described the attacks as “a rejected assault on the security and safety of international navigation and global energy supplies, and a grave violation of international law and UN Security Council Resolution 2817.”

Separately, the Kuwait News Agency and the Emirates News Agency said Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, president of the United Arab Emirates, arrived in Kuwait on Thursday on a “fraternal visit.”

He was received by Kuwait’s Emir Sheikh Mishal Al-Ahmad, the crown prince, the prime minister and several senior Kuwaiti officials.

Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al Thani and Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the UAE’s deputy prime minister and foreign minister, also reviewed on Thursday “the latest developments in the military escalation between the United States and Iran over the past two days.”

Qatar’s prime minister again condemned and rejected “the attacks that targeted commercial ships in the Strait of Hormuz, despite the atmosphere of calm and efforts to reduce escalation in the region.”

He said such acts would undermine trust, threaten the security of international navigation and damage efforts to cement regional security and stability.

He urged all parties to commit to dialogue and diplomacy and implement what had been agreed under the memorandum of understanding, in a way that preserves regional security, protects gains achieved and strengthens regional stability.

Al Thani discussed the same issue with his Omani counterpart, Badr Al Busaidi, in a phone call on Thursday. He renewed Doha’s support for “all efforts aimed at containing the escalation and reaching a comprehensive agreement that helps consolidate security and stability and achieve sustainable peace in the region.”

The Kuwaiti army released the latest tally of Iranian attacks. A Kuwaiti Defense Ministry spokesman said the armed forces had detected three ballistic missiles, one cruise missile and 10 hostile drones inside Kuwaiti airspace at dawn on Thursday, and had intercepted and dealt with them successfully.

Bahrain Defense Force said, “The deliberate use of missiles and drones to target civilians and private property is a blatant violation of international humanitarian law.”



GCC, India Discuss Ministerial Meeting Set to be Held Next Month

Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi
Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi
TT

GCC, India Discuss Ministerial Meeting Set to be Held Next Month

Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi
Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi

Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi met in Riyadh on Sunday with Indian Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Shri Vipul.

During the meeting, the two sides reviewed a number of topics of common interest, most notably relations between the GCC and India, and ways to develop and enhance them in a manner that serves common interests.

They also discussed the latest developments regarding the launch of negotiations on the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the GCC and India, signed in February 2026, in addition to preparations for the GCC-India ministerial meeting scheduled to be held next September.

The two officials also exchanged views on the latest developments in the region and the world, affirming the importance of continuing coordination and consultation on issues of common interest.


GCC Secretary-General Holds Separate Meetings with South Korean, Georgian Ambassadors

Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Secretary-General Jasem Albudaiwi
Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Secretary-General Jasem Albudaiwi
TT

GCC Secretary-General Holds Separate Meetings with South Korean, Georgian Ambassadors

Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Secretary-General Jasem Albudaiwi
Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Secretary-General Jasem Albudaiwi

Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi met in Riyadh on Sunday with South Korean Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Kang Shin-chul.

During the meeting, the two sides discussed several topics of common interest, most notably GCC-Korean ties and the latest developments on the signing of the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the GCC and South Korea, SPA reported.

They also exchanged views on developments in the region, and international and regional efforts aimed at enhancing security and stability.

Albudaiwi also met with Ambassador of Georgia to the Kingdom Nikoloz Revazishvili.

During the meeting, the two sides discussed a number of topics related to strengthening relations between the GCC and Georgia, as well as ways to develop them in a manner that serves common interests, including the latest developments regarding the Joint Action Plan for 2022–2026.

They also discussed the latest developments in the region and the world and exchanged views on a number of issues of common interest.


Senior Officials, Business Leaders to Attend French-Saudi Roundtable on Monday

Saudi Crown Prince during a previous meeting with the French president at the Élysée Palace in Paris (SPA).
Saudi Crown Prince during a previous meeting with the French president at the Élysée Palace in Paris (SPA).
TT

Senior Officials, Business Leaders to Attend French-Saudi Roundtable on Monday

Saudi Crown Prince during a previous meeting with the French president at the Élysée Palace in Paris (SPA).
Saudi Crown Prince during a previous meeting with the French president at the Élysée Palace in Paris (SPA).

As part of the official visit of Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, to France, Paris will host the French-Saudi Investment Roundtable Meeting on Monday.

Organized by the Ministry of Investment, the roundtable will bring together senior government officials, business leaders, and CEOs of major companies from both countries.

The roundtable will feature strategic discussions among business leaders on industrial partnerships, transportation and logistics, artificial intelligence, and digital infrastructure. Several agreements and memoranda of understanding covering a range of sectors are also expected to be signed.

The meeting builds on the growing economic and investment ties between Saudi Arabia and France.

It supports joint efforts to expand cooperation, strengthen partnerships between the two countries’ business communities, and translate promising opportunities into high-quality investments and projects that advance their shared interests.