Gulf States Repel Iranian Attacks on Fifth Day of War

Gulf States Repel Iranian Attacks on Fifth Day of War
TT

Gulf States Repel Iranian Attacks on Fifth Day of War

Gulf States Repel Iranian Attacks on Fifth Day of War

As the military confrontation between Iran on one side and the United States and Israel on the other entered its fifth day, Iran continued launching missile and drone attacks targeting several Gulf states. Officials across the region repeatedly affirmed that Gulf air-defense systems were able to intercept most of the incoming threats.

While several Gulf countries announced the interception of dozens of missiles and drones, limited damage was reported in isolated incidents. Governments stressed that their armed forces remain fully prepared to protect national airspace and critical infrastructure.

Saudi Arabia

Major General Turki Al-Maliki, official spokesman for the Saudi Ministry of Defense, announced on Wednesday that air-defense forces intercepted and destroyed nine drones immediately after they entered Saudi airspace.

Al-Maliki later confirmed that two cruise missiles were intercepted and destroyed in Al-Kharj Governorate, about 80 kilometers southeast of the capital, Riyadh. He also reported the interception and destruction of an additional drone in the Eastern Province.

In a related development, an official source at the Ministry of Energy said that the Ras Tanura oil refinery was targeted early Wednesday by an attempted drone attack. The source confirmed that no damage occurred and that oil supplies were not affected.

Qatar

In Qatar, the Ministry of Defense announced that the country had been targeted on Wednesday by a number of drones and two cruise missiles launched from Iran.

According to the ministry, the attack involved 10 drones and the two cruise missiles. The Qatari Emiri Air Defense Forces intercepted six of the drones.

The Qatari Emiri Air Force successfully intercepted two additional drones as well as both cruise missiles, while the Qatari Emiri Naval Forces dealt with the remaining two drones.

The ministry stressed that the Qatari Armed Forces possess the full capabilities and resources necessary to protect the country’s sovereignty and territory and to respond decisively to any external threat.

Kuwait

The Kuwaiti Armed Forces announced that they had dealt with a wave of missiles and drones detected in the country’s airspace.

In a statement, the Kuwaiti Army’s General Staff said the armed forces were carrying out their duties in intercepting and neutralizing the targets, emphasizing their full readiness to confront all threats and ensure the protection of the nation’s territory, airspace, and the safety of citizens and residents.

Separately, Kuwait’s Ministry of Health announced the death of a resident child after being injured by falling debris in a residential area of Capital Governorate.

The ministry’s official spokesman, Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad, said that Al-Amiri Hospital received the 11-year-old girl through emergency medical services after she was struck by shrapnel that fell in a residential neighborhood. However, she passed away due to her injuries.

United Arab Emirates

The UAE Ministry of Defense reported that air defense systems successfully intercepted three ballistic missiles, while 129 drones were detected. Of those, 121 were intercepted, while eight fell inside the country’s territory.

The ministry said that since the beginning of the Iranian attacks, 189 ballistic missiles had been detected heading toward the UAE. 175 were destroyed, 13 fell into the sea, and one landed inside Emirati territory.

Authorities also reported detecting 941 Iranian drones, with 876 intercepted and 65 falling inside the country, in addition to the detection and destruction of eight cruise missiles.

The ministry said the attacks caused some collateral damage, as well as three fatalities and 78 injuries, most of them described as minor.

Bahrain

The General Command of the Bahrain Defense Force announced that 74 missiles and 95 hostile drones had been destroyed since the beginning of Iranian attacks on the country.

In a statement, the command said all air-defense systems remain on maximum alert to respond immediately and decisively to missile and drone strikes, which it described as “ongoing and unjustified Iranian aggression.”

It added that specialized field teams are rapidly securing attack sites to ensure public safety and that air-defense systems remain at the highest level of readiness.

The command stressed that targeting civilians and civilian infrastructure with missiles and drones constitutes a flagrant violation of international humanitarian law and the United Nations Charter, affirming Bahrain’s legitimate right to take all necessary measures to defend its sovereignty and security.

Maritime Incident Near Hormuz

Separately, the Royal Navy of Oman responded to a report that a Malta-flagged cargo ship had been struck by two missiles near the Strait of Hormuz.

Authorities said the vessel’s 24 crew members were rescued and provided with the necessary medical care, confirming that all were in good health.



Etidal, Telegram Remove over 34 Million Extremist Items

The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space. SPA
The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space. SPA
TT

Etidal, Telegram Remove over 34 Million Extremist Items

The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space. SPA
The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space. SPA

Joint efforts by the Global Center for Combating Extremist Ideology (Etidal) and Telegram led to the removal of 34,290,268 items of extremist content and the closure of 1,275 channels used to disseminate and promote such material during the first half of 2026.

The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space.

Since the collaboration began in February 2022 through June 30, 2026, a total of 292,597,845 items of extremist content have been removed and 20,362 channels closed.

The continued cooperation underscores the effectiveness of joint efforts by Etidal and Telegram in curbing the spread of extremist propaganda and contributing to a safer digital environment.


Saudi Royal Orders Transform Ehsan Platform into Independent Non-Profit Foundation

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Royal Orders Transform Ehsan Platform into Independent Non-Profit Foundation

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz issued on Thursday a Royal Order to transform the National Platform for Charitable Work (Ehsan) into an independent non-profit foundation under the name "Ehsan Foundation for Charitable Work".

The foundation aims to strengthen charitable work and connect donors with beneficiaries by providing diverse donation opportunities, enabling individuals and companies to donate, and, in coordination with government and private entities, enhancing the efficiency of the non-profit sector in the Kingdom.

Another Royal Order was issued to form the Board of Trustees of the Ehsan Foundation for Charitable Work, chaired by Dr. Majid Al-Kassabi and his deputy Ahmed Al-Rajhi. The membership term is three years that can be renewed.

The board includes Dr. Abdullah bin Sharaf Al-Ghamdi, governor of the General Authority for Awqaf, Eng. Abdulrahman bin Ibrahim bin Abdulrahman Al-Ruwaitea, Adib bin Abdullah bin Hamad Al-Zamil, Princess Nouf bint Mohammed bin Abdullah bin Mohammed Al Abdulrahman, Dr. Abdulrahman bin Abdulmohsen bin Mohammed Al-Khalaf, and Emad bin Abdulqader bin Abdulmohsen Al-Muhaideb.

For more than five years, the Ehsan platform has received support and enabled contributions from all segments of society. As a result, the platform has received more than 440 million donations totaling SAR17 billion, underscoring society's confidence in the platform's role in empowering the Kingdom's charitable sector and its commitment to charitable giving across various fields.

This institutional transformation represents a major step toward achieving the objectives and future aspirations of charitable work in the Kingdom by strengthening the Ehsan Foundation for Charitable Work's ability to promote innovation and develop Ehsan platform services. It will also support programs, services and non-profit donation platforms and contribute to unifying technical and professional efforts in charitable and development work.


Saudi Ambassador Inaugurates 3rd Phase of Lebanese Land Exports to the Kingdom

Part of Thursday’s inauguration ceremony. SPA
Part of Thursday’s inauguration ceremony. SPA
TT

Saudi Ambassador Inaugurates 3rd Phase of Lebanese Land Exports to the Kingdom

Part of Thursday’s inauguration ceremony. SPA
Part of Thursday’s inauguration ceremony. SPA

Saudi Ambassador to Lebanon Fahd bin Abdulrahman Al-Dosari inaugurated on Thursday the third phase of Lebanese exports to the Kingdom.

Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister Mohammed bin Salman had ordered the resumption of Lebanese exports to the Kingdom.

The exports will pass through the Masnaa border crossing between Lebanon and Syria.

Thursday’s inauguration ceremony was attended by Lebanese Minister of Public Works and Transport Fayez Rasamny, representing the prime minister, along with several government officials.

Rasamny praised the Kingdom’s decision to resume imports of Lebanese products, describing it as a direct support for the national economy and a step that opens new opportunities for Lebanese producers.

The ceremony also included the activation of the scanner at Masnaa. This was followed by an inspection visit to the site designated for the establishment of a new land border crossing center.