The anti-corruption campaign in Saudi Arabia is coming to an end after a number of those summoned by the Supreme Committee to Combat Corruption returned to their homes, including those who had been accused of corruption, witnesses and those with relevant information.
Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, owner of the Kingdom Holding, returned home after being summoned by the Public Prosecution, Reuters reported.
He arrived to his home Saturday morning, a source from his family members told the agency.
News circulated recently stated that the investigation period was over, after several former officials and businessmen had been seen back in their homes through images that went viral on social media.
In a 30 minutes Televised interview with Reuters, Prince Al Waleed bin Talal said: “I have nothing to hide at all. I'm so comfortable, I'm like at home, frankly speaking.”
The interview included a tour in his suite.
The prince said one of the main reasons for granting the interview was to disprove rumors that he was mistreated and that he had been transferred from the hotel to prison.
The prince said he was able to communicate with family members and executives at his business during his time of investigation.
He also highlighted all comfort amenities that were available to him, including a private office, dining room and kitchen, which was fully stocked with his preferred vegetarian meals.
A television played business news programs, and a mug with an image of his own face on it was perched on the desk.
After freedom, the prince said, he plans to continue living in Saudi Arabia and getting back to run his business.
"I will not leave Saudi Arabia, for sure. This is my country."