Saudi Arabia Freezes Accounts of Suspects Arrested in Anti-corruption Probe

A handout picture provided by the Saudi Royal Palace shows Saudi Deputy Crown Prince and Defence Minister Mohammed bin Salman (C) attending the military parade.— AFP/Saudi Royal Palace/Bandour Al-Jaloud.
A handout picture provided by the Saudi Royal Palace shows Saudi Deputy Crown Prince and Defence Minister Mohammed bin Salman (C) attending the military parade.— AFP/Saudi Royal Palace/Bandour Al-Jaloud.
TT

Saudi Arabia Freezes Accounts of Suspects Arrested in Anti-corruption Probe

A handout picture provided by the Saudi Royal Palace shows Saudi Deputy Crown Prince and Defence Minister Mohammed bin Salman (C) attending the military parade.— AFP/Saudi Royal Palace/Bandour Al-Jaloud.
A handout picture provided by the Saudi Royal Palace shows Saudi Deputy Crown Prince and Defence Minister Mohammed bin Salman (C) attending the military parade.— AFP/Saudi Royal Palace/Bandour Al-Jaloud.

Saudi authorities announced on Sunday a decision to freeze the bank accounts of figures previously arrested for their involvement in corruption cases.

The Saudi Information Ministry said through the Saudi Center of International Communication that the sums linked to the corruption cases and which are currently present in the bank accounts of the arrested suspects, would be returned to the Kingdom’s treasury.

Meanwhile, Asharq Al-Awsat learned on Sunday that the security apparatus operating in Saudi airports have enforced strict measures on the private planes of several figures, before their taking off.

The sources said that the Saudi security members prevented any private plane from leaving airports across the Kingdom before receiving a permit.

“Security members were seen in the lounges of private jets to monitor the situation and to make sure that no plane leaves the Kingdom without a permit,” the sources said.

They added that no decree was issued to prevent the taking off of private jets, however, additional security members were seen in the airports with a list of specific names who should be prevented from leaving.

Meanwhile, the Kingdom’s Attorney General Sheikh Saud Al-Mojeb said that the anti-corruption probe would treat everyone with “the same rights and treatment as any other Saudi citizen.”

Al-Mojeb said all parties are considered innocent until proven guilty, but added that a suspect’s position or status will “not influence the fair application of justice.”

The Attorney General said Sunday the newly formed anti-corruption committee headed by the Crown Prince is conducting investigations to ensure transparency and good governance.

Reuters said on Sunday that the Saudi anti-corruption measures were met by popular satisfaction, as Saudi nationals who spoke with the news agency had described the step as important to correct mistakes.

Saudi Arabia had launched on Saturday a strict campaign to fight corruption involving princes and ministers after the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud issued a royal decree to form a supreme committee that could identify offenses, crimes, persons and entities involved in cases of public corruption.

At least 11 princes, 4 sitting ministers and ‘tens’ of former ministers have been arrested on orders from the new anti-corruption committee headed by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on Saturday evening.



Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
TT

Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz inspected the readiness of the Grand Mosque and its facilities, conducting a field tour to review operational and service preparations for receiving worshippers and Umrah performers during the holy month of Ramadan, reported the Saudi Press Agency on Tuesday.

Prince Saud was briefed on the operational plans implemented by the relevant authorities, including crowd management mechanisms, service enhancements, and facility preparations aimed at ensuring smooth movement and enhancing comfort and safety levels for visitors to the Grand Mosque, particularly during peak times.

He reviewed developmental initiatives and smart services supporting the operational system, notably electric mobility carts for transporting the elderly, persons with disabilities, and those in need of assistance within the Grand Mosque.

The tour also included an overview of the efforts of guidance teams deployed across the corridors and courtyards of the Grand Mosque, providing multilingual assistance and direction.

Prince Saud reviewed the interactive map and digital mobility platform, which allows visitors to plan their routes in advance and identify service locations, entrances and exits, and less crowded pathways.

He was briefed on crowd management systems, including the visitor density sensor platform that measures human density in real time, and the Tawaf and Sa’i crowd status display service, which allows worshippers to select appropriate times to perform rituals with ease. Models of the modern multilingual guidance system were also reviewed.

Prince Saud also visited the Smart Engineering Command and Control Center, which serves as an advanced central platform linking operational systems and monitoring performance in real time, boosting operational efficiency and raising readiness levels during Ramadan.


Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, have provided two generous donations amounting to SAR150 million through the Jood Eskan platform.

The move aligns with the leadership's commitment to supporting all national efforts and initiatives to provide suitable housing for deserving families.

Minister of Municipalities and Housing and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Developmental Housing Foundation (Sakan) Majed Al-Hogail expressed his deep gratitude to the leadership for its unwavering support to all national efforts and initiatives aimed at providing suitable housing for eligible families across the Kingdom.

He noted the effective impact of previous generous donations in achieving the goals of housing development, and motivating individuals and institutions to donate through the Jood Eskan platform that is based on community giving that helps provide decent housing and boosts stability and quality of life for deserving families.


Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.