Arab Coalition Refutes Houthi Claims of Attack on Saada Prison with Facts, Detailed Information

Coalition spokesman Brigadier General Turki Al-Malki. (Asharq Al-Awsat)
Coalition spokesman Brigadier General Turki Al-Malki. (Asharq Al-Awsat)
TT

Arab Coalition Refutes Houthi Claims of Attack on Saada Prison with Facts, Detailed Information

Coalition spokesman Brigadier General Turki Al-Malki. (Asharq Al-Awsat)
Coalition spokesman Brigadier General Turki Al-Malki. (Asharq Al-Awsat)

Saudi-led Arab coalition spokesman Brigadier General Turki Al-Malki stressed on Friday that the coalition did not target a prison in Yemen's Saada city earlier this month.

He accused the terrorist Iran-backed Houthi militias of spreading misleading information to the media in an attempt to manipulate the public and cover the real activity that was taking place at the facility in order to garner the sympathy of international agencies.

In a statement, he presented facts and detailed information collected by the Joint Forces Command of the Coalition regarding the Houthi claim. The information will be submitted to the Joint Incident Assessment Team (JIAT), Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) Yemen and International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).

There are four locations identified as prisons in the the Joint Forces Command’s No Strike List (NSL) in Saada city, which are being used by the terrorist Houthi militias, he continued. The closest prison is located 1.8 km away from the alleged location that was targeted.

The targeted location is a Special Security Camp in Saada, making it a legitimate military target. The Houthis have used it in their military activity and to launch cross-border attacks to target civilians and civilian objects, he stated.

"What was announced and disseminated by the terrorist Houthi militias in their media outlets is a blatant attempt to mislead the public opinion regarding the true nature of the location in an attempt to garner sympathy from UN organizations and INGOs," said Malki.

"Preparations are being made to invite OCHA Yemen and ICRC to visit the Joint Forces of the Coalition’s Headquarters to familiarize them with the true nature of the military location in question, discuss the misleading Houthi narrative," he added.

Both sides will "exchange the available information they posses regarding the statements by some organizations that they have visited the location of the claim."

The coalition, he said, has not received any requests from any UN organizations or INGOs to place the location of the claim on its No Strike List.

"The Joint Forces Command of the Coalition implements the highest targeting standards and highest international standards in its targeting mechanism and Rules of Engagement," stressed Malki.

"In case of any claims, the Joint Forces Command handles said claims with the highest consideration according to its internal mechanism and in a manner adhering to the International Humanitarian Law (IHL)," he continued.

"The terrorist Houthi militias bear the full responsibility in case they use civilians as human shields in their military locations or any case contrary to IHL rules concerning detention centers as stated in the Geneva Conventions."



Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
TT

Saudi Crown Prince Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from President of Kazakhstan

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA file)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, received on Tuesday a written message from President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev on bilateral relations between their two countries.

The message was received by Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah during a meeting with his Kazakh counterpart Yermek Kosherbayev in Riyadh.


Princes and Officials Take Oath Before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
TT

Princes and Officials Take Oath Before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and other officials are seen during the ceremony in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)

Princes and officials appointed by royal orders to their new positions took the oath of office before Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud in Riyadh on Tuesday.

They included Deputy Governor of Al-Baha Region Prince Fahd bin Saad bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz bin Turki; Member of the Shura Council Prince Dr. Saad bin Saud bin Mohammed bin Abdulaziz; Deputy Governor of Madinah Region Prince Saud bin Nahar bin Saud; Deputy Governor of Northern Borders Region Prince Mohammed bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz; and Minister of Investment Fahd Al-Saif.

They swore to be faithful to their religion, then their King and country, not to reveal any of the state’s secrets, to preserve its interests and regulations, and to perform their duties with honesty, trustworthiness, and sincerity.


Saudi Arabia Reiterates Its Categorical Rejection of Israel’s ‘State Land’ Decision in West Bank

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Arabia Reiterates Its Categorical Rejection of Israel’s ‘State Land’ Decision in West Bank

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh. (SPA)

The Saudi government condemned on Tuesday Israel’s decision to West Bank lands as "state lands."

Reiterating its absolute rejection of these illegal measures, the Cabinet warned that they undermine peace efforts and violate the Palestinian people's inherent right to establish an independent, sovereign state within the 1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital.

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chaired the Cabinet session that was held in Riyadh.

The Cabinet congratulated citizens and Muslims on the advent of the holy month of Ramadan, expressing gratitude for the Kingdom's honor in caring for the two holy mosques and their visitors.

The Cabinet highlighted the success of the Hajj and Umrah seasons, noting that the Kingdom welcomed 19.5 million international pilgrims and Umrah performers in 2025, setting new records that reflect rapid progress toward the goals of Vision 2030 and the Pilgrim Experience Program.

The Cabinet described the Kingdom's Founding Day celebration on February 22 as an expression of pride in the Saudi state's nearly three-century history, underscoring the foundations of justice, unity, and development established by leaders and citizens throughout history to ensure the nation remains a global leader in all fields.

The Cabinet was briefed on recent talks between Saudi Arabia and various nations, which focused on strengthening bilateral and multilateral cooperation and boosting coordination to foster regional and international security, stability, and prosperity.

The session further reviewed the Kingdom's economic, cultural, and social activities, stressing the state's commitment to social solidarity and giving. This includes continued support for the sixth National Campaign for Charitable Work, set to begin on Friday.

The Cabinet commended the success of the third World Defense Show held in Riyadh under the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques' patronage, during which strategic partnerships, agreements, and memoranda of understanding were signed to localize military technologies and strengthen local supply chains in alignment with Vision 2030 objectives.