Saudi Arabia: Int’l Community Must Assume Responsibility to Reach Immediate Ceasefire in Gaza 

Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah speaks during a round table meeting with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and his Arab and Islamic counterparts at the Diaoyutai state guesthouse in Beijing, Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (AP)
Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah speaks during a round table meeting with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and his Arab and Islamic counterparts at the Diaoyutai state guesthouse in Beijing, Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (AP)
TT

Saudi Arabia: Int’l Community Must Assume Responsibility to Reach Immediate Ceasefire in Gaza 

Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah speaks during a round table meeting with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and his Arab and Islamic counterparts at the Diaoyutai state guesthouse in Beijing, Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (AP)
Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah speaks during a round table meeting with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and his Arab and Islamic counterparts at the Diaoyutai state guesthouse in Beijing, Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (AP)

Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah stressed on Monday the need for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza.

He also underlined the need to increase aid allowed into the Palestinian coastal enclave given the total siege imposed by Israel since Hamas’ Al-Aqsa Flood operation on October 7.

He warned that Gaza is suffering from a stifling humanitarian disaster, urging the international community to assume its responsibility to make Israel stop its violations.

Prince Faisal made his remarks in China where he, along with his Muslim and Arab counterparts, were visiting as part of a committee that was formed in wake of the extraordinary Arab League and Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) summit that was held in Riyadh earlier this month to tackle the conflict in Gaza.

The committee, led by Prince Faisal, has been tasked with visiting influential countries to push for a ceasefire. China was the first stop of their tour.

“There are still dangerous developments ahead of us and an urgent humanitarian crisis that requires an international mobilization to deal with and counter it,” he said.

He added they appreciated the resolution issued by the United Nations Security Council, calling for urgent and extended humanitarian pauses in Gaza, “but we still need more efforts and cooperation.”

The committee met with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi in Beijing on Monday. It includes Qatari Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani, Jordan’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Ayman Safadi, Egypt’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Sameh Shoukry, Palestinian Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Riyad Al-Maliki, Türkiye’s Minister for Foreign Affairs Hakan Fidan, Indonesia’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno Marsudi, Nigeria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Yusuf Maitama Tuggar, Secretary-General of the Arab League Ahmed Aboul Gheit, and OIC Secretary General Hussein Ibrahim Taha.

China’s top diplomat welcomed the ministers, saying his country would work with “our brothers and sisters” in the Arab and Islamic world to try to end the war in Gaza as soon as possible.

Wang told the foreign diplomats that their decision to start in Beijing shows their high level of trust in his nation.

“China is a good friend and brother of Arab and Islamic countries,” Wang said in opening remarks at a state guest house before their talks began. “We have always firmly safeguarded the legitimate rights and interests of Arab (and) Islamic countries and have always firmly supported the just cause of the Palestinian people.”

China has long backed the Palestinians and been quick to denounce Israel over its settlements in the occupied territories.

The five foreign ministers will visit a number of capitals in an effort to pursue a ceasefire, get aid into Gaza and end the war, Prince Faisal said last weekend.

Israel's retaliatory strikes on the Gaza Strip have so far killed more than 11,500 people, according to Palestinian health authorities. Another 2,700 have been reported missing, believed buried in rubble.

“This isn’t Israel’s first war against the Palestinian people,” said Al-Maliki, the Palestinian Authority foreign minister. “However, Israel wants this to be its last war, where it takes full control of the Palestinian people’s presence on what’s left of the historical land of Palestine.”



King Salman Directs Disbursement of over SAR3 Billion as Ramadan Assistance for Social Security Beneficiaries

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)
TT

King Salman Directs Disbursement of over SAR3 Billion as Ramadan Assistance for Social Security Beneficiaries

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, upon the recommendation of Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, has directed the disbursement of more than SAR3 billion in Ramadan assistance to social security beneficiaries, SPA reported.

The directive reflects the leadership’s commitment to addressing the needs of beneficiary families and ensuring their requirements are met during the holy month of Ramadan.

The generous assistance includes SAR1,000 for the head of each household and SAR500 for each dependent. The amounts are expected to be deposited directly into the beneficiaries’ bank accounts within the coming hours.

Minister of Human Resources and Social Development Ahmed Al-Rajhi expressed his gratitude and appreciation to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and the Crown Prince for this generous gesture toward social security beneficiaries and for their continued attention to citizens’ needs during Ramadan.


Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
TT

Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz inspected the readiness of the Grand Mosque and its facilities, conducting a field tour to review operational and service preparations for receiving worshippers and Umrah performers during the holy month of Ramadan, reported the Saudi Press Agency on Tuesday.

Prince Saud was briefed on the operational plans implemented by the relevant authorities, including crowd management mechanisms, service enhancements, and facility preparations aimed at ensuring smooth movement and enhancing comfort and safety levels for visitors to the Grand Mosque, particularly during peak times.

He reviewed developmental initiatives and smart services supporting the operational system, notably electric mobility carts for transporting the elderly, persons with disabilities, and those in need of assistance within the Grand Mosque.

The tour also included an overview of the efforts of guidance teams deployed across the corridors and courtyards of the Grand Mosque, providing multilingual assistance and direction.

Prince Saud reviewed the interactive map and digital mobility platform, which allows visitors to plan their routes in advance and identify service locations, entrances and exits, and less crowded pathways.

He was briefed on crowd management systems, including the visitor density sensor platform that measures human density in real time, and the Tawaf and Sa’i crowd status display service, which allows worshippers to select appropriate times to perform rituals with ease. Models of the modern multilingual guidance system were also reviewed.

Prince Saud also visited the Smart Engineering Command and Control Center, which serves as an advanced central platform linking operational systems and monitoring performance in real time, boosting operational efficiency and raising readiness levels during Ramadan.


Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, have provided two generous donations amounting to SAR150 million through the Jood Eskan platform.

The move aligns with the leadership's commitment to supporting all national efforts and initiatives to provide suitable housing for deserving families.

Minister of Municipalities and Housing and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Developmental Housing Foundation (Sakan) Majed Al-Hogail expressed his deep gratitude to the leadership for its unwavering support to all national efforts and initiatives aimed at providing suitable housing for eligible families across the Kingdom.

He noted the effective impact of previous generous donations in achieving the goals of housing development, and motivating individuals and institutions to donate through the Jood Eskan platform that is based on community giving that helps provide decent housing and boosts stability and quality of life for deserving families.