Saudi Arabia Welcomes Ceasefire Agreement in Yemen

 The damaged Sanaa airport a day after Israeli airstrikes hit the premises, in Sanaa, Yemen, 07 May 2025. (EPA)
The damaged Sanaa airport a day after Israeli airstrikes hit the premises, in Sanaa, Yemen, 07 May 2025. (EPA)
TT

Saudi Arabia Welcomes Ceasefire Agreement in Yemen

 The damaged Sanaa airport a day after Israeli airstrikes hit the premises, in Sanaa, Yemen, 07 May 2025. (EPA)
The damaged Sanaa airport a day after Israeli airstrikes hit the premises, in Sanaa, Yemen, 07 May 2025. (EPA)

Saudi Arabia welcomed the ceasefire in Yemen, announced by Oman, aiming to protect international navigation and trade, the Kingdom's foreign ministry said on Wednesday.

It reiterated its support for all effort aimed at reaching a comprehensive political solution to the crisis in Yemen that would achieve security and stability in the country and region.

Oman said a day earlier that it mediated a ceasefire deal between Yemen's Iran-aligned Houthis and the US.

President Donald Trump announced on Tuesday the US would stop bombing the Houthis in Yemen, saying that the militants had agreed to stop attacking US ships.

The ceasefire deal does not include sparing Israel, the Houthis said on Wednesday, suggesting their shipping attacks that have disrupted global trade will not come to a complete halt.

There have been no reports of Houthi attacks on shipping in the Red Sea area since January.

The Houthis have been firing at Israel and at shipping in the Red Sea since Israel began its military offensive against Hamas in Gaza after the Palestinian group's deadly attack on Israel on October 7, 2023.

The US military has said it has struck more than 1,000 targets since its current operation in Yemen, known as Operation Rough Rider, started on March 15. The strikes, the US military said, have killed "hundreds of Houthi fighters and numerous Houthi leaders".



Saudi Leadership Donates SAR70 Million to the National Campaign for Charitable Work

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Donates SAR70 Million to the National Campaign for Charitable Work

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, donated SAR70 million to the sixth edition of the National Campaign for Charitable Work, through the National Platform for Charitable Work (Ehsan), which was launched in Riyadh on Friday.

King Salman donated SAR40 million, while the Crown Prince donated SAR30 million. The donations are an extension of the generous and unlimited support provided by the wise leadership for charitable work in the Kingdom.

Ehsan Supervisory Committee Chairman Dr. Majid Al-Kassabi expressed his gratitude to King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed for their generous donations.

The Ehsan platform continues to receive donations throughout the holy month of Ramadan from individuals and organizations through its website, mobile application, dedicated telephone number, and designated bank account.


Saudi FM Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from Russian Counterpart 

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov. (Saudi Foreign Ministry)
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov. (Saudi Foreign Ministry)
TT

Saudi FM Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from Russian Counterpart 

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov. (Saudi Foreign Ministry)
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov. (Saudi Foreign Ministry)

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov congratulated each other on Thursday on the centenary of diplomatic relations between their countries.

Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Waleed Elkhereiji received, on behalf of the foreign minister, a letter from Lavrov during a meeting with Russian Ambassador to the Kingdom Sergey Kozlov in Riyadh.

The diplomats exchanged congratulations on the centenary of diplomatic relations and discussed several issues of common interest.


Saudi Defense Minister Decorates Former CENTCOM Commander with King Abdulaziz Medal 

Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla during the ceremony in Riyadh on Thursday. (SPA)
Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla during the ceremony in Riyadh on Thursday. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Defense Minister Decorates Former CENTCOM Commander with King Abdulaziz Medal 

Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla during the ceremony in Riyadh on Thursday. (SPA)
Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla during the ceremony in Riyadh on Thursday. (SPA)

Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz bestowed on Thursday the King Abdulaziz Medal of Excellent Class upon former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla.

The medal was awarded at the directives of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.

The ceremony took place at the defense minister's office in Riyadh.