COVID-19 Cases Drop in Saudi Arabia

People from different age groups seek to get vaccinated in all regions of Saudi Arabia (SPA)
People from different age groups seek to get vaccinated in all regions of Saudi Arabia (SPA)
TT

COVID-19 Cases Drop in Saudi Arabia

People from different age groups seek to get vaccinated in all regions of Saudi Arabia (SPA)
People from different age groups seek to get vaccinated in all regions of Saudi Arabia (SPA)

The Saudi Ministry of Health announced that COVID-19 cases have dropped by 85 percent, and critical cases declined 40 percent in the past two weeks.

Ministry spokesman Dr. Mohammed Abdelali explained in his weekly press conference that adherence to precautionary measures and a high vaccination rate among citizens and residents contributed to the decline in infections.

Abdelali said children under the age of 12 and infants could contract and spread the disease to their families, even if they are asymptomatic, noting that records show that some children can have the symptoms and that the virus can be lethal even to infants.

He stressed the importance of teaching children preventive health precautions and complete vaccine doses for their family members to reduce their risks of contracting COVID-19 and prevent the infection of the rest of family members.

“Completing both doses or even mixing different types of vaccines might be able to combat variants such as Delta, with some studies showing that mixed use of shots could even be more efficient,” he said.

The Health Ministry announced on Sunday 208 new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the Kingdom, bringing the total to 540,004, including 3,346 active cases. In addition, 393 patients have recovered, raising the recovery toll to 532,126.

There are 952 critical cases in Saudi Arabia, while the health condition of the rest is stable, the statement said, adding that six new deaths have been reported, putting the total fatalities at 8,532.

Speaking at the press conference, spokesperson for the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development (MHRSD) Saad al-Hammad announced that 96 percent of employees in the private sector are now vaccinated, in return for 97 percent in the public sector.

Hammad stressed the importance of employees of both sectors taking two vaccine doses to ensure a safe workspace.

He indicated that the Ministry continues to follow up on applying precautionary and preventive measures within work facilities in the private sector to limit the spread of the coronavirus and create a safe and healthy work environment.

The Ministry conducted 735,000 field inspections since the beginning of the year, which registered 8,945 violations in establishments, 57,864 warnings, and 10,465 violations reported against individuals in private establishments.

The Ministry received 22,223 complaints, with the total violations against establishments and individuals amounting to more than 19,410 violations.

The number of COVID-19 vaccine doses given so far has exceeded 36 million, administered in more than 587 vaccination centers in all regions of the Kingdom.

The number of those who received the vaccination with a single dose reached 22 million people, or 62 percent, while the number of fully vaccinated people is more than 14 million people or 40 percent.



Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
TT

Makkah Deputy Governor Carries Out Field Inspection of Grand Mosque Readiness for Ramadan 

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)
Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz is seen during his inspection tour at the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Makkah. (SPA)

Deputy Governor of the Makkah Region Prince Saud bin Mishaal bin Abdulaziz inspected the readiness of the Grand Mosque and its facilities, conducting a field tour to review operational and service preparations for receiving worshippers and Umrah performers during the holy month of Ramadan, reported the Saudi Press Agency on Tuesday.

Prince Saud was briefed on the operational plans implemented by the relevant authorities, including crowd management mechanisms, service enhancements, and facility preparations aimed at ensuring smooth movement and enhancing comfort and safety levels for visitors to the Grand Mosque, particularly during peak times.

He reviewed developmental initiatives and smart services supporting the operational system, notably electric mobility carts for transporting the elderly, persons with disabilities, and those in need of assistance within the Grand Mosque.

The tour also included an overview of the efforts of guidance teams deployed across the corridors and courtyards of the Grand Mosque, providing multilingual assistance and direction.

Prince Saud reviewed the interactive map and digital mobility platform, which allows visitors to plan their routes in advance and identify service locations, entrances and exits, and less crowded pathways.

He was briefed on crowd management systems, including the visitor density sensor platform that measures human density in real time, and the Tawaf and Sa’i crowd status display service, which allows worshippers to select appropriate times to perform rituals with ease. Models of the modern multilingual guidance system were also reviewed.

Prince Saud also visited the Smart Engineering Command and Control Center, which serves as an advanced central platform linking operational systems and monitoring performance in real time, boosting operational efficiency and raising readiness levels during Ramadan.


Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Provides Two Donations Worth SAR150 Mln Through Jood Eskan Platform

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, have provided two generous donations amounting to SAR150 million through the Jood Eskan platform.

The move aligns with the leadership's commitment to supporting all national efforts and initiatives to provide suitable housing for deserving families.

Minister of Municipalities and Housing and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Developmental Housing Foundation (Sakan) Majed Al-Hogail expressed his deep gratitude to the leadership for its unwavering support to all national efforts and initiatives aimed at providing suitable housing for eligible families across the Kingdom.

He noted the effective impact of previous generous donations in achieving the goals of housing development, and motivating individuals and institutions to donate through the Jood Eskan platform that is based on community giving that helps provide decent housing and boosts stability and quality of life for deserving families.


Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.