Gulf Air Defenses Intercept More Than 1,800 Iranian Missiles and Drones

Missiles and drones intercepted over Doha. (dpa)
Missiles and drones intercepted over Doha. (dpa)
TT

Gulf Air Defenses Intercept More Than 1,800 Iranian Missiles and Drones

Missiles and drones intercepted over Doha. (dpa)
Missiles and drones intercepted over Doha. (dpa)

Iranian attacks on cities and critical facilities across Gulf states continued, while regional air defense systems reported intercepting more than 465 missiles and 1,414 drones since the start of the confrontation.

Major General Turki Al-Maliki, the official spokesman for the Saudi Ministry of Defense, said the US Embassy in Riyadh was targeted Tuesday by two drones. Saudi air defenses also intercepted and destroyed eight drones near Riyadh and Al-Kharj.

Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Ministry strongly condemned the Iranian attack on the embassy building, describing it as a serious violation of international norms. In a statement, the ministry said the “repeated cowardly and unjustified attack” contravenes international law, including the 1949 Geneva Conventions and the 1961 Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, which guarantee the protection of diplomatic premises and personnel even during armed conflict.

Riyadh warned that such actions could push the region toward further escalation, particularly as Saudi Arabia had previously made clear that it would not allow its territory or airspace to be used for attacks on Iran. The Kingdom reiterated its right to take all necessary measures to safeguard its territory, citizens, residents and vital interests, including the option to respond to aggression.

Oman: Attacks on Duqm and Dhofar

In Oman, a security source said fuel storage tanks at Duqm Port were targeted by several drones, one of which struck a tank. Authorities said the damage was contained and no casualties were reported.

According to the Oman News Agency, Muscat condemned the attack and said it was taking all necessary steps to address the situation. Security officials also reported that two drones were shot down over Dhofar Governorate, while a third fell near the Port of Salalah without causing casualties or damage.

Oman renewed its condemnation of the attacks and affirmed that it would take all necessary measures to protect national security.

Kuwait: Missiles Intercepted

The Kuwaiti Armed Forces General Staff said Tuesday that military units had confronted a wave of missiles and drones detected in the country’s airspace and were continuing operations to intercept them.

The US Embassy in Kuwait was also targeted in an Iranian attack. Kuwait’s Foreign Ministry condemned the strike “in the strongest terms,” describing it as a blatant violation of international law and diplomatic conventions, including the Geneva Conventions and the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations. The country reaffirmed its right to take all necessary measures to protect its security, territory and residents.

Qatar: Missile Stocks Denial

In Doha, the Qatari Ministry of Defense said the country’s armed forces possess the capabilities needed to protect national territory and confront any external threat.

The Qatar International Media Office denied a Bloomberg report claiming the country had only four days’ worth of interceptor missiles remaining. In a statement, the office said stocks for Qatar’s Patriot air defense system remain intact and sufficient, with reserves still available.

Meanwhile, QatarEnergy announced it had suspended production of several chemical, petrochemical and downstream industrial products in the country. The decision follows its earlier halt of liquefied natural gas (LNG) production and related products.

The suspension affects a range of products, including urea, polymers, methanol and aluminium. Qatar also condemned Iranian attacks targeting US diplomatic missions in Riyadh and Kuwait, calling them a clear violation of international law.

Bahrain: Dozens of Missiles Destroyed

The Bahrain Defense Force said its air defense systems had destroyed 73 missiles and 91 drones launched as part of what it described as a “terrorist Iranian assault” on the kingdom.

The military said it had successfully thwarted what it called indiscriminate attacks that violate international humanitarian law and the United Nations Charter.

It added that Bahrain possesses advanced defense systems and modern military capabilities to protect its airspace, waters and territory, stressing that its forces remain fully prepared to confront any threats to the country’s security or sovereignty.

UAE: Fire at Fujairah Oil Zone

Authorities in the Emirate of Fujairah in the UAE said they had contained a fire that broke out Tuesday morning in the Fujairah Oil Industry Zone (FOIZ).

The blaze was caused by debris falling after air defenses successfully intercepted a drone. Officials confirmed there were no injuries, and operations in the area have returned to normal.

Authorities urged the public to rely on official sources for information and avoid spreading rumors or unverified reports.

GCC Condemns Iranian Attacks

Jasem Albudaiwi, Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), strongly condemned what he described as Iran’s “cowardly and treacherous attacks” on member states, including strikes on civilian and diplomatic facilities such as the US embassies in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

Albudaiwi said the attacks and the accompanying escalation represent clear evidence of Tehran’s intentions toward Gulf states and its efforts to destabilize regional and global security.

“Targeting the territory of GCC states cannot be justified under any pretext,” he stated, calling on Iran to immediately halt what he described as “barbaric attacks.” He added that GCC countries stand united in defending their sovereignty, security and national interests.



Saudi Arabia Condemns Cowardly Terrorist Attack on Military Base in Chad

Saudi Arabia Condemns Cowardly Terrorist Attack on Military Base in Chad
TT

Saudi Arabia Condemns Cowardly Terrorist Attack on Military Base in Chad

Saudi Arabia Condemns Cowardly Terrorist Attack on Military Base in Chad

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs expressed the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s condemnation and denunciation of the cowardly terrorist attack on a military base in the Republic of Chad, which resulted in the deaths and injuries of several security personnel.

In a statement, the ministry reiterated the Kingdom’s firm rejection of terrorist and extremist acts that attempt to undermine the security and stability of Chad and its brotherly people.

The statement said: “The Kingdom affirms its solidarity with and support for the government and people of the Republic of Chad in the wake of this painful tragedy, extending its sincere condolences and sympathy to the families of the victims and to the government and people of Chad, wishing the injured a speedy recovery.


Saudi FM Discusses Regional Developments with Portuguese Counterpart

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah
TT

Saudi FM Discusses Regional Developments with Portuguese Counterpart

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received a phone call from Portugal’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Paulo Rangel.

During the call, they discussed the latest developments in the region and efforts to maintain security and stability.


GCC Secretary-General Meets with UK Foreign Secretary in London

Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi
Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi
TT

GCC Secretary-General Meets with UK Foreign Secretary in London

Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi
Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi

Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Jasem Albudaiwi has met with UK’s Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs Yvette Cooper in London.

During Wednesday’s meeting, the two sides reviewed Gulf-British relations. They affirmed that the signing of the joint statement concluding the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) negotiations embodies a new, deeply rooted era for Gulf-British relations.

They also exchanged views on the latest regional developments, stressing the imporance of intensifying international and regional efforts to enhance security and stability.