Gulf Countries Condemn Israel’s Attack on Iran 

People walk past traffic in front of a building targeted by an Israeli strike in the Iranian capital Tehran on June 13, 2025. (AFP)
People walk past traffic in front of a building targeted by an Israeli strike in the Iranian capital Tehran on June 13, 2025. (AFP)
TT

Gulf Countries Condemn Israel’s Attack on Iran 

People walk past traffic in front of a building targeted by an Israeli strike in the Iranian capital Tehran on June 13, 2025. (AFP)
People walk past traffic in front of a building targeted by an Israeli strike in the Iranian capital Tehran on June 13, 2025. (AFP)

The United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Oman strongly condemned on Friday Israel’s strikes against Iran.

The UAE’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs “stressed the importance of exercising the utmost self-restraint and judgment” and urged against the conflict’s expansion, warning of its repercussions on regional security and stability.

It reiterated the UAE’s position that boosting dialogue, adhering to international law, and respecting the sovereignty of states are “essential principles for resolving the current crises.”

It stressed the need to “resolve disputes through diplomatic means rather than confrontation and escalation,” calling on the United Nations Security Council to take “urgent and necessary measures to achieve a ceasefire, and to reinforce international peace and security.”

Qatar, which has served as a key mediator in the Israel-Hamas war, said the attack was “a blatant violation of Iran’s sovereignty and security, as well as a clear breach of international law and its established principles.”

A Foreign Ministry statement expressed Qatar’s “grave concern over this dangerous escalation, which forms part of a recurring pattern of aggressive policies that threaten regional peace and stability, and hinder efforts aimed at de-escalation and diplomatic resolution.”

It underscored the urgent need “for the international community to assume its legal and moral responsibilities and to act swiftly to halt these Israeli violations.”

It reiterated its firm position in rejecting all forms of violence, renewing its call for restraint and the avoidance of escalation that could widen the scope of conflict and undermine regional security and stability.

Oman, which is mediating nuclear talks between the US and Iran, said it considers the attack “a dangerous, reckless escalation, representing a flagrant violation of the UN Charter and the principles of international law. Such aggressive, persistent behavior is unacceptable and further destabilizes the regional peace and security.”

“The Sultanate of Oman holds Israel responsible for this escalation and its consequences, and calls upon the international community to adopt a firm and unequivocal stance to halt this dangerous course of action,” it added.

Israel launched a wave of strikes across Iran on Friday that targeted its nuclear program and military sites, killing top military officers and raising the prospect of an all-out war between the two bitter adversaries.

Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei said Friday Israel will face “severe punishment,” as state-run IRNA news agency confirmed top military officials and scientists had been killed in the attack.

An Israeli military official said that the Israeli Air Force targeted Iranian nuclear and military sites, without identifying them.

The attack comes as tensions have reached new heights over Tehran’s rapidly advancing nuclear program. The Board of Governors at the International Atomic Energy Agency for the first time in 20 years on Thursday censured Iran over it not working with its inspectors. Iran immediately announced it would establish a third enrichment site in the country and swap out some centrifuges for more advanced ones.

Israel for years has warned it will not allow Iran to build a nuclear weapon, something Tehran insists it doesn’t want though officials there have repeatedly warned it could.



Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
TT

Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz inspected the readiness of the Grand Mosque and its facilities, conducting a field tour to review operational and service preparations for receiving worshippers and Umrah performers during the holy month of Ramadan, reported the Saudi Press Agency on Tuesday.

Prince Saud was briefed on the operational plans implemented by the relevant authorities, including crowd management mechanisms, service enhancements, and facility preparations aimed at ensuring smooth movement and enhancing comfort and safety levels for visitors to the Grand Mosque, particularly during peak times.

He reviewed developmental initiatives and smart services supporting the operational system, notably electric mobility carts for transporting the elderly, persons with disabilities, and those in need of assistance within the Grand Mosque.

The tour also included an overview of the efforts of guidance teams deployed across the corridors and courtyards of the Grand Mosque, providing multilingual assistance and direction.

Prince Saud reviewed the interactive map and digital mobility platform, which allows visitors to plan their routes in advance and identify service locations, entrances and exits, and less crowded pathways.

He was briefed on crowd management systems, including the visitor density sensor platform that measures human density in real time, and the Tawaf and Sa’i crowd status display service, which allows worshippers to select appropriate times to perform rituals with ease. Models of the modern multilingual guidance system were also reviewed.

Prince Saud also visited the Smart Engineering Command and Control Center, which serves as an advanced central platform linking operational systems and monitoring performance in real time, boosting operational efficiency and raising readiness levels during Ramadan.


Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, have provided two generous donations amounting to SAR150 million through the Jood Eskan platform.

The move aligns with the leadership's commitment to supporting all national efforts and initiatives to provide suitable housing for deserving families.

Minister of Municipalities and Housing and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Developmental Housing Foundation (Sakan) Majed Al-Hogail expressed his deep gratitude to the leadership for its unwavering support to all national efforts and initiatives aimed at providing suitable housing for eligible families across the Kingdom.

He noted the effective impact of previous generous donations in achieving the goals of housing development, and motivating individuals and institutions to donate through the Jood Eskan platform that is based on community giving that helps provide decent housing and boosts stability and quality of life for deserving families.


Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.