Abu Dhabi Will Only Allow Vaccinated People in Some Public Spaces from Aug 20

An Emirati man, wearing a protective mask, walks at al-Barsha Health Center in the Gulf Emirate of Dubai on December 24, 2020. GIUSEPPE CACACE | AFP via Getty Images
An Emirati man, wearing a protective mask, walks at al-Barsha Health Center in the Gulf Emirate of Dubai on December 24, 2020. GIUSEPPE CACACE | AFP via Getty Images
TT

Abu Dhabi Will Only Allow Vaccinated People in Some Public Spaces from Aug 20

An Emirati man, wearing a protective mask, walks at al-Barsha Health Center in the Gulf Emirate of Dubai on December 24, 2020. GIUSEPPE CACACE | AFP via Getty Images
An Emirati man, wearing a protective mask, walks at al-Barsha Health Center in the Gulf Emirate of Dubai on December 24, 2020. GIUSEPPE CACACE | AFP via Getty Images

Abu Dhabi will only allow vaccinated people in some public spaces, including schools, restaurants, and shopping centers, from August 20, in efforts to fight the pandemic.

The decision doesn’t apply to those who are unvaccinated because of an exemption, nor to children aged 15 and below.

The list of places include shopping centres, restaurants, gyms, museums, resorts, and all other retail outlets, except those selling essential goods such as supermarkets and pharmacies.

Abu Dhabi Emergency, Crisis and Disasters Committee said Monday that over 93 percent of the target group in Abu Dhabi have already been vaccinated.

The Committee approved earlier a color-coded system on its health app which details testing and vaccination history.

Those who have received their second dose will appear in green on the app; however, they are required to do a PCR test monthly in order to maintain the green light for 30 days.

Those who are unvaccinated will appear in green for three days only after getting a negative PCR test.

The UAE has so far recorded more than 631,000 cases, including 1,807 deaths.

The latest restrictions come as Gulf countries, including Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, move towards more stringent restrictions on those who have not been inoculated.

The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention on Tuesday reported 2,184 new cases, along with 2,105 recoveries and 5 deaths.

The new cases were detected after conducting 281,000 tests.

The total number of cases in UAE as of June 29 reached 631,160, while the total number of recoveries stood at 609,711.

Also, Kuwait has said it will only allow fully vaccinated foreigners to enter the country and only its inoculated citizens will be allowed to travel abroad from August 1.

In Oman, People aged 18 and above will be eligible for COVID vaccines in all governorates, Oman’s Ministry of Health (MoH) announced on Tuesday.

The wider coverage takes effect on Sunday, the health ministry said in a statement on state media. Previously, people over 45 had been eligible for COVID shots, alongside special categories such as frontline workers and pregnant women.

Media reports have said recently that hospitals nationwide were facing a sharp rise in infections. The country has recorded 266,536 cases and 3,056 deaths in total.

By mid-April, Oman had given at least one dose to around 5 percent of the eligible population. This had increased to 24 percent by June 26, according to health ministry data.

Data shows 854,274 doses have been given in the country of around 4.5 million people.



Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.


Princes and Officials Take Oath Before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
TT

Princes and Officials Take Oath Before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)

Princes and officials appointed by royal orders to their new positions took the oath of office before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud in Riyadh on Tuesday.

They included Deputy Governor of Al-Baha Region Prince Fahd bin Saad bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz bin Turki; Member of the Shura Council Prince Dr. Saad bin Saud bin Mohammed bin Abdulaziz; Deputy Governor of Madinah Region Prince Saud bin Nahar bin Saud; Deputy Governor of Northern Borders Region Prince Mohammed bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz; and Minister of Investment Fahd Al-Saif.

They swore to be faithful to their religion, then their King and country, not to reveal any of the state’s secrets, to preserve its interests and regulations, and to perform their duties with honesty, trustworthiness, and sincerity.


Saudi Arabia Reiterates Its Categorical Rejection of Israel’s ‘State Land’ Decision in West Bank

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Arabia Reiterates Its Categorical Rejection of Israel’s ‘State Land’ Decision in West Bank

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)

The Saudi government condemned on Tuesday Israel’s decision to West Bank lands as "state lands."

Reiterating its absolute rejection of these illegal measures, the Cabinet warned that they undermine peace efforts and violate the Palestinian people's inherent right to establish an independent, sovereign state within the 1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital.

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chaired the Cabinet session that was held in Riyadh.

The Cabinet congratulated citizens and Muslims on the advent of the holy month of Ramadan, expressing gratitude for the Kingdom's honor in caring for the two holy mosques and their visitors.

The Cabinet highlighted the success of the Hajj and Umrah seasons, noting that the Kingdom welcomed 19.5 million international pilgrims and Umrah performers in 2025, setting new records that reflect rapid progress toward the goals of Vision 2030 and the Pilgrim Experience Program.

The Cabinet described the Kingdom's Founding Day celebration on February 22 as an expression of pride in the Saudi state's nearly three-century history, underscoring the foundations of justice, unity, and development established by leaders and citizens throughout history to ensure the nation remains a global leader in all fields.

The Cabinet was briefed on recent talks between Saudi Arabia and various nations, which focused on strengthening bilateral and multilateral cooperation and boosting coordination to foster regional and international security, stability, and prosperity.

The session further reviewed the Kingdom's economic, cultural, and social activities, stressing the state's commitment to social solidarity and giving. This includes continued support for the sixth National Campaign for Charitable Work, set to begin on Friday.

The Cabinet commended the success of the third World Defense Show held in Riyadh under the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques' patronage, during which strategic partnerships, agreements, and memoranda of understanding were signed to localize military technologies and strengthen local supply chains in alignment with Vision 2030 objectives.