Al-Mahrami: Saudi Arabia Backs the Solution for Southern Yemen without Preconditions

Officials are seen at the consultative meeting on southern Yemen in Riyadh on Sunday. (Asharq Al-Awsat)
Officials are seen at the consultative meeting on southern Yemen in Riyadh on Sunday. (Asharq Al-Awsat)
TT

Al-Mahrami: Saudi Arabia Backs the Solution for Southern Yemen without Preconditions

Officials are seen at the consultative meeting on southern Yemen in Riyadh on Sunday. (Asharq Al-Awsat)
Officials are seen at the consultative meeting on southern Yemen in Riyadh on Sunday. (Asharq Al-Awsat)

A consultative meeting on southern Yemen kicked off in Riyadh on Sunday. The meeting brings together leaderships, elders and senior figures from southern Yemen. 

In a statement, the gatherers said the meeting reflects the South’s “collective will to search for a just, secure and guaranteed solution” to the southern cause “away from escalation or attempts to create secondary conflicts that do not serve the South and its future.” 

They praised Saudi Arabia’s “clear” support for their cause as demonstrated in direct meetings with its leaders and officials, said the statement that was read by member of Yemen’s Presidential Leadership Council (PLC) Abou Zaraa Al-Mahrami. 

Saudi Arabia’s positions “align completely with the just demands of the people of the South and back their right to reach a comprehensive political solution that guarantees their dignity, security, stability and future without preconditions or political demands.” 

These positions allow the people to determine their political fate and destiny, including reclaiming full sovereignty, added the statement. 

Al-Mahrami said the upcoming Saudi-sponsored intra-southern dialogue “is a rare historic opportunity that should not be squandered or undermined through sparking internal southern disputes.” 

He cautioned against antagonizing the Kingdom or creating disputes with it, saying this “serves the parties that are opposed to our cause.” 

Furthermore, he stressed that no one will be marginalized, explaining that the dialogue is based on the greatest possible partnership and representation of the South. 

“Since arriving in Riyadh, we sensed clear and sincere support for the southern cause. Our presence here played a direct role in meeting the demands of our people and forces,” he continued. 

Al-Mahrami noted the Kingdom’s keenness on supporting the Yemeni people’s daily needs, as well as the country’s economy. 

“We also received direct assurances from Saudi officials that support for the southern forces will continue,” he added. The forces are protecting the South and its security and are deployed at battlefronts. 

The support will consolidate the stability of the South and block attempts to weaken the southern front or raise doubts about its people, he went on to say. 

The statement said Saudi Arabia’s economic and development support “are the pillars for the future partnership” between the South and the Kingdom. 

“Today’s meeting will pave the way for a real strategic future based on security, stability and development,” it stressed. 

Moreover, the statement noted that Saudi Arabia had been at the forefront in protecting the South against all threats. “It is the main partner in maintaining its security and stability and backing its just cause,” it added. 

“Saudi Arabia’s stances have proven that the Kingdom has and continues to be a sincere supporter and guarantor of the South’s security and stability,” it said. 

“The real danger against the South lies in the Houthi militias and their expansionist agendas against the South and entire region,” it warned. The statement also warned against the threat of ISIS and al-Qaeda. 

“We therefore categorically reject any attempts that aim to raise doubts against the Kingdom’s role,” it said, while also dismissing campaigns against the southern military and security forces led by the Giants Brigades and National Shield forces. 



Saudi Leadership Condoles Kuwait over Passing of Sheikh Mohammed Faisal Mohammed Abdulaziz Al‑Malik Al‑Sabah

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince and Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince and Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Condoles Kuwait over Passing of Sheikh Mohammed Faisal Mohammed Abdulaziz Al‑Malik Al‑Sabah

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince and Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince and Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. (SPA)

The Saudi leadership extended condolences to Emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Meshal Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah and to Crown Prince of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah Al-Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Mubarak Al-Sabah, over the passing of Sheikh Mohammed Faisal Mohammed Abdulaziz Al-Malik Al-Sabah, the Saudi Press Agency reported on Saturday.

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince and Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud sent separate cables extending deepest condolences and sincere sympathy to the Kuwaiti Emir, the Crown Prince and the family of the deceased.


Crown Prince Discusses Regional Developments in Phone Call with US President, Arab, and Islamic Leaders

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (SPA)
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (SPA)
TT

Crown Prince Discusses Regional Developments in Phone Call with US President, Arab, and Islamic Leaders

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (SPA)
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (SPA)

Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia, participated in a joint phone call on Saturday with the US President and several leaders of Arab and Islamic countries, the Saudi Press Agency reported on Sunday.

The phone conversation included US President Donald Trump, King of Bahrain Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, President of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, King of Jordan Abdullah II ibn Al Hussein, President of Egypt Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, and Chief of Army Staff of Pakistan Field Marshal Asim Munir.

During the call, the leaders reviewed the latest regional developments, expressing deep appreciation for President Trump's leadership and his commitment to consultation and coordination with regional leaders.

They also acknowledged the mediation efforts led by Pakistan and the endeavors of the State of Qatar, which are aimed at reaching an agreement to halt escalation and bolster regional security and stability.


Saudi Foreign Minister, Egyptian Counterpart Discuss Regional Developments

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah
TT

Saudi Foreign Minister, Egyptian Counterpart Discuss Regional Developments

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received a phone call on Saturday from Egypt's Minister of Foreign Affairs, Emigration and Egyptian Expatriates Dr. Badr Abdelatty.

They discussed the latest regional developments and agreed to maintain bilateral coordination and consultation on these issues.