Kuwaiti Emir to Conduct Gulf Tour to Resolve Qatar Crisis

Kuwait's Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah attends the opening of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) summit in Doha December 3, 2007.   REUTERS/Fadi Al-Assaad
Kuwait's Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah attends the opening of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) summit in Doha December 3, 2007. REUTERS/Fadi Al-Assaad
TT

Kuwaiti Emir to Conduct Gulf Tour to Resolve Qatar Crisis

Kuwait's Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah attends the opening of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) summit in Doha December 3, 2007.   REUTERS/Fadi Al-Assaad
Kuwait's Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah attends the opening of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) summit in Doha December 3, 2007. REUTERS/Fadi Al-Assaad

Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al Sabah is expected to start a Gulf tour this week as part of his efforts to resolve the Qatari crisis ahead of a Gulf summit in Kuwait next December.

The holding of the summit is faced by several obstacles, including the boycott imposed by a number of Gulf States on Doha on the basis of Qatar’s policy that contributes to destabilizing the region and the Arab world.

“Talks between the Saudi and Kuwaiti sides will focus on the ongoing rift between Qatar and the quartet countries, the means to address differences at the negotiating table and finding solutions that will resolve the crisis radically,” Germany’s official news agency quoted a Saudi source as saying.

The sources refused to comment on current reports suggesting that a close solution to the crisis could be reached by holding a meeting of the leaders of the six Gulf countries and Egypt at a summit hosted by Kuwait according to a specific roadmap with the guarantee of the Emir of Kuwait.

“The wisdom and experience of Sheikh Sabah will facilitate the achievement of practical solutions that ensure Qatar’s abidance by the basic principles required by the four countries, the adoption of procedures to converge views based on the commitment to the six principles adopted in 2013, their implementation mechanism, which was issued in 2014, and the written commitment by the Emir of Qatar to implement them,” the sources noted.

Last week, Kuwait’s deputy foreign minister, Khalid al-Jarallah, said that Kuwait had not yet sent invitations to Gulf Arab leaders for the Gulf Summit.

“It was usual at every Gulf summit to send invitations before an appropriate time, but it is too early to talk about these invitations now and send them to our brothers in the Gulf States,” he said.

Jarallah said he was optimistic about reaching a solution to the crisis. He also expressed hope that the dispute between Gulf brothers would be addressed ahead of the upcoming Gulf summit.

“The Kuwaiti mediation efforts to resolve the Gulf crisis will not fail and will continue with the help of the United States,” he said late last month.



Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
TT

Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz inspected the readiness of the Grand Mosque and its facilities, conducting a field tour to review operational and service preparations for receiving worshippers and Umrah performers during the holy month of Ramadan, reported the Saudi Press Agency on Tuesday.

Prince Saud was briefed on the operational plans implemented by the relevant authorities, including crowd management mechanisms, service enhancements, and facility preparations aimed at ensuring smooth movement and enhancing comfort and safety levels for visitors to the Grand Mosque, particularly during peak times.

He reviewed developmental initiatives and smart services supporting the operational system, notably electric mobility carts for transporting the elderly, persons with disabilities, and those in need of assistance within the Grand Mosque.

The tour also included an overview of the efforts of guidance teams deployed across the corridors and courtyards of the Grand Mosque, providing multilingual assistance and direction.

Prince Saud reviewed the interactive map and digital mobility platform, which allows visitors to plan their routes in advance and identify service locations, entrances and exits, and less crowded pathways.

He was briefed on crowd management systems, including the visitor density sensor platform that measures human density in real time, and the Tawaf and Sa’i crowd status display service, which allows worshippers to select appropriate times to perform rituals with ease. Models of the modern multilingual guidance system were also reviewed.

Prince Saud also visited the Smart Engineering Command and Control Center, which serves as an advanced central platform linking operational systems and monitoring performance in real time, boosting operational efficiency and raising readiness levels during Ramadan.


Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, have provided two generous donations amounting to SAR150 million through the Jood Eskan platform.

The move aligns with the leadership's commitment to supporting all national efforts and initiatives to provide suitable housing for deserving families.

Minister of Municipalities and Housing and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Developmental Housing Foundation (Sakan) Majed Al-Hogail expressed his deep gratitude to the leadership for its unwavering support to all national efforts and initiatives aimed at providing suitable housing for eligible families across the Kingdom.

He noted the effective impact of previous generous donations in achieving the goals of housing development, and motivating individuals and institutions to donate through the Jood Eskan platform that is based on community giving that helps provide decent housing and boosts stability and quality of life for deserving families.


Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.