Arab Coalition Removes 157 Houthi Naval Mines From Red Sea

Members of the Houthi movement ride in the back of a vehicle during withdrawal from Saleef port in Hodeidah province, Yemen May 11, 2019. (Reuters)
Members of the Houthi movement ride in the back of a vehicle during withdrawal from Saleef port in Hodeidah province, Yemen May 11, 2019. (Reuters)
TT
20

Arab Coalition Removes 157 Houthi Naval Mines From Red Sea

Members of the Houthi movement ride in the back of a vehicle during withdrawal from Saleef port in Hodeidah province, Yemen May 11, 2019. (Reuters)
Members of the Houthi movement ride in the back of a vehicle during withdrawal from Saleef port in Hodeidah province, Yemen May 11, 2019. (Reuters)

The Saudi-led Arab coalition has removed a naval mine placed in the south of the Red Sea by the Houthi militias on Saturday.

The coalition said that 157 naval mines have been removed after being randomly deployed by the Iran-backed Houthis.

The Houthi militia continues to threaten maritime navigation and global trade in the Bab al-Mandab strait and the southern Red Sea, the coalition said.

Coalition Spokesperson Colonel Turki al-Maliki stressed that the terrorist Houthi militia continues to launch systematic and deliberate attacks targeting civilian objects and civilians in the Saudi Southern region.

Earlier this week, the Coalition also successfully intercepted and destroyed two explosive-laden boats in the Red Sea.

According to Maliki, the boats were launched from Hodeidah Governorate, which the Houthi militias use "as a base to launch ballistic missiles, drones, booby-trapped remote-operated boats."



Muslim World League Condemns Israeli Airstrikes on Syrian Territory

The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
TT
20

Muslim World League Condemns Israeli Airstrikes on Syrian Territory

The Muslim World League (MWL) logo
The Muslim World League (MWL) logo

The Muslim World League (MWL) strongly condemned the deadly Israeli airstrikes targeting several areas in Syria, the Saudi Press Agency reported on Friday.

In a statement, MWL Secretary-General and Chairman of the Organization of Muslim Scholars, Mohammed Al-Issa, condemned Israel’s brutal approach in violating international laws and destabilizing security and stability in Syria and the region.

He called on the international community to take immediate and firm action against these serious violations.

He also emphasized unwavering solidarity with Syria and its people against anything that threatens its security, stability, territorial sovereignty, and unity.