MWL Commends Resolutions of Riyadh’s Islamic-Arab Summit

Logo of the Muslim World League (Photo: MWL website)
Logo of the Muslim World League (Photo: MWL website)
TT

MWL Commends Resolutions of Riyadh’s Islamic-Arab Summit

Logo of the Muslim World League (Photo: MWL website)
Logo of the Muslim World League (Photo: MWL website)

The Muslim World League (MWL) on Sunday welcomed the resolutions of the Joint Arab Islamic Extraordinary Summit, held a day earlier in Riyadh.

The League also declared complete support for the Palestinian people's right to freedom and to an independent sovereign state on all their national territory.

In a statement, MWL’s Secretary General Sheikh Mohammad al-Issa said the league agrees with the summit's statements on the right of the Palestinian people to freedom and an independent state.

He called for convening an international peace conference as soon as possible, through which a credible peace process could be launched based on international law, international resolutions, and the principle of land for peace within a defined timeframe and with international guarantees.

“The process should have a specific timeline and international guarantees to lead to an end to the occupation,” the Secretary General said.

Al-Issa also affirmed the validity of the statements made, which rejected the characterization of Israel’s retaliatory war as self-defense.

He emphasized the condemnation of the killing and targeting of civilians, grounding this stance in humanitarian values and alignment with international and humanitarian law.

The Secretary General then stressed the urgency for the international community to take immediate and decisive action to halt the killing and targeting of Palestinian civilians.

He underscored the fundamental principle that there should be no disparity in valuing human life regardless of nationality, race or religion.

Al-Issa then praised the summit's resolutions asking to break the siege on Gaza and allow the entry of aid convoys, denouncing the double standards in applying international law and warning that this duplicity both undermines the credibility of multilateral action and exposes the selectivity in upholding humanitarian values.

He thanked the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince and Prime Minister Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud for hosting the summit which reflects the Kingdom’s unwavering commitment to supporting Palestinian rights and alleviating their suffering.

Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries called on Saturday for an immediate end to military operations in Gaza, rejecting Israel's justification of its actions against Palestinians as self-defense.

The extraordinary joint Islamic-Arab summit in Riyadh urged the International Criminal Court to investigate “war crimes and crimes against humanity that Israel is committing” in the Palestinian territories, according to a final communique.



Saudi Arabia Condemns Cowardly Terrorist Attack on Military Base in Chad

Saudi Arabia Condemns Cowardly Terrorist Attack on Military Base in Chad
TT

Saudi Arabia Condemns Cowardly Terrorist Attack on Military Base in Chad

Saudi Arabia Condemns Cowardly Terrorist Attack on Military Base in Chad

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs expressed the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s condemnation and denunciation of the cowardly terrorist attack on a military base in the Republic of Chad, which resulted in the deaths and injuries of several security personnel.

In a statement, the ministry reiterated the Kingdom’s firm rejection of terrorist and extremist acts that attempt to undermine the security and stability of Chad and its brotherly people.

The statement said: “The Kingdom affirms its solidarity with and support for the government and people of the Republic of Chad in the wake of this painful tragedy, extending its sincere condolences and sympathy to the families of the victims and to the government and people of Chad, wishing the injured a speedy recovery.


Saudi FM Discusses Regional Developments with Portuguese Counterpart

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah
TT

Saudi FM Discusses Regional Developments with Portuguese Counterpart

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received a phone call from Portugal’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Paulo Rangel.

During the call, they discussed the latest developments in the region and efforts to maintain security and stability.


GCC Secretary-General Meets with UK Foreign Secretary in London

Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi
Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi
TT

GCC Secretary-General Meets with UK Foreign Secretary in London

Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi
Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi

Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi has met with UK’s Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs Yvette Cooper in London.

During Wednesday’s meeting, the two sides reviewed Gulf-British relations. They affirmed that the signing of the joint statement concluding the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) negotiations embodies a new, deeply rooted era for Gulf-British relations.

They also exchanged views on the latest regional developments, stressing the imporance of intensifying international and regional efforts to enhance security and stability.