New Saudi Support for Yemen’s Budget, Fuel Supply to Power Electricity Stations

 Yemeni Prime Minister Salem bin Braik Saudi Ambassador to Yemen and SDRPY Supervisor Mohammed bin Saeed Al Jaber during the signing of one of the agreements. (Turki Al-Agili)
Yemeni Prime Minister Salem bin Braik Saudi Ambassador to Yemen and SDRPY Supervisor Mohammed bin Saeed Al Jaber during the signing of one of the agreements. (Turki Al-Agili)
TT

New Saudi Support for Yemen’s Budget, Fuel Supply to Power Electricity Stations

 Yemeni Prime Minister Salem bin Braik Saudi Ambassador to Yemen and SDRPY Supervisor Mohammed bin Saeed Al Jaber during the signing of one of the agreements. (Turki Al-Agili)
Yemeni Prime Minister Salem bin Braik Saudi Ambassador to Yemen and SDRPY Supervisor Mohammed bin Saeed Al Jaber during the signing of one of the agreements. (Turki Al-Agili)

Saudi Arabia has launched a new phase in its ongoing support for the Yemeni government by signing two development agreements and a memorandum of cooperation with Yemen through the Saudi Program for the Development and Reconstruction of Yemen (SDRPY).

The agreements aim to boost economic stability, improve basic services, and build institutional capacity.

On September 20, Saudi Arabia announced an additional $368 million (SAR 1.38 billion) in aid to the Yemeni people through the program.

The agreements include direct support to help the Yemeni government cover its budget deficit and address urgent economic and development challenges. They also provide fuel supplies needed to operate power plants across different provinces, improving services and increasing electricity availability for citizens.

The memorandum of cooperation signed with Yemen’s Ministry of Interior aims to strengthen the ministry’s institutional, technical, and technological capacities. It also seeks to enhance knowledge sharing with Saudi counterparts to boost operational efficiency and develop the ministry’s infrastructure.

Yemeni Prime Minister Salem bin Braik hailed the Saudi assistance as a “new milestone” in the enduring partnership between the two countries.

He said the agreements address core needs of the Yemeni people and reflect a broader phase of effective cooperation in supporting the state budget, powering electricity plants, and building the institutional capacities of the Interior Ministry.

“What we are signing today is not just financial support or development programs. It is a sincere expression of a firm and principled position by the Kingdom, standing by Yemen in its struggle for stability and recovery,” bin Braik said.

“Under the leadership of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and the Crown Prince, the Kingdom has always been a reliable supporter in times of hardship and a partner in nation-building. This support is not a temporary reaction, but a strategic choice rooted in deep historical ties between our two nations,” he stressed.

The prime minister added that the Saudi contribution will provide a strong boost to Yemen’s economic reform and recovery efforts, enabling the government to meet its obligations. He noted that 85 percent of the support will be allocated to paying public sector salaries.

Saudi Ambassador to Yemen and SDRPY Supervisor Mohammed bin Saeed Al Jaber said the initiative marks another milestone in the close cooperation between the two countries.

“This support reflects the Kingdom’s ongoing commitment to Yemen and directly addresses its economic, service, and institutional needs,” he stated.

The SDRPY has so far implemented 265 projects and initiatives in eight key sectors: education, health, water, energy, transport, agriculture and fisheries, capacity building for government institutions, and development programs across various provinces.



Etidal, Telegram Remove over 34 Million Extremist Items

The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space. SPA
The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space. SPA
TT

Etidal, Telegram Remove over 34 Million Extremist Items

The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space. SPA
The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space. SPA

Joint efforts by the Global Center for Combating Extremist Ideology (Etidal) and Telegram led to the removal of 34,290,268 items of extremist content and the closure of 1,275 channels used to disseminate and promote such material during the first half of 2026.

The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space.

Since the collaboration began in February 2022 through June 30, 2026, a total of 292,597,845 items of extremist content have been removed and 20,362 channels closed.

The continued cooperation underscores the effectiveness of joint efforts by Etidal and Telegram in curbing the spread of extremist propaganda and contributing to a safer digital environment.


Saudi Royal Orders Transform Ehsan Platform into Independent Non-Profit Foundation

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Royal Orders Transform Ehsan Platform into Independent Non-Profit Foundation

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz issued on Thursday a Royal Order to transform the National Platform for Charitable Work (Ehsan) into an independent non-profit foundation under the name "Ehsan Foundation for Charitable Work".

The foundation aims to strengthen charitable work and connect donors with beneficiaries by providing diverse donation opportunities, enabling individuals and companies to donate, and, in coordination with government and private entities, enhancing the efficiency of the non-profit sector in the Kingdom.

Another Royal Order was issued to form the Board of Trustees of the Ehsan Foundation for Charitable Work, chaired by Dr. Majid Al-Kassabi and his deputy Ahmed Al-Rajhi. The membership term is three years that can be renewed.

The board includes Dr. Abdullah bin Sharaf Al-Ghamdi, governor of the General Authority for Awqaf, Eng. Abdulrahman bin Ibrahim bin Abdulrahman Al-Ruwaitea, Adib bin Abdullah bin Hamad Al-Zamil, Princess Nouf bint Mohammed bin Abdullah bin Mohammed Al Abdulrahman, Dr. Abdulrahman bin Abdulmohsen bin Mohammed Al-Khalaf, and Emad bin Abdulqader bin Abdulmohsen Al-Muhaideb.

For more than five years, the Ehsan platform has received support and enabled contributions from all segments of society. As a result, the platform has received more than 440 million donations totaling SAR17 billion, underscoring society's confidence in the platform's role in empowering the Kingdom's charitable sector and its commitment to charitable giving across various fields.

This institutional transformation represents a major step toward achieving the objectives and future aspirations of charitable work in the Kingdom by strengthening the Ehsan Foundation for Charitable Work's ability to promote innovation and develop Ehsan platform services. It will also support programs, services and non-profit donation platforms and contribute to unifying technical and professional efforts in charitable and development work.


Saudi Ambassador Inaugurates 3rd Phase of Lebanese Land Exports to the Kingdom

Part of Thursday’s inauguration ceremony. SPA
Part of Thursday’s inauguration ceremony. SPA
TT

Saudi Ambassador Inaugurates 3rd Phase of Lebanese Land Exports to the Kingdom

Part of Thursday’s inauguration ceremony. SPA
Part of Thursday’s inauguration ceremony. SPA

Saudi Ambassador to Lebanon Fahd bin Abdulrahman Al-Dosari inaugurated on Thursday the third phase of Lebanese exports to the Kingdom.

Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister Mohammed bin Salman had ordered the resumption of Lebanese exports to the Kingdom.

The exports will pass through the Masnaa border crossing between Lebanon and Syria.

Thursday’s inauguration ceremony was attended by Lebanese Minister of Public Works and Transport Fayez Rasamny, representing the prime minister, along with several government officials.

Rasamny praised the Kingdom’s decision to resume imports of Lebanese products, describing it as a direct support for the national economy and a step that opens new opportunities for Lebanese producers.

The ceremony also included the activation of the scanner at Masnaa. This was followed by an inspection visit to the site designated for the establishment of a new land border crossing center.