Saudi-Led Coalition Intercepts Houthi Missile Over Marib
Arab coalition air defenses intercepted on Sunday a ballistic missile fired by Houthis on the Yemeni northeastern governorate of Marib, the Yemeni internationally-recognized government's army reported.
"The Patriot system has intercepted a ballistic missile over Marib," the government forces' media center tweeted.
The missile was fire by the Houthis Sunday at noon, the center added without further details.
This is the second missile fired by the group at Marib in 24 hours, after the first fell Saturday near the house of a tribal sheikh in the al-Wadi district.
In a related development, the Yemeni Army foiled Saturday evening a Houthi attempt to sneak into a military site in Sirwah (in the west of Marib), inflicting casualties on the militia's ranks.
Moreover, the Yemen Army Media reported that the Houthis have committed 40 breaches of the two-week ceasefire announced by the Arab coalition on Wednesday nd started on Thursday.
Insurgents launched in the early hours of the morning five attacks in Sirwah, al-Mashjah, and al-Makhdra in west of Maarib, in addition to sites in al-Siahi in the west of Taiz and army locations in Najd Al-Ataq in the east of Sanaa.
Yemeni Minister of Defense Lieutenant General Mohammed al-Maqdisi has affirmed that the military units of Yemen army reserve the right to respond to Houthis' assaults and willingness to do their duties to protect the people,
His statements were made during an extraordinary meeting of the Cabinet on Saturday about the latest developments.
The minister renewed the army’s commitment to the truce, in implementation of guidelines made by President Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi – he also beefed up the coalition to support legitimacy in Yemen, revealed Saba news agency.
In a related context, King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center's project for clearing mines in Yemen (MASAM) proceeded with its mission to clear the country of landmines and explosives planted by Houthis.
Program Manager Ousama al-Gosaibi said that during last week, the teams cleared 182,656 square meters of Yemeni territories, making the total of cleared area 9,722,147 square meters. Since embarking the project until April 9, a total of 159,805 landmines, unexploded ordnance and explosive devices were removed, Gosaibi added.
Further, Deputy Director of Logistical Support in Masam project Ahmad Bakheet said that precautionary measures have taken to face the coronavirus pandemic, as masks, sanitizers, temperature reading machines, and other kits were provided.
Bakheet stressed that the project has firmly handled this matter, and ordered establishment of a special chamber for health isolation in cases of emergency.